Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sorry to be a bit rude but have not watched the news for the past few years? Craig Whyte and Rangers are pennies compared to what people have gotten away with.

Thanks for that ... so yes the world has gone mad. CW buys RFC then rapes HMRC under his company's name and as "secure creditor" is above the law :angry:

Thanks for that ... so yes the world has gone mad. CW buys RFC then rapes HMRC under his company's name and as "secure creditor" is above the law :angry:

Not only is it above the law, its the intent of this area of law. I dont give a f*ck for the tax office. They have been in the back pockets of big business for decades.

But there are a lot of small companies run by good people that will be screwed by this.

It does show up football fans for the dickheads they can be. They are enjoying this so much they dont realise small businesses are getting creamed by this. But then the same thing happenes when the shysters took over Rover (with government help) or is happening again with Petroplus where over 2000 jobs are at risk or the wave of bankrupcies sweeping US shale gas producers as the jig is up for that little wheeze.

What I think as a fan of the club is different to how I view it in the bigger game. Its just one more incident of the kind of ruthless capitalism we have had for decades. £100 milion wipeout is chicken feed compared to some of what has going on right now, company after company playing these games while Greece and Ireland have the life squeezed out of them so Germany can give German banks near the full amount Greece owes to them. Bit different when its the people who have to pay and the companies who are owed.

The documentary I got the link form is a great over view on how the system is built specifically to profit those who practice this kind of business.

To read and understand properly what is about to happen will take me some time but it seems that I've grasped this. A lot of people/clubs are about to get screwed and yet the HMRC can do nothing about it and the SPL won't. In actual fact the SPL will no doubt do all it can to help Rangers through this "difficult time" and remain a part of the league just to protect a deal with a broadcaster who really doesn't give a shit about said league. How did I do?

Edited by Gaz FFC

On a more serious note, can anyone explain what this Ticketus company are all about? I can't seem to find much info them.

Ticketus agree to loan said cash to Rangers and get a group of investors to fund the loan, 1st 30p in every £ invested goes to Ticketus with the reamaining 70p invested in Rangers and guaranteed to turn into at least 105p at end of term, a wee bit like how those investing in the building of new schools managed it.

The only thing that pisses me off about this is how the public are flapping like fcuk in outrage, it happens every hour of every day, nobody gives a shit, we just clap like big seals when the Govt attack some skint junkies for getting an extra tenner a week kidding on they're separated, or some similar scenario.

Look into Google and other such companies and see how they avoid tax by using satelite offices to deposit cash in for a day, Dublin I think.

This is all a big game that the little people are excluded from.

Edited by ayrmad

To read and understand properly what is about to happen will take me some time but it seems that I've grasped this. A lot of people/clubs are about to get screwed and yet the HMRC can do nothing about it and the SPL won't. In actual fact the SPL will no doubt do all it can to help Rangers through this "difficult time" and remain a part of the league just to protect a deal with a broadcaster who really doesn't give a shit about said league. How did I do?

You've probably read these already, I plucked them from the Huffy Post.

The SPL cannot do anything to help Rangers, they are only the SPL organisational/administrative body representing all other SPL clubs, I don't know if it is possible within their guidelines but they could maybe approach each member for a contribution but thats highly unlikely, and fact is I doubt if the other clubs could afford to give anything away, plus here is a club which added a percentage onto away fans tickets, that may sound petty and irrelevant but thats only part of the arrogance showed to other clubs over the years, and little things like that are not forgotten.

What sanctions have been imposed?

The club has been docked 10 points by the Scottish Premier League.

If it remains in administration beyond this season, it will begin the new campaign on minus 10 points. Rangers will also be stopped from registering any new players with the Scottish Premier League, with the only exception being the signing of an emergency goalkeeper.

What about European football?

Rangers have to prove to the Scottish Football Association that its finances are in shape before 31 March or face expulsion from Europe next season.

Rangers need a Uefa club licence to compete in the Champions League and the Europa League next season - provided they qualify. Administration does not automatically exclude a club from getting a licence but a number of complex criteria would have to be met, meaning the chances of obtaining a licence would be low.

How long are Rangers likely to be in administration?

Rangers hope a period of administration would last no longer than a few weeks.

A company voluntary arrangement (CVA) is drafted to try to reach agreement with creditors in order to exit administration. The club has put forward a CVA proposal to HMRC in which creditors would be paid and provisions made for the HMRC case.

So if a cva was agreed, and rangers are still rangers, would the tax case not still be looming? Would that not put them back in administration if they lost that? Do they not need to close down to get out of the tax case?

I'd take that tbh.

So if a cva was agreed, and rangers are still rangers, would the tax case not still be looming? Would that not put them back in administration if they lost that? Do they not need to close down to get out of the tax case?

I'd take that tbh.

Thats what i was thinking.. Theres no point in pushing through a CVA only to go back into admin before the end of the season... The only end game that i can see for rangers is liquidation, even before the outcome of the tax case

This is just going to be like a bad storyline from east enders. Drags on for ages, everyone waiting with anticipation and sorely disappointed when the big finale comes!!!

If a Phoenix rises I have absolutely no doubt that the spineless of our clubs will vote them back in. I include Celtic in that contrary to whatever has come out of darkheid

This is just going to be like a bad storyline from east enders. Drags on for ages, everyone waiting with anticipation and sorely disappointed when the big finale comes!!!

If a Phoenix rises I have absolutely no doubt that the spineless of our clubs will vote them back in. I include Celtic in that contrary to whatever has come out of darkheid recently. One ugly sister is not as viable a proposition without the other.

Bang on. Now watch the horror unfold.... dry.gif

I'd take that tbh.

Remember, a CVA ultimately only represents a partial settlement of the total liabilities, based on the number of unsecured creditors only. Unsecured creditors get the scraps off the floor - not the meat on the table.

HMRC have pursued Harry Redknapp (failed), Portsmouth FC (limited success) and Plymouth Argyle (again limited success) in an aggressive approach to the financial skullduggery often operated by not only Football Clubs but by hundreds (if not thousands) of businesses every damn day !

Any club currently using foreign nationals in their team may also be abusing the EBT (Employee Benefit Taxation) system. Maybe not to the same giddy amounts as the Govan Gang but they will be as guilty as them. AS I said before HMRC officials - being public sector - are not as astute as their private sector counterparts and frequently get their efforts diluted or completely binned by corporate smart-arses, costing you and me fortunes in lost tax revenue.

The fact that this one has involved Rangers is just giving the age old tax problem a bigger forum to get exposed in.

Country's fooked lads..... blink.gif

Carry on.

Edited by GreenockRover

If a Phoenix rises I have absolutely no doubt that the spineless of our clubs will vote them back in. I include Celtic in that contrary to whatever has come out of darkheid recently. One ugly sister is not as viable a proposition without the other.

This. Forever this. dry.gif

Apologies if this has been answered before.

If money was borrowed from Ticketus to pay off the bank then how can Craig Whyte be a creditor? Exactly what has he loaned Rangers and what was the money used for?

If I was HMRC I'd be reviewing all transactions since Whyte got involved with Rangers.

Listening to the interviews with some of the Rangers fans outside Ibrox is hilarious. What a bunch of fucking deluded idiots.

Couldn't stop laughing every time that *** with the blond haird started greeting on the bbc someone please post it.

Edited by THE KING

Bang on. Now watch the horror unfold.... dry.gif

Remember, a CVA ultimately only represents a partial settlement of the total liabilities, based on the number of unsecured creditors only. Unsecured creditors get the scraps off the floor - not the meat on the table.

HMRC have pursued Harry Redknapp (failed), Portsmouth FC (limited success) and Plymouth Argyle (again limited success) in an aggressive approach to the financial skullduggery often operated by not only Football Clubs but by hundreds (if not thousands) of businesses every damn day !

Any club currently using foreign nationals in their team may also be abusing the EBT (Employee Benefit Taxation) system. Maybe not to the same giddy amounts as the Govan Gang but they will be as guilty as them. AS I said before HMRC officials - being public sector - are not as astute as their private sector counterparts and frequently get their efforts diluted or completely binned by corporate smart-arses, costing you and me fortunes in lost tax revenue.

The fact that this one has involved Rangers is just giving the age old tax problem a bigger forum to get exposed in.

Country's fooked lads..... blink.gif

Carry on.

Yeah - here's Rangers 20 point plan...

1. Rangers cheat and buy huge success - bluenose hordes lap up the Murray years.

2. Murray sells in dodgy deal to dodgy owner for a quid. He must be doing (virtual) cartwheels at washing his hands of the mess, especially the bigger tax case.

3. New owner promises the earth - bluenose hordes gather outside and cheer their new knight in shining armour.

4. New owner is exposed for what he is.

5. New owner deliberately takes Rangers into administration at a time of his choosing, and under an administrator of his choosing.

6. New owner hasn't put a penny piece into Rangers, has engaged in dodgy practices, the bluenose hordes aren't cheering him any more.

7. The bluenose hordes cry and want everyone - Murray, Johnston, Whyte, the taxman..... hung, drawn and quartered - they deserve better.

8. New owner and his chums administrators set about their carve-up robust plan to secure Rangers 'going forward'.

9. Good honest hard-working staff, creditors, the public purse - all cheated.

10. Rangers 'endure' some short-term tough times - but it's a coward's way to dodge the debts you racked up by your own gross mis-management.

11. Administration or liquidation - Rangers will rise from the ashes, perhaps in an 'Airdrie United' type of guise, and the rulebook will be ripped up - because it's Rangers.

12. 'New' Rangers - under new ownership who appeared from hiding after Whyte cheated his way to clearing Rangers decks, will be installed into the Ibrox boardroom.

13. They make a triumphant speech on the steps of Ibrox - bluenose hordes gather outside and cheer their new knight(s) in shining armour.

14. The speech uses the terms 'moving forward', 'stability', 'tradition', 'success', 'investing in the team' - bluenose hordes cheer.

15. 'New' Rangers is a term of convenience. It's the same old Rangers, but without the burden of the debt, which has been massaged away by cheating and skullduggery.

16. 'New' Rangers start to sign Scottish/British players of a calibre 10 of the other 11 SPL teams cannot afford - even the ones who didn't cheat their debts and have paid their way.

17. 'New' Rangers start to sign expensive foreign diddy players of a calibre 10 of the other 11 SPL teams cannot afford - even the ones who didn't cheat their debts and have paid their way.

18. 'New' Rangers win the SPL... and a cup.

19. 'New' Rangers are a small-ish force again in Europe.

20. Everyone forgot it even happened, and they all lived happily ever after.

Again, like a previous poster - have I missed anything here?

Edited by pozbaird