Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

After reading the decision I don't see any further action coming against Dead Rangers or David Murray

In this appeal, there is no suggestion that any part of the transaction, which
comprised the tax avoidance scheme, was a sham.

That was really the big win for Rangers as far as keeping honours is concerned. The whole EBT scheme was legitimate, it just didn't avoid tax.

And since there were no rules about non payment of tax until very recently, it doesn't seem like they broke any football rules by being found in arrears of PAYE.

2 hours ago, Sting777 said:

The fans and the clubs must demand justice. This must not be swept under the carpet. Heads must roll and titles and cup wins removed from the records!

Yes, it is up to the clubs to make a formal complaint to the football authorities but I can't see that happening. All the clubs have to speak up for their own fans. We spent our wages over the years watching the farce.

It's like Dave King must be related to Kim Yong-un and we must live in North Korea the way all the clubs are shit scared to criticise Rangers. 

14 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

That is a convenient rager argument.

If it was so obvious that Rangers owed PAYE on EBTs why did it take HMRC 3 tries to successfully argue that in court?

Fair point but no need to spoil the party.

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It only took them 2 and they admitted guilt/liability for some of it at stage 1.

3, they lost the FTT then the UTT. Finally winning on the third attempt.

And yes Rangers admitted substantial amounts of liability for some of the EBT payments at an earlier stage as HMRC showed they were an improper use of EBTs. Yet HMRC never pursued those admissions as tax evasion.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

3, they lost the FTT then the UTT. Finally winning on the third attempt.

And yes Rangers admitted substantial amounts of liability for some of the EBT payments at an earlier stage as HMRC showed they were an improper use of EBTs. Yet HMRC never pursued those admissions as tax evasion.

Aye OK 3, forgot about the FTT/UTT. But the admissions of guilt for "parts" should have been plenty for the SFA to throw the cheating c***s into the sea.

If it was my Club cheating on that scale, I would fecking disown them.

Has even one of the Sevconians ever said sorry ?

I am fuming when one of my own players dives to win a free kick or penalty.

Edited by shull

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Aye OK 3, forgot about the FTT/UTT. But the admissions of guilt for "parts" should have been plenty for the SFA to throw the cheating c***s into the sea.

Why is a an unpaid bill a matter for the SFA? Were Rangers not in administration HMRC would have been able to get a winding up order against Rangers for the unpaid tax bill.

8 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Why is a an unpaid bill a matter for the SFA? Were Rangers not in administration HMRC would have been able to get a winding up order against Rangers for the unpaid tax bill.

Because they admitted they were taxable and therefore should have been declared at registration to the SFA and therefore they are cheating c***s and can get in the sea.

Not sure I follow you here? 

19 minutes ago, shull said:

If it was my Club cheating on that scale, I would fecking disown them.

Has even one of the Sevconians ever said sorry ?

I am fuming when one of my own players dives to win a free kick or penalty.

If St Mirren was my club, I'd disown them too. :)

Nothing will happen.
Legal & moral are two different arguments and the Fucking arsehiles that run the game we love in Scotland certainly will never take the moral path- rather, they will slimeball their pathetic arses on the legality of it all. Some organisation! Sport is built on the basis of fair play. If the cards are stacked, what's the point! I'm finished with Scottish football. It's a sham of a sham.

3 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Because they admitted they were taxable and therefore should have been declared at registration to the SFA and therefore they are cheating c***s and can get in the sea.

Not sure I follow you here? 

But that was decided by LNS who said the side letters were contracts but failure to submit them to the SFA amounted to an administrative error, they did not effect the registration status of players. Nothing said by the courts today or previously have called that decision into question.

Whether EBTs required PAYE or not doesn't change the fact the letters should have been disclosed. I agree that the LNS report was a bit of a whitewash.

But that was decided by LNS who said the side letters were contracts but failure to submit them to the SFA amounted to an administrative error, they did not effect the registration status of players. Nothing said by the courts today or previously have called that decision into question.
Whether EBTs required PAYE or not doesn't change the fact the letters should have been disclosed. I agree that the LNS report was a bit of a whitewash.

It wasn't decided by LNS, those were the parameters of the tribunal set down by the SFA. Hence the discount option scheme was deliberately excluded, otherwise we'll have seen the separate breach of being caught giving false statements to HMRC.

Some of these fucking Lanarkshire fans btw.

To the big teamers forum with you. You're not needed in this debate.