Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

In terms of continued hilarity, and ideally the re-death of one of the arse cheeks, what does this court ruling actually mean?

Doesn't affect the even new club at all. Titles and trophies won in that period should be stripped, ala Juventus. Doubt the Spfl have the balls to actually enforce their own rules though.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Doesn't affect the even new club at all. Titles and trophies won in that period should be stripped, ala Juventus. Doubt the Spfl have the balls to actually enforce their own rules though.

It's now time to demolish the corrupt core that runs our game. If it's not done now, it never will be. They must start with the removal of all titles and cups won by the club, swiftly followed by the sacking of Doncaster, Regan etc. Then the removal of Minty's knighthood!

If, as claimed, they are the same club, then title stripping may be questioned.  

It's a lose-lose for them really.  They're either the same club and it's been confirmed they cheated and could be punished further.  Or it's a different club and nothing will be done.

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If, as claimed, they are the same club, then title stripping may be questioned.  

It's a lose-lose for them really.  They're either the same club and it's been confirmed they cheated and could be punished further.  Or it's a different club and nothing will be done.

If they are the same club, should the £1,300,000 they are paying Norwich for Dorrans not be going directly to the person they worship.....Her Majesty?

34 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I can't see any circumstances under which that would happen.

Surely nobody actually thinks Regan and Doncaster will feel the need to leave over this? I'd be surprised if anyone, other than some posters on a forum, puts any pressure on them to do so. Don't get me wrong I'd love it if it happened, just can't see it.

To my mind it would be absolutely within reason that they should resign, and immediately. Not only are they primarily concerned with the governance and good order of the sport in Scotland, they also officiated over the events that allowed the zombie offspring of a failed club, a reformed clumpany, access to the fourth tier of a semi-professional setup. They have allowed directors of the company that participated in a tax fraud of extraordinary scale, thereby gaining a financial advantage over all other clubs in that setup, to return to the same role in the new entity, almost without any scrutiny at all. They also know - as do we all - that Rangers are living beyond their means yet again, and the SFA have endorsed their thankfully brief visit to Europe this year despite not fulfilling several of the basic fiduciary and corporate criteria for entry to that competition. It's just so corrupt it isn't funny.

At best, Regan and the Cockwomble have been negligent in their professional duty to the organisation that employs them. At worst, and with special reference to Regan, they have allegedly been complicit in undermining the spirit of fair play and ethical practice in Scottish football. They should absolutely resign. Agreed, they probably won't, but without question it should happen. I can only imagine what Turnbull Hutton would have to say about this - that would be well and truly popcorn-worthy stuff.

3 minutes ago, nsr said:

Nothing will be done. There would be rioting in the streets if they attempted to strip titles.

This is my fear as well.  They'll be too scared to do anything because of the fat, smelly orks that make up 99% of the Rangers support.

In terms of continued hilarity, and ideally the re-death of one of the arse cheeks, what does this court ruling actually mean?

Nothing really. They had already lost the case in the High Court and HMRC stubbornly refuses to actually bring charges of tax evasion so it all boils down to a tax dispute. No prosecutions against officers of Rangers or Murray Group.

Rangers (RIP) now have an even bigger creditor bill and the taxi company and face painters now get less money.

2 minutes ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

Just think of the amount of army boots the military could have bought with the tax money owed by Rangers.

They could have paid the soldiers footballers wages...