Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Vanguard berrz :lol:

I can only imagine how embarrassing it must be to be in any way associated with them.

Oh Mikey how wrong you are and if only you dossers had a group like our VBs.

Aye ok they are a bunch of c***s and are at the Spetsnaz end of our supporters groups but they follow follow so get my respect.

Ibrox is a broad kirk - something underappreciated by the brain dead Ps&Ds.

It's utterly tragic - anyone who feels the need to mention "Saville" in something like that is an absolute fucking simpleton.

Tbf its not that different from what P and B stalwarts like stand free and wee hammy come out with, just a bit of outrage due to the team they support.

Ibrox is a broad kirk

15 - love

A broad Kirk full of narrow minds.

15 all

Broad or narrow we will follow on ;)

30 - 15

I thought it was totally outclassed cricket teams that had to follow on.

30 all

You're the authority on being 'totally outclassed'.

40 - 30

Edited by Jacksgranda

Now having adjusting my specs I agree - it is embarrassing but we live in embarrassing times. I almost always cringe when one of our various fan groups make a statement. Almost always it is unnecessarily angry and almost always it involves poor punctuation.

The only thing worse is the diddies giving it air time and thinking it comment-worthy.

Scotland's become a nation of offended clipes and sweetie wives.

Edited for poor punctuation.

You are being disingenuous and defending the Blueshirt-types your team attracts. They are not good people.

Oh Mikey how wrong you are and if only you dossers had a group like our VBs.

Think those lads giving the Nazi salute outside our main stand years ago are the closest we'll ever get to morons like the VB and thankfully they don't follow follow Motherwell very often.

Of course Ibrox is full of many opinions and political standpoints but we all know that the PUL faction shout the loudest and have the majority of the support.

I would simply be too embarrassed to rub shoulders with some of these loonballs.

I like how you emphasise the disparity in opinions among Rangers fans before immediately following up with a bigoted sweeping generalisation about another group - a group which is larger and more disparate than Rangers fans. Seems to be a daily occurrence for you. For a self-styled intellectual you really are a bit of a thick cúnt.

I see no obligation whatever on Kincardine or anyone else to condemn these Vanguard guys. It's not him and why should he feel any responsibility for their noises, just because he supports the same football team.

What I don't get though, is this "broad Kirk" stuff he comes out with. Any Kirk broad enough to accommodate these vile idiots needs a trim. I suspect he just does it for a reaction, but it's pretty poor.

Rangers should do everything to disenfranchise Vanguard types. It's not necessarily their fault that these people see Rangers as the club for them and their sentiments, but it's surely not really in the club's interests that they do, is it?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I see no obligation whatever on Kincardine or anyone else to condemn these Vanguard guys. It's not him and why should he feel any responsibility for their noises, just because he supports the same football team.

What I don't get though, is this "broad Kirk" stuff he comes out with. Any Kirk broad enough to accommodate these vile idiots needs a trim. I suspect he just does it for a reaction, but it's pretty poor.

Rangers should do everything to disenfranchise Vanguard types. It's not necessarily their fault that these people see Rangers as the club for them and their sentiments, but it's surely not really in the club's interests that they do, is it?

££££

Edited by aofjays

Classy.

FORMER Rangers and England footballer Paul Gascoigne has triggered a row after appearing to re-enact a controversial flute-playing gesture in front of an audience in Glasgow.

The footballer, who continues to battle alcoholism, appeared to imitate the gesture to the 1000-strong crowd at the Magnum Leisure Centre in Irvine last Friday as he was welcomed on the stage to Tina Turner’s Simply the Best.

Huge numbers of the audience were also reported as shouting “f*** the pope and the IRA”.

Addressing the crowd as he made his first public appearance since he went to a US addiction clinic after collapsing during a speaking engagement in ­Northampton in January, Gascoigne shouted: “I f***ing love Glasgow.”

It drew cheers and chanting from the crowd, with some fans also singing banned loyalist songs, including The Billy Boys.

The flute salute is considered to be a controversial Loyalist symbol.

In 1998 Gascoigne was fined for making the taunt towards rivals Celtic when he played for Scottish club Rangers.

His actions during the clash were deemed highly offensive to Celtic’s traditionally Catholic supporters, but Gascoigne claimed he had not known the meaning behind the salute.

Following the incident, he was fined £20,000 and claimed that he had received IRA death threats.

North Ayrshire Councillor Ian Clarkson, who attended the event last Friday, was reported in the Daily Record as saying that the event highlighted problem areas.

“The event in the Magnum was advertised as a comedian/speaker night, and in effect that is what it was,” he said. “Unfortunately, the night highlighted certain problem areas.”

He added: “I believe there was a number in the audience who persisted in singing and chanting, and the stewards should have taken action, to stop any offensive behaviour.”

Mr Clarkson was unavailable for comment when contacted by The Irish Post.

But his comments were branded a joke by Empowering Scotland’s Ethnic and Cultural Minority Communities (BEMIS), Parliamentary and Policy Officer, Danny Boyle.

Speaking to The Irish Post Mr Boyle said: “The image that the local authority is portraying is indicative of the wider problem, it’s not a good approach. They label the problem as a sectarian problem, but that’s too general.”

Mr Boyle referenced statistics provided to The Irish Post by the Scottish Government, which indicated that whilst the number of religiously aggravated charges in the country was decreasing, the majority of these attacks were still targeted at Catholics.

In 2014/15, 569 religiously aggravated charges were reported, four per cent fewer than the previous year and is at its lowest level since 2004-05, when 479 charges were reported.

But in the last year the majority of racial attacks were still targeted at Roman Catholics with 328 incidents reported, which formed 58 per cent of all offences.

Regarding the overall sense of anti-Catholic offences in Scotland, Mr Boyle added: “There’s a disparity, because judging by the evidence it’s [sectarian behaviour] actually an anti-Catholic problem. They [authorities] use generic terms [sectarianism] to mask what the actual problems are. It’s a hate crime.”

At present, football fans can be punished by law for committing sectarian behaviour at matches, but this legislation does not extend further to private events.

A spokeswoman for Police Scotland confirmed that no arrests had been made and no complaints received following the Gascoigne event.

The Irish Post is awaiting a response from a member of Gascoigne’s management team.

http://irishpost.co.uk/81210/

Edited by K Dodd