Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Michel Platini would certainly be concerned about Rangers FC 2012 replacing Rangers FC in the SPL but the Fiorentina precedent to which you refer to did not result in any sanctions against the Federcalcio.

If Whyte goes down the pre pack route, the demise of Rangers FC during the current season would leave a vacancy in the SPL presenting severe financial and logistical problems.

The SPLwould have to declare all this season's results involving the club void, one team would be without a game each weekend for the remainder of the season and TV contracts and sponsorship deals could be jeopardised.

The newclub Glasgow Rangers FC 2012 would have to apply for membership to the ScottishFootball League or Scottish Premier League.

To force the deal through Rangers FC 2012 would require 10 of the remaining 11 SPL clubs to vote in their favour.

If anytwo clubs vote against them, they would have to apply for membership of the SFL.

Without Rangers in the SPL other teams would have to cut costs or get new financing from their bankers which may not be straightforward. In this scenario, I would expect Rangers FC 2012 to get enough support to pick-up the place of the defunct Rangers FC.

How about a club that fancies its chances of finishing second at worst (does that equate to a CL place?)

Or Dunfermline - to prevent relegation and effectively bring up Ross County to fill the gap.

It is entirely possible that not all SPL Chairmen are driven by money and TV deals.

Not read through this thread apart from the first few posts but if they do come back stronger..................well f**k it, its been worth it for the laugh today.

Not even getting a response to texts now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This would however depend on that way in which Rangers FC (the footballing entity) was transferred to the new company. To be a member of SPL or SFL you must be a member of SFA - and for that a number of conditions apply. I'm pretty sure that includes 3 years audited accounts, an existing youth team, etc.

So a new company and club wouldn't fit that bill.

Transferring the 'footballing entity' asset from one company to another would, and could enable remaining in SPL... but such transfer requires SPL approval?

Buying an existing club would, again, require SPL/SFL approval... like Airdrie United... and who do they buy outside of perhaps East Stirlingshire way down in SFL3?

Every route has potential hurdles, certainly.

If someone wanted to franchise the Shire the SFA would do nothing about it.

Different in England, where I think the FA has (rightly) taken so much flak over the MK Dons thing that they would not allow another "franchise" to happen. I really don't think the SFA would be so squeamish, sadly.

However I doubt it will get to that stage and I am sure a way will be found for business as usual to continue.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

I've just posted my own note of caution on the main thread.

It seems that administration is a facility for football clubs to largely dodge responsibility for financial imprudence.

I'm no expert on the process, but it seems to me that Whyte has had this one up his sleeve for a while. Whether he is looking for personal gain is another question, but I suspect that Rangers as an entity will suffer a mere flesh wound regardless.

How will it pan out? It wouldn't surprise me if Whyte has someone in the wings who will swoop in and assume ownership of Rangers for a song, but this time, minus the crippling debts. Whyte will get his 'cut', and Rangers will still be in a position to operate at a financial level way beyond the rest of Scottish football, Celtic excepted.

It is sickening to contemplate, but they'll steer a way through this.

I cant help think this is what will happen. Rangers will go through a few years of stickiness and come out of it reasonably well. There will have been people in the club that have know for years that the shit was going to hit the fan eventually. They do this know, no trophies for five seasons, though with Celtic getting there shit together they'd probably have struggled to win anything anyway, then come out smelling of roses or whatever the Govan equivalent is.

With all the noises coming from politicians and the media about the 'Rangers institution' you've got to think that they will get help for 'the good of Scottish football'. sad.gif

I am sorry to say Rangers will survive. It is morally wrong but legally I am sure ways will be found to pull it off. It really sickens me when clubs cheat the opposition by buying players they cannot afford and the advantages that brings whilst the responsible clubs who do pay their way yoyo up and down. The SPL / SFA must set a more stringent financial system for running a club and anyone breaking it is booted out. However that will be too late for thoses down Ibrox way.

Great - a proper discussion, the first on here for many years!

I am a Rangers fan. I have NEVER wanted CW at my club. However ive changed my mind.

Interesting, in Sky Sports CW said administration "had been discussed" and was a distinct possibility long before he came along.

I think CW is basically a hired help. He is the bad guy, who simply came along to take the flack and do what Murray etc didnt have the balls to do.

I think CW will drag Rangers through this kicking and screaming but we will come out the other end, and then he will stick some cash in his back pocket and f**k off back to his castle - maybe then he will even be able to affort to fix the leaky roof!

Interesting to read the comments about wishing Rangers would die, i would NEVER wish that on any football club ever, including Celtic. Its our national game, any team going bust is terrible. There ar what, 8 out of 12 SPL teams with debts over 5 million, if the TV deal fell through and away gates went down without Rangers, how long would it be till the debt grew and banks called it in? Gers owe money to Hearts and im sure others? People will loose jobs (office staff etc). Its just fuckin idiots that wish this to happen.

Personally, i do not like CW, but i think he is doing the only thing Rangers can possibly do to survive!

I am a Rangers fan. I have NEVER wanted CW at my club. However ive changed my mind.

Interesting, in Sky Sports CW said administration "had been discussed" and was a distinct possibility long before he came along.

I think CW is basically a hired help. He is the bad guy, who simply came along to take the flack and do what Murray etc didnt have the balls to do.

I think CW will drag Rangers through this kicking and screaming but we will come out the other end, and then he will stick some cash in his back pocket and f**k off back to his castle - maybe then he will even be able to affort to fix the leaky roof!

Interesting to read the comments about wishing Rangers would die, i would NEVER wish that on any football club ever, including Celtic. Its our national game, any team going bust is terrible. There ar what, 8 out of 12 SPL teams with debts over 5 million, if the TV deal fell through and away gates went down without Rangers, how long would it be till the debt grew and banks called it in? Gers owe money to Hearts and im sure others? People will loose jobs (office staff etc). Its just fuckin idiots that wish this to happen.

Personally, i do not like CW, but i think he is doing the only thing Rangers can possibly do to survive!

Craig Whyte isn't at Bonnyrigg Rose.

From my own POV, I don't WANT Rangers to die - but the undeniable truth is that they deserve to, and would do, if they were an engineering firm, a restaurant chain, or any 'normal' business. That's what's sticking in our throats - the fact that if Rangers survive relatively unscathed (given the scale of their self-inflicted financial problems) then as a supporter of a rival club with a BOD who have more integrity in one toenail than Rangers have in their entire boardroom - we'd feel that we were being raped up the arse not once, but twice.

Rangers supporters should be ashamed at the custodians of their club, and completely ashamed at Whyte now being in charge of their club and trying to cheat the British taxpayer.

I'm willing to bet that every single one of us has every sympathy with shafted suppliers, and any ticket office staff, groundsmen, cleaners, cooks, and any Ibrox/Murray Park staff who work hard and may well find their hard work and loyalty rewarded with redundancy.

Edited by pozbaird

As a supporter of a Scottish football club who has run itself properly and paid its way, I care how it pans out - especially if a weasel like Whyte rides into town and manages to make 49 million pounds of our money disappear in a manner Carol Vorderman and Ocean Finance could only dream about.

Rangers have got away with murder for years. If you think Rangers will not come out of this relatively unscathed, you're having a laugh. I hope they get stung. Expect the worst, and be pleasantly surprised if it goes tits up. My advice, enjoy this while it lasts.

Mr Tee, the Rangers support think this is all a nice little adventure, and youse will be back to signing multimillion pound players with a more efficient set up. The Rangers support will never understand the prospect of their club going out of business. Even now they are thinking about what players they will be signing in the future. No-one hopes Rangers will die, what we hope is that your administration is as difficult as possible. Quite frankly, in between decades of tax dodging, bigotry and an arrogance unparrallelled in world football a lot of people have a belief that you deserve the predicament you are in. Swallow your long overdue humble pie and maybe you will get some sympathy.

Edited by HaikuHibee

From my own POV, I don't WANT Rangers to die - but the undeniable truth is that they deserve to, and would do, if they were an engineering firm, a restaurant chain, or any 'normal' business. That's what's sticking in our throats - the fact that if Rangers survive relatively unscathed (given the scale of their self-inflicted financial problems) then as a supporter of a rival club with a BOD who have more integrity in one toenail than Rangers have in their entire boardroom - we'd feel that we were being raped up the arse not once, but twice.

Rangers supporters should be ashamed at the custodians of their club, and completely ashamed at Whyte now being in charge of their club and trying to cheat the British taxpayer.

I'm willing to bet that every single one of us has every sympathy with shafted suppliers, and any ticket office staff, groundsmen, cleaners, cooks, and any Ibrox/Murray Park staff who work hard and may well find their hard work and loyalty rewarded with redundancy.

I agree with you, but David Murray and the board done this, not CW and certainly not the fans. If the club goes bust its only the fans that suffer, i doubt the officials who got us in this mess would give a flying f**k what happens. I have to say, Murray or whoever signed off these contracts should be charged and taken through criminal prodeedings.

CW is a c**t, i think we all agree. But in my honest opinion, hes doing the only possible thing he can to save the club from folding completely. Morally its shocking, but what else can he do?

Sadly nothing bad will happen, football clubs go in and out of administration all the time. Crystal Palace went into administration and came out the other side debt free owning Selhusrt Park. Anyone thinking "demise" for Rangers is deluded, it's not going to happen.

I agree with you, but David Murray and the board done this, not CW and certainly not the fans. If the club goes bust its only the fans that suffer, i doubt the officials who got us in this mess would give a flying f**k what happens. I have to say, Murray or whoever signed off these contracts should be charged and taken through criminal prodeedings.

CW is a c**t, i think we all agree. But in my honest opinion, hes doing the only possible thing he can to save the club from folding completely. Morally its shocking, but what else can he do?

I didn't hear anyone complain about David Murray's spending when Rangers were buying their way to nine-in-a-row and spunking £12m on over-rated drivel from the Premiership.

Rangers have got away with murder for years. If you think Rangers will not come out of this relatively unscathed, you're having a laugh. I hope they get stung. Expect the worst, and be pleasantly surprised if it goes tits up. My advice, enjoy this while it lasts.

Mr Tee, the Rangers support think this is all a nice little adventure, and youse will be back to signing multimillion pound players with a more efficient set up. The Rangers support will never understand the prospect of their club going out of business. Even now they are thinking about what players they will be signing in the future. No-one hopes Rangers will die, what we hope is that your administration is as difficult as possible. Quite frankly, in between decades of tax dodging, bigotry and an arrogance unparrallelled in world football a lot of people have a belief that you deserve the predicament you are in. Swallow your long overdue humble pie and maybe you will get some sympathy.

Deluded, nothing bad's going to happen, you're probably one of the Hibs fans that's been doing the "tick tock" Hearts shite for the last 8 years (while, sadly I hasten to add they are puffed out beating us). You need to grasp reality my friend.

I didn't hear anyone complain about David Murray's spending when Rangers were buying their way to nine-in-a-row and spunking £12m on over-rated drivel from the Premiership.

Yes your right, cos you often hear fans moaning about making big money exciting signings eh. Erse.

Simply put, Rangers fans like myself assumed wrongly that Murray would always stick about putting him money were his mouth is.

I bet if you ask Man City fans, they will be fucking appaled at signing players like David Silva and then worrying constantly about the future incase the money runs out..... Would they hell, they are football FANS not board members

Edited by Mr Tee

Yes your right, cos you often hear teams moaning about making big money exciting signings eh. Erse.

Simply put, Rangers fans like myself assumed wrongly that Murray would always stick about putting him money were his mouth is.

I bet if you ask Man City fans, they will be fucking appaled at signing players like David Silva and worrying constantly about the future incase the money runs out..... Would they hell, they are football FANS not board members

If you don't give a shit about the money you're spending then forgive me for having little sympathy when it eventually comes back to bite you on the arse.

Bear this in mind. The £75 million Whyte says HMRC are owed is enough to pay 400 nurse's wages for 10 years.

Liquidate them.

Interesting. How many squaddies could this tax bill pay? We all know how Rangers fans love their soldiers.

They will come out of it debt free and this will all be forgotten.

This I'm afraid. Look at Dundee this season. No one even mentions their administration.

Also the SPL are toothless. They'll deduct the 10 points and no more. If they don't sanction Celtic or Rangers for illicit chanting even when they are found guilty then there is no way they are going to rock the boat and lose one of their beloved big two. The majority of the other SPL chairman will be complicit in letting this happen. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't spun into the reason we need a 10 team league at some point.

Ideally they'd be liquidated and be forced to start again as Rangers 2012 outside the league.