Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've not said that.  I've just being sensible in stating that HMRC's pursuit of Rangers through the courts has been counter-productive, especially given that The Gvt changed the law on EBTs.  I'm thinking of we taxpayers here ;)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Did HMRC know that a change in the law would be accepted by parliament?

If they were "thinking of we taxpayers" they'd have paid their taxes.

Not forgetting their creditors. Money for lawyers for the new adventure into court, of course.

3 hours ago, bennett said:

He posts on the Rangers fitba monitor.

You know, for someone who plays the dumb fck nugget to a tee. Your knowledge of football blogs is second to none.

You should maybe spend less time reading them and more time attending games?

On 13/08/2016 at 10:48, stonedsailor said:

Theseus ship called dignity.

I have done a little research on this and, whilst I know it is a philosophical quandary from many years ago, modern regulations may have the answer.

"The number is assigned to the total portion of the hull enclosing the machinery space and is the determining factor, should additional sections be added.

The IMO number is never reassigned to another ship and is shown on the ship’s certificates."

Thsee are the IMO regulations for the identification of a ship. The portion of the hull which encases the machinery space is the ship.

In a similar way it could be argued that the company is the "engine space" of a club as that is what runs the club meaning that if we apply Theseus' thesis to the Rangers question then we find that new club is the answer.

I wonder if they're allowed to do this unilaterally.  Legally, I mean.  Feck off, Puma

Speculation is rife that Rangers have ended their controversial kit deal with Puma after the sportswear firm’s branding was removed from the club’s website. Talk intensified further when the first-team squad were pictured without their Puma training tops as they prepare for Saturday’s match with Motherwell. Rangers were unhappy when Puma launched this season’s kit despite protests from the club to halt sales.