Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

How can they be spending like this again when they are in serious debt?

According to rugger guy, Dave kings been smuggling Krugerrands out of South Africa....

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

How can they be spending like this again when they are in serious debt?

On 17/12/2018 at 09:14, Gaz FFC said:

Fully expect Sevco to throw the kitchen sink at stopping Celtic winning 9 and 10.

Where this money will come from is of course anyones guess but I can see the debt being through the roof by summer 2020.

The fun part is what happens next ...

Whether Sevco stop Celtic or not the bill for trying needs paid and if the plan is to use Champions league money to balance the books then King is in for a fright.

Qualifying for the tournament is harder than ever and I can't see Sevco making the necessary millions from it even if they managed.

I think my post will help you

19 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Basically cheating again to stop Celtic 

Yeah but they won't see it like that.

Hearts won 2 Scottish cups with the same trick

In Scottish football when you cheat like f**k to win stuff it's not seen as cheating.

Overspending isn't cheating.

Deliberately withholding accurate contract details when registering players to compete, because you know you're paying them in a way dodgy enough to potentially land the club with a tax bill much too large to ever be paid however, is.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Deliberately withholding accurate contract details when registering players to compete, because you know you're paying them in a way dodgy enough to potentially land the club with a tax bill much too large to ever be paid however, is.

Not so sure, Monkey.  UEFA's FFP rules are aimed at discouraging exactly that.

Perhaps it's not cheating though if you're willing to accept the consequences of failing to capitalise on your overspending.  I'm sure Rangers would be willing to accept those consequences.  Wouldn't they?

59 minutes ago, The DA said:

Not so sure, Monkey.  UEFA's FFP rules are aimed at discouraging exactly that.

Perhaps it's not cheating though if you're willing to accept the consequences of failing to capitalise on your overspending.  I'm sure Rangers would be willing to accept those consequences.  Wouldn't they?

It's not exactly ethical when it reaches Dundee/Hearts/Livingston/Motherwell/Gretna/Dunfermline etc etc proportions.

What Rangers did was different again though, in terms of morality, in terms of scale and in terms of breaching football rules.

On 05/01/2019 at 09:02, Monkey Tennis said:

If you pay that cash back and the club returns to profit then it's fine.

I'd you do what Hearts and Rangers did then it quite clearly is cheating.

In any other walk of life if you couldn't afford something you'd have it repossessed.

Both clubs above seem to think they walk into a Ferrari garage and take a car they can't afford and then keep the bloody thing when the shitstorm comes.

5 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

In any other walk of life if you couldn't afford something you'd have it repossessed.

Both clubs above seem to think they walk into a Ferrari garage and take a car they can't afford and then keep the bloody thing when the shitstorm comes.

In Scottish football terms surely we're talking about a Lexus Hybrid?

11 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Genuine question:

Do you see no distinction between the actions of Hearts and Rangers?

3 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Of course I do but I don't see a relevance to my point.

I've some sympathy with your point, which is why I described certain clubs' conduct as unethical.  Cheating involves breaking rules, rather than just their spirit though.

Rangers did both, which in my view makes them more fitting of the description 'cheats' than the others. 

I suppose it's a question of degree to some extent.