Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just now, williemillersmoustache said:

I find it interesting that Rangers fan Graham Spiers is the one pointing this out on twitter. I'd have thought that they'd all be under strict sweeping duties.

I find it interesting that Rangers fan Graham Spiers is the one pointing this out on twitter. I'd have thought that they'd all be under strict sweeping duties.

Isn't it though? It has always been refreshing to know that at least one of their own could see through the bluster and feel a modicum of shame and embarrassment.

The more bears try to disown him, the more obvious it is that he's spot on.

46 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Lies and pish. Typical rewriting of history from a coward bigot.

Get it up ye cunto

Concise and accurate.

As an aside, I spent several enjoyable minutes yesterday, reading the Luxembourg fiasco thread on RM.  

"Pedro must go!"  Instant success is obligatory.   Total fuds.  :lol: 

A new Club starting in the bottom tier was not a punishment.

That new Club were blessed and the luckiest Club alive to be given an opportunity to play in the Senior Leagues. 

Where is the thanks from their deluded bigot fans ? 

While everyone is justifiably pissed off that the **** are going to be most likely let off and allowed to keep their tainted cheated titles I'd thought I'd inject bit of humour for goading these c***s.

After toting up the amount taken by directors and management and other staff not in the playing squad I reached an amount just short of £10.75 million and subtracted that from the proposed £47 million and was left with £36.25 million. The top tax barrier at the time was at 40% for top earnings so the amount these c***s tried to avoid paying players in tax came to £14.5 million, we now divide this by tens years and reach a sum of £1.45 million a year and then divide that by 52 weeks and we then end with is a paltry £27,887 a week the tramps tried to avoid paying tax in.

Less than £28,000 a week killed of Rangers FC , the weekly wage equivalent to a shite player in their squad every week. :lol: How can such a massive club with all the financial resources at their disposal end up killing themselves just to save under £28 grand a week? Fucking tramps. :lol:

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's ludicrous.

Fans of SPL clubs wanted Rangers banished to the depths and they got that because most boards of SFL clubs didn't bow to the pressure from greedy SPL chairmen.

Ignoring the distinction in this between clubs who can push through CVAs and those that get liquidated is just stupid and nakedly self serving.

Have to disagree, MT. Fans of ten out of the eleven surviving SPL clubs, and I'm fairly sure a large majority of "lesser" clubs, overwhelmingly wanted the bastárds gone. And without them, to enjoy the slow atrophy of their Business Partners. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Lies and pish. Typical rewriting of history from a coward bigot.

Get it up ye cunto

Absolutely everything in the post was factually accurate. 

Only rewriting of history is from Moon Howlers like yourself.

It is Moon Howlers like yourself that are trying to rewrite history.

54 Titles and still going strong.

How is life in the lower leagues? That aint changing anytime soon for you. Karma cunto

Some quite rude replies to this, Bob. Borderline moon-howling and rather impolite.

I think that some of your points are probably where pro- and anti-Rangers disagree on the facts rather than their interpretation. I respect your interpretation, but have added comments where I think the facts are perhaps not as stated or where there's possibly a more obvious Occam's Razor interpretation.

2 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Like when the club were voted out the top flight?

This didn't happen, and is the easiest of these points to clear up.

Rangers lost their SFA and SPL registrations when they went into admin (as I understand it). In early July 2012, Sevco [sic] applied for the vacant place in the SPL, but were not accepted. This was a vote of the SPL clubs, nothing to do with any governing bodies (I mean it was none of SFA, SPL or SFL).

Like withholding Rangers license to play so the club could play no pre season friendliest.

In late July 2012, shareholders of Sevco voted to change its name to "Rangers". The 5-way agreement allowed SFA transfer of Rangers' Membership to Sevco-cum-Rangers. This was dependent upon "Completion" (of a couple of things).

Absent this provision, i.e. without the SFA et al. making special arrangements, Sevco(-cum-Rangers) would not necessarily have had a licence in time for the season or in any other finite time-frame. So the SFA(togeher with SPL, SFL, Rangesr and Sevco) actually took specific action to allow Sevco to play in the SFL in season 2012-13.

The SPL clubs wanted Rangers in the second tier for their own self interest.

Not sure there's any evidence that this was the case. All we know is that the SPL clubs voted against the transfer of Rangers' SPL share to Sevco.

At the end of the day the correct decision was reached. Other clubs that walked away from their debt were not punished in the same way which is shameful but I can live with that. I would hope in the future any club who runs up exorbitant debt then simply walks away from it receives the same punishment as Rangers but I doubt it very much 

On the facts, there was no actual "punishment"; there was only a fairly diluted set of consequences or penalties that applied both to the administration events and to the findings of the breaches of SFA rules. It is difficult to separate these entirely, except to say that the LNS comments were generally about the breaches of rules (which were considered very serious); while the admin events were fairly routine and led to Rangers being in liquidation and hence losing their SFA/SPL registrations.

If this happened to another club, outside of Celtic and Rangers, I would expect the liquidation and registration parts to be exactly the same as for Rangers; but I would be surprised if the governing bodies tried so hard to ensure that a new club could replace the old one with things like immediate entry into senior football or the possibility of Championship or Premiership direct entry, complete with quite zealous ("Armageddon!") lobbying.

I can't see a single thing that plausibly was done against Sevco, and I don't think the things that were done "against" Rangers were anything other than consequences.

The terms Sevco and Rangers are used for clarity and historical accuracy, above. They are not intended to convey any other meaning.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's ludicrous.

Fans of SPL clubs wanted Rangers banished to the depths and they got that because most boards of SFL clubs didn't bow to the pressure from greedy SPL chairmen.

Ignoring the distinction in this between clubs who can push through CVAs and those that get liquidated is just stupid and nakedly self serving.

Ludicrous? You are agreeing with me ya crackpot. The SPL fans did not influence their own clubs in any way. The SPL clubs voted for Rangers to be put into the second tier and then tried to strongarm the SFL into meekly accepting this.

It was the SFL clubs bar one who voted for Rangers to be admitted into the league at the bottom tier and Rangers thanked them and got on with it.

If the clubs had been listening to the fans there would have been a 16 team top division.

So pushing through a CVA at 0p in the pound is acceptable?

You don't think punishments should be far more severe? How many times are Dundee , for example, going to be allowed to merely write off the debt and carry on with fairly mild punishments. There has to be a real deterrent. 

2 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Helping hand? Like when the SFA went against a UEFA directive and closed a transfer window early so we missed out on signing players.

Like when the club were voted out the top flight?

The other clubs benefited financially to the TV deal that was only in place if Rangers were involved. Rangers received next to nothing.

Like withholding Rangers license to play so the club could play no pre season friendliest.

I am glad my club were punished the way they were as we , the support, can look back and say we did it on our own. We asked for nothing and we got nothing. 

It is utterly laughable supporters of the other clubs think they influenced this in any way. 

The SPL clubs wanted Rangers in the second tier for their own self interest. Did the SPL fans want that?

The SFL fans wanted a 16 team top division. Did they get that?

The TV companies are the people who were pulling the strings. They made it absolutely crystal clear that Rangers , in whatever form, had to be included in the deal.

At the end of the day the correct decision was reached. Other clubs that walked away from their debt were not punished in the same way which is shameful but I can live with that. I would hope in the future any club who runs up exorbitant debt then simply walks away from it receives the same punishment as Rangers but I doubt it very much 

7 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Absolutely everything in the post was factually accurate. 

Only rewriting of history is from Moon Howlers like yourself.

The bolded bits are easy enough to deal with.

Rangers weren't voted out. When the vote happened, Rangers were still holding the license. The vote was on whether or not newco could join straight into the top league. Newco were not voted in. Oldco gave up their license to Dundee.

They were granted a temporary license in order to take part in the Seaside Leagues Cup. They could also play all the closed door friendlies under the sun.

If the supporters had no influence, why didn't the clubs get their own way with the second tier thing?

The parts regarding a TV deal are supposition and opinion. There would have been a TV deal irrespective of Rangers being involved. No one can say what the value of it would have been. The TV companies were looking for the best deal they could get, and obviously anything involving the second biggest supported team in Scotland would be their preference. Had Rangers not been gifted a place in the bottom league though, there would still have been a deal on the table. The TV companies would have risked losing far more than they would gain otherwise.

You are correct, you are confusing me here.  Can you provide an example where you can use EBTs illegally but not for an illegal purpose, specifically in relation to tax would probably help with my confusion.

sure. if you put proceeds of crime into one in a false name.

Some quite rude replies to this, Bob. Borderline moon-howling and rather impolite.
I think that some of your points are probably where pro- and anti-Rangers disagree on the facts rather than their interpretation. I respect your interpretation, but have added comments where I think the facts are perhaps not as stated or where there's possibly a more obvious Occam's Razor interpretation.
The terms Sevco and Rangers are used for clarity and historical accuracy, above. They are not intended to convey any other meaning.

Bravo. A great post with one critical flaw.

If you could perhaps consider your audience a bit more closely and release this in a waterproof and chewable pop-up book format, you might get somewhere.

10 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Bravo. A great post with one critical flaw.

If you could perhaps consider your audience a bit more closely and release this in a waterproof and chewable pop-up book format, you might get somewhere.

f**k Off. 

Ya Moon Howler.