Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Interesting wee nugget in there, one I haven’t heard before

The money for the shares purchased by the four men came from offshore trusts which were in the name of Mr King’s family.

I thought the 3 bears had bought shares and paid with their own money?

2 hours ago, orfc said:

Dave loses another court case

https://www.scotsman.com/news/rangers-owner-dave-king-fails-to-block-contempt-of-court-bid-1-4829878

Pay up for the other shares Dave

There are only two reasons why King would fight so hard to avoid the offer for the remaining shares.

He doesn't have the cash, or he doesn't think the shares are worth anything like £11 million.

Either way, it's extremely bad news for Rangers. 

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

There are only two reasons why King would fight so hard to avoid the offer for the remaining shares.

He doesn't have the cash, or he doesn't think the shares are worth anything like £11 million.

Either way, it's extremely bad news for Rangers. 

You're a right cheery b*****d, Gordon.  Have you started wearing your Xmas jumper already?

The implications for Rangers here are almost non-existent.

8 hours ago, Snafu said:

There was a site which revealed the clubs in the top leagues in the UK who are most dependent on their support forking out rather than living of merchandise/tv money/ sponsorship and guess who came out top.

Until Rangers get their merchandise back from Ashley its going to be tough going and by the look of what's happening to that fat bag of p***k's finances that might not be too far off.

I read that table as saying that Rangers didn't rely on other funding to pay their team's wage bill.  They made enough from tickets and anything they got from TV , prize money and merchandise was disposable income.  Other teams weren't so lucky.

The only reason I'm defending this is because United came second.

There are only two reasons why King would fight so hard to avoid the offer for the remaining shares. He doesn't have the cash, or he doesn't think the shares are worth anything like £11 million.

Your second reason could be right. Ranger's shares are worth nothing as an investment.

I think the main reason, however, is simply he's an arrogant c*nt who has always done as he pleases and has no respect for the law. It's an ego thing.

He's stringing this out in the hope (belief?) that it will go away. I think he is very much mistaken.

As with the Sports Direct legal cases, none of this benefits Rangers - everything is just to suit King as an individual. Certainly re SD, his actions are harming Rangers financially - legal costs, executive time and, in particular, depressing the flow of cash from shirt etc sales into the club.

ETA I'd be surprised in Rangers weren't footing the bill for the legal costs in the takeover panel court hearings.

1 hour ago, printer said:

I think the main reason, however, is simply he's an arrogant c*nt who has always done as he pleases and has no respect the law. It's an ego thing.

Ah true, I often make the mistake of assuming people are rational actors.

You're a right cheery b*****d, Gordon.  Have you started wearing your Xmas jumper already?
The implications for Rangers here are almost non-existent.
Wouldn't be too sure on that.
It depends on funding position of NOAL that king has say over.
If they don't have £11m for the offer (and offer completely taken up) and enough left after to cover the season shortfalls as mentioned in the accounts, then I think there could be issues down the line.

But that's a fairly sizable if there

If The Rangers die again, will they be allowed to re-join League 2 (again) or now that we have a pyramid be forced into either East of Scotland/South of Scotland leagues and work up from there into the Lowland etc? 

Could be wrong but I think now the club / company are definitely separate they can punish the club with points deduction if the company is liquidated but another company can just take over the club.

That’s what happened with Leeds was it not?