Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Their fans seem to be suggesting the £18m loss is fine because the Europa League Group qualification has written it off. Assume they've got confused with the Champions League, as they've earned around £2m from their entire European campaign so far.
Assuming European money into basic budgets. Worked out fine the last time; even after making a final!
£39m to run an SPFL club, that sits 4th, 8 pts behind the leaders & only 3 pts off 8th.
Ooft!

9 hours ago, sjc said:

I've seen some Rangers* fans on twitter saying that it's ok as it's not debt, it's loans. I'm certain that I heard some Hearts fans say just that under Romanov, and that worked out fine...... 

I don't even know where to start.  It's probably that kind of moronism from the old board that made their club cease to be.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Their fans seem to be suggesting the £18m loss is fine because the Europa League Group qualification has written it off. Assume they've got confused with the Champions League, as they've earned around £2m from their entire European campaign so far.

Not sure where you get the £2m figure from. I'd expect it to be around 5x that total, if they go out in the groups.

Prize money from getting through the qualifiers was around 1m EUR, prize money for qualifying for the groups is around 3m EUR, TV money will be in the same region, and they have probably raised in the region of £5m to £6m from gate receipts from all their home matches.

They've also already picked up around 800k in prize money for their win and 2 draws in the group.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2562034.html

ETA:

Even at that, they will still make substantial losses next year again. Reality is they need to win the Europa League or win the league and qualify for the Champions League to cover their outgoings, unless the "Investors" remain willing to write off large amounts of cash.

Edited by Ross.