Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

7 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It wasn't decided by LNS, those were the parameters of the tribunal set down by the SFA. Hence the discount option scheme was deliberately excluded, otherwise we'll have seen the separate breach of being caught giving false statements to HMRC.

Some of these fucking Lanarkshire fans btw.

To the big teamers forum with you. You're not needed in this debate.

If you read the Supreme Court decision you will see that they accept the ruling of the FTT that rangers won for the status of side letters/contracts. So the facts about them hasn't changed since the first court verdict.

So whatever rulings were based on the FTT understanding of EBTs is still valid.

AS you said before Rangers admitted several million pounds of improper EBT use. If they weren't punished for that before, why would they be now?

5 hours ago, Sting777 said:

The fans and the clubs must demand justice. This must not be swept under the carpet. Heads must roll and titles and cup wins removed from the records!

Justice has been done and seen to be done.  Nothing has happened today that wasn't factored in to the fair and balanced LNS enquiry that pretty-much everyone thought was an excellent idea at the time.  That enquiry found us guilty and exacted an appropriate punishment.

What are folk expecting?  That we should be found guiltier?

If you read the Supreme Court decision you will see that they accept the ruling of the FTT that rangers won for the status of side letters/contracts. So the facts about them hasn't changed since the first court verdict.
So whatever rulings were based on the FTT understanding of EBTs is still valid.

AS you said before Rangers admitted several million pounds of improper EBT use. If they weren't punished for that before, why would they be now?

You say it was a whitewash and yet we need to respect the judgement. f**k. Off.

You're fooling nobody.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Justice has been done and seen to be done.  Nothing has happened today that wasn't factored in to the fair and balanced LNS enquiry that pretty-much everyone thought was an excellent idea at the time.  That enquiry found us guilty and exacted an appropriate punishment.

What are folk expecting?  That we should be found guiltier?

Wibble. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You're fooling nobody.

Wullie mate, you've made a complete kunt of yourself today. It's cheered me up a fair bit so cheers for that.

Anyway (retrospectively) improper use of an avoidance scheme will result in BDO getting a bill from HMRC, of which HMRC will receive a portion of around £40m and that's that.

No cheating, no evasion, no title stripping, just life going on as normal.

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You're fooling nobody.

I said the LNS report was a whitewash, not the decisions of the courts.

You can respect the court rulings and still think the SFA failed to follow their own rules. LNS came to the neatest solution, otherwise there would be a whole house of cards falling down around the SFA. Titles, cups, European Coefficient would all have been up in the air. Potentially legal action from clubs in Scotland and Europe. I don't think LNS wanted to open those cans of worms and opted to find a way to avoid it whether or not it was correct.

Just now, bennett said:

Wullie mate, you've made a complete kunt of yourself today. It's cheered me up a fair bit so cheers for that.

Anyway (retrospectively) improper use of an avoidance scheme will result in BDO getting a bill from HMRC, of which HMRC will receive a portion of around £40m and that's that.

Cheatig c**t.

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

With you being a snivelling little coward as usual. All you're good for is jumping on other peoples arguments because you're a shitebag who runs and hides when his own opinions are pulled up as being idiotic.

No offence, fatso.

Edited by Bobby Skidmarks

1 minute ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

With you being a snivelling little coward as usual. All you're good for is jumping on other peoples arguments because you're a shitebag who runs and hides when his own opinions are pulled up as being idiotic.

No offence, fatso.

Lovely...

I said the LNS report was a whitewash, not the decisions of the courts.
You can respect the court rulings and still think the SFA failed to follow their own rules. LNS came to the neatest solution, otherwise there would be a whole house of cards falling down around the SFA. Titles, cups, European Coefficient would all have been up in the air. Potentially legal action from clubs in Scotland and Europe. I don't think LNS wanted to open those cans of worms and opted to find a way to avoid it whether or not it was correct.

Yes it is an interesting position to take the purpose of a judge lead enquiry is to find "the neatest solution" and not, establish fact and apportion blame/culpability.

Interesting, but shite.

I think your concern about "the house of cards" is also very telling. These are the weasel words of someone miles out of their depth and pining for their big club.

And Bennet, bitch please, crawl back under your rock and wait for your season to start again in a month :)

6 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Yes it is an interesting position to take the purpose of a judge lead enquiry is to find "the neatest solution" and not, establish fact and apportion blame/culpability.

Interesting, but shite.

I think your concern about "the house of cards" is also very telling. These are the weasel words of someone miles out of their depth and pining for their big club.

And Bennet, bitch please, crawl back under your rock and wait for your season to start again in a month :)

I'm not concerned about a house of cards, it would be interesting as hell watching it all unfold.

I'm not miles out my depth. Have you even read the supreme court decision?

37 minutes ago, mart1 said:

They might want to step back from the same club patter now. . . emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

HMRC will receive a substantial payment from BDO, pretty straightforward really. 

Just now, williemillersmoustache said:

You're flipping between LNS and SC like a weasel. Or like a desperate bear would.

Shameful.

What? With this final ruling by the Supreme Court the question arises

Should Rangers face further punishment from the football authorities?

I am arguing no because this ruling has no material change in fact that were considered under the previous investigation by the SFA, the Lord Nimmo Smith Report. If there had been a change in circumstance like ruling the EBTs a tax evasion scheme then it would have been right to re-open possible sanctions by the SFA.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

HMRC will receive a substantial payment from BDO, pretty straightforward really. 

Will they? From the Chucky Green takeover there were documents that showed how much money would be left in the pot for creditors, it was almost zero. With further years of BDO fighting this court case there can't be much left once professional fees are paid.