Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

3 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

so,are the current incumbents claiming it has nothing to do with the current club playing in govan.the club with zero titles.or are they only the same club when its historic titles involved.

I was thinking something similar so here’s how I read it.

I distinctly remember David Murray saying in court that it was the club, not the company, that indemnified the player’s EBT’s.

According to the outfit from Govan, it was the company that died, not the club.

They claim that the club are the same.

Many players had EBT’s and are now having to pay them back.

So does that mean that the current club, yes the current and same club as stated billions of time by Rangers fans are now liable for the repayment of their players taxes?

Kind of painted themselves into a corner on this one haven’t they?

Or will they refer the liability to the old company like they did with that Neely victim a few months back?

Can’t have your cake and eat it although I imagine they think they can.

Are we about to see a return of a BTC?

As far as I know, the recipients of the EBTs will be liable to pay the tax and possibly NI under the 2019 Loan Charge disguised remuneration legislation. The employer, dead or alive, will not be liable.

More info here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/hmrc-issue-briefing-disguised-remuneration-charge-on-loans/hmrc-issue-briefing-disguised-remuneration-charge-on-loans

4 hours ago, tehvlb said:

imagine getting paid 2.5 mil and having to give 1.1 mil of it to the government.....

that would trigger me for sure

I'd be rather thrilled to have £1.4m personally, coupled with the thought that I was making a worthwhile contribution to the society I'd done so well out of.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd be rather thrilled to have £1.4m personally, coupled with the thought that I was making a worthwhile contribution to the society I'd done so well out of.

With £1.4M, you could easily make 6% or 7% after charges, take 4% or 5% of that, reinvesting the 2% difference to maintain the value of your pot, and you'd have an index-linked salary of between 56K - 70K for the rest of your life - and still have the equivalent of 1.4M to pass on to your dependants when you snuff it.

I'd happily settle for that.  But then, I'm not a selfish c**t like Ferguson.

14 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

i can see your point but i would still be cheesed.

plus i wouldnt trust £1.40p of my money in the hands of the tories let alone 1.4 mil

On 8/28/2018 at 19:22, Jimboyjones1976 said:

I was thinking something similar so here’s how I read it.

I distinctly remember David Murray saying in court that it was the club, not the company, that indemnified the player’s EBT’s.

According to the outfit from Govan, it was the company that died, not the club.

They claim that the club are the same.

Many players had EBT’s and are now having to pay them back.

So does that mean that the current club, yes the current and same club as stated billions of time by Rangers fans are now liable for the repayment of their players taxes?

Kind of painted themselves into a corner on this one haven’t they?

Or will they refer the liability to the old company like they did with that Neely victim a few months back?

Can’t have your cake and eat it although I imagine they think they can.

Are we about to see a return of a BTC?

The players were paid by the company that existed at the time. Any guarantees to the players (if they existed) were from the company. That company is no more.

Much as some would like it the current company has no relationship (legally) with the old company.

So in essence despite what Murray or anyone else promised in the past, the players are on their own. 

Can see the domino effect  into bankruptcy will be kicking off soon. 

The players were paid by the company that existed at the time. Any guarantees to the players (if they existed) were from the company. That company is no more.
Much as some would like it the current company has no relationship (legally) with the old company.
So in essence despite what Murray or anyone else promised in the past, the players are on their own. 
Can see the domino effect  into bankruptcy will be kicking off soon. 
What a complete rasper[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]