Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

22 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

What the f**k are you doing back again posting the same braindead diddy tripe?

Well F*** me you can swim :huh:. Tripe is the worse dish you COULD ever eat but you lot have been gobbling it down big style. So please tell what you think of his tenure and why he is off then. :whistle

2 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

Thank goodness the public purse was swollen with VAT receipts and NI contributions by Rangers in the past to make the bailout of their current operations completely palatable.

If most of their crowd are season ticket holders, then they already have the bulk of the money from match revenue. So what massive shortfall is it that has them relying on us to bail them out. 

If most of their crowd are season ticket holders, then they already have the bulk of the money from match revenue. So what massive shortfall is it that has them relying on us to bail them out. 

Maybe I be missing something but would that be the “shortfall” that has them continual selling worthless shares and rely on “soft loans”?

On 07/04/2020 at 00:35, PELE said:

If the league is officially concluded, season ticket holders can legally claim the cost of the remaining matches back.  This goes for everyone, not just Rangers.

3 hours ago, dipsy said:

If the league is officially concluded, season ticket holders can legally claim the cost of the remaining matches back.  This goes for everyone, not just Rangers.

I'm no law-talkin' guy, but I would expect that to depend upon the terms and conditions in each case.

14 minutes ago, sugna said:

I'm no law-talkin' guy, but I would expect that to depend upon the terms and conditions in each case.

Right, but the terms and conditions are all part of the Law of Contract. I had to deal with a season ticket matter some years ago, and said law left the club without a leg to stand on. The whole season ticket thing has run on for about 100 years with no major problems, so nobody really bothers, but a season ticket is a legally binding contract between the purchaser and the club. If the club cannot fulfil it's obligations, for whatever reason, it is a breach of contract (honestly)  and the purchaser is entitled to ask for a settlement, if there is no fault on their part.  I am well aware that the present situation is not the club's fault either, but they did take the money and guaranteed the product in return. They cannot do this, so the purchaser is entitled to a refund for the part of the contract which cannot be fulfilled.  All horribly legal sounding, but if you check the Law of Contract, you will get quite a surprise on a few things you thought were straightforward.

8 minutes ago, dipsy said:

Right, but the terms and conditions are all part of the Law of Contract. I had to deal with a season ticket matter some years ago, and said law left the club without a leg to stand on. The whole season ticket thing has run on for about 100 years with no major problems, so nobody really bothers, but a season ticket is a legally binding contract between the purchaser and the club. If the club cannot fulfil it's obligations, for whatever reason, it is a breach of contract (honestly)  and the purchaser is entitled to ask for a settlement, if there is no fault on their part.  I am well aware that the present situation is not the club's fault either, but they did take the money and guaranteed the product in return. They cannot do this, so the purchaser is entitled to a refund for the part of the contract which cannot be fulfilled.  All horribly legal sounding, but if you check the Law of Contract, you will get quite a surprise on a few things you thought were straightforward.

38 minutes ago, sugna said:

I am guessing there might be a bit of a fudge in the wording due to there being no definite number of home games.

I remember us calling out the spl, because the way the league split the fixtures left is with 17/18 home games instead of 19.

Give us the prize money now but the games must be played as, eh, mmm, it would be abhorrent to eh, relegate anyone not having played all the matches. Aye right, as flimsy Sevco statements go this one is so see through it might as well have been written on cling film. We need the prize money to survive but are you hell giving the other cheek the title just about sums this one up.

5 hours ago, dipsy said:

Anyone who claims money back from their team for any missed games during a pandemic needs a lifetime ban from their clubs stadium.

On 16/02/2020 at 01:15, Booker_d said:

He does make a couple of fair points. He was found innocent in a court of law. Secondly, if he was lying then why would the uberest of staunch Donald Findlay defend him? 

Money !

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Anyone who claims money back from their team for any missed games during a pandemic needs a lifetime ban from their clubs stadium.

I don't think there would be many season ticket holders for any team that would actually try and claim back season ticket money because of this situation.  Even if the clubs offered, I'm sure most wouldn't accept. But stranger things have happened. 

On 07/04/2020 at 05:22, Raidernation said:

Maybe I be missing something but would that be the “shortfall” that has them continual selling worthless shares and rely on “soft loans”?

It was a bit tongue in cheek.

They are always going to have this shortfall until they wake up to reality. Their model is not sustainable and it is comical how they try to pretend that it is. Instead of buying more worthless shares, they would be better asking the gullable hoardes to buying Euro Lottery tickets on their behalf every week. Then if they win, it might delay them entering administration for another season.

20 minutes ago, PELE said:

It was a bit tongue in cheek.

They are always going to have this shortfall until they wake up to reality. Their model is not sustainable and it is comical how they try to pretend that it is. Instead of buying more worthless shares, they would be better asking the gullable hoardes to buying Euro Lottery tickets on their behalf every week. Then if they win, it might delay them entering administration for another season.

Good post, M8.  Absolutely nothing that you said has been posted at least 1,000 times before.  You must be so fucking proud of your originality.

41 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Good post, M8.  Absolutely nothing that you said has been posted at least 1,000 times before.  You must be so fucking proud of your originality.

Glad you liked it. Shame they still don't get the message. Nothing original, nothing new, nothing that doesn't make sense, but they continue with the same old failed model. Surely you must get tired of it all. They can't keep overspending. They are fast running out of ideas to keep the act going