Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I wouldn't buy that man's book.  

It's easy midst the hilarity of Rangers' fate, to forget what a genuine first class shit of a man Whyte is.  A truly vile individual.

I'm longing for a reputable figure to write a definitive version of it all.  I don't know if that will ever happen.

http:// https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/craig-whyte-insists-rangers-are-a-new-club-as-he-slams-sir-david-murray-hits-out-at-ebt-scheme-and-makes-celtic-claim-1-5091237

Whyte also insisted that Rangers are a new club. In response to the question, "One emotionally very, very divisive issue which, to this day, divides Scottish football - are Rangers a new club? What's your view?" he replied: "Yes, obviously they are."

That should cause a few cranial detachments.

16 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

You’re basically reading a long, drawn out daily record article.

It’ll be an absolute load of shite with a grain of truth hidden in it somewhere.

He does make a couple of fair points. He was found innocent in a court of law. Secondly, if he was lying then why would the uberest of staunch Donald Findlay defend him? 

As the last few comments have highlighted, Whyte is the pantomime villain in the court of public opinion. Obviously various stories are embellished but the book is also chock full of undeniable facts.  

If people would rather believe the Daily Record or Tam Cowan then fair enough. 

Even the thought of picking up a book about Deadco & a shyster like Whyte gives me the dry boak. The thought of actually paying for a copy? I’d rather extract my pubic hairs individually with a pair of rusty tweezers.

That's what a library is for.

Then you can go to W in the fiction section, but mind now, they frown on any noise, especially laughter.

3 minutes ago, kiddy said:

That's what a library is for.

Then you can go to W in the fiction section, but mind now, they frown on any noise, especially laughter.

Disagree. I’ve been in many libraries, but have never seen anyone extracting their pubic hairs one by one. I was planning to use the bathroom, but thanks for your left-field suggestion.

On 15/02/2020 at 12:02, Monkey Tennis said:

It's easy midst the hilarity of Rangers' fate, to forget what a genuine first class shit of a man Whyte is.  A truly vile individual.

I'm longing for a reputable figure to write a definitive version of it all.  I don't know if that will ever happen.

Yeah but the lols man the lols.   

Imagine reading it a work at lunch time. Or giving it to some one as a Christmas present. 

Guys like Whyte are in it to make money for themselves (I think he said as much in that BBC OTB interview?).  The idea though that he was solely responsible for the tsunami heading towards Ibrox needs to be weighed against an owner (the sainted Sir David) who couldn't get rid of it quick enough, indeed for a pound!

On 16/02/2020 at 14:37, sportsterx said:

I loved Gordon Smith yesterday when he urged Whyte to give profits from the book to charity , to prove he wasn't just doing it for the money....hello!...did he miss whytes tenure at Rangers?😂

By charity, does he mean The Rangers?

6 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Guys like Whyte are in it to make money for themselves (I think he said as much in that BBC OTB interview?).  The idea though that he was solely responsible for the tsunami heading towards Ibrox needs to be weighed against an owner (the sainted Sir David) who couldn't get rid of it quick enough, indeed for a pound!

The **** need to hold on to the fantasy that everything was just fine with their record-winning title club until Craig Whyte came along.

On 15/02/2020 at 13:02, Monkey Tennis said:

Presumably it would have to be an Ibrox insider, so it will never happen.

Saw this today. The horde won't like it but no surprise.

Q: As you reflect, is there something you would change?

CW: Yes, for sure. The main thing I would've changed, if I were to go back to 2011 and do the deal again, I'd put it [the club] into administration on the first day.

Q: One emotionally very, very divisive issue, which to this day divides Scottish football, and that is are Rangers a new club? What's your view?

CW: Yes, obviously they are.

Edited by cyderspaceman
typo