Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Dream on. Your magnificant support allowed your club to die. That is the reality.

You must look on with envy at the way Hearts supporters grouped together to save their club whilst you had about 10 arseholes trying to be billy big baws representing about 15 supporters each.

I've heard this line numerous times now but I'm mystified as to what Rangers fans could have done to save their club in 2012. It was all too late by then. The figure mentioned at the time was 'upwards of £134M'. Assuming 100,000 adult, wage-earning fans, that's over £1300 per fan. Not peanuts.

I've no sympathy for the fans - they shoved their over-spending success in our faces for long enough so they can wallow i it now their club's dead - but I'm not sure what they were supposed to do in 2012.

Listen, if ' up to your knees in f----- blood' is classed as offensive, where is the difference about 'up to your knees in Arab blood', as sung at the recent Dundee derby game. Arabs living in Britain may well be offended at that.

Och Youngsy, I was with you as well.

What you're saying here is daft though.

Nothing remotely offensive about those from the middle east is intended in the Dundee thing.

Now, we could argue that care should always be taken with language, but don't cheapen the entire discussion by claiming that there's equivalence between daft nicknames, and abuse aimed directly at fans because of particular religious associations of the clubs they follow.

See when you've got a point Youngsy, don't go buggering it up with stupidity.

Do me favour, son. Try and kid many of the posters on here but seriously i know how much of a bigot you are. The word Klan denotes racism amongst all right thinking people throughout the world and i, being part Jewish, for one am not prepared to accept this wording towards myself or any another Rangers fan in a jocular fashion on this forum. Keep going with this and we'll see where it goes.

Joey Ramone was Jewish and the KKK took his baby away , I'm not sure if any of the guys that done it were Rangers fans though.

I've heard this line numerous times now but I'm mystified as to what Rangers fans could have done to save their club in 2012. It was all too late by then. The figure mentioned at the time was 'upwards of £134M'. Assuming 100,000 adult, wage-earning fans, that's over £1300 per fan. Not peanuts.

I've no sympathy for the fans - they shoved their over-spending success in our faces for long enough so they can wallow i it now their club's dead - but I'm not sure what they were supposed to do in 2012.

I think that's right.

Despite the fun of the "You let your cub die" line, I suspect that by the time it was happening, it was way beyond the fans to avert.

You're also right though in identifying the massive Schadenfreude element. The triumphalism of the fans during that era was such, that the joy of seeing where it led is unbounded.

The figure, whatever it was, is simply expressed as "more than the club could or would offer to HMRC as a settlement." They had multiple chances to come to an arrangement with the taxman over a period of years, but chose not to engage.

What the Horde* should have done was, in a total volte-face from their normal mindset, taken notice of the rumours about the Blue Sisters' ** financial affairs which were circulating at least a decade before their eventual death, and demanded answers from the Men in the Big Hoose. They chose to look at the shinies instead. A similar attitude has led to the financial rape of the new club by a succession of chancers. Follow followers*** of the Tribute Act**** don't understand why the rest of us find this amusing. Which we find all the more amusing.

*Problem, youngsy?

** What about this, then?

***Is this one OK?

**** Surely you're not going to spit the dummy on this one?

To be honest. I agree that the klan shouldn't be used. I know the rangers fans can come across as erse holes but to describe them as a term used for the KKK isn't on.

Most rangers fans I know are sound folks. One or two are the FTP type but their iq seem to be low double digits.

On the whole I find most the rangers fans here fine and have held decent conversations with a few of them. Must be hard getting it from all angles and not getting a little exasperated and coming across wagons circled.

That said. The term 'yins' coloured green is just childish as is the blue 'ones'.

When they aren't doing whatabouttery and bringing up the Torbet shite they are fine. Yes it happened. Yes it's deplorable but it's time to let it go.

Once both sets move into the 21st century then we will see Scottish football progress as we all wish.

Rivalry is fine but to get to the stage where you come across as foaming at the mouth at just the mention of your rivals it's time to step back an re-evaluate your life

Is this what yon Mr X calls whataboutery?

No. That's when you choose to ignore or unfairly reject someone's initial accusation and instead throw back some other counter-accusation. It's a deflection technique aimed at pulling others down while avoiding looking yourself in the mirror.

Whereas I agreed with youngsy on his point - Klan is unacceptable language IMO. Not the worst expression in the world but still wrong. So having answered this, it earns me the right to ask him something else.

Not surprised you haven't understood the nuances of whataboutery after all this time.

I think that's right.

Despite the fun of the "You let your cub die" line, I suspect that by the time it was happening, it was way beyond the fans to avert.

You're also right though in identifying the massive Schadenfreude element. The triumphalism of the fans during that era was such, that the joy of seeing where it led is unbounded.

It was happening during their 9 in a row so no, the fans are to blame 100%

The desire for success waay above what ££ they could afford led to it. The baying for 'more' by the crowd is what killed them.

Fucking great now :)

To be honest. I agree that the klan shouldn't be used. I know the rangers fans can come across as erse holes but to describe them as a term used for the KKK isn't on.

Most rangers fans I know are sound folks. One or two are the FTP type but their iq seem to be low double digits.

On the whole I find most the rangers fans here fine and have held decent conversations with a few of them. Must be hard getting it from all angles and not getting a little exasperated and coming across wagons circled.

That said. The term 'yins' coloured green is just childish as is the blue 'ones'.

When they aren't doing whatabouttery and bringing up the Torbet shite they are fine. Yes it happened. Yes it's deplorable but it's time to let it go.

Once both sets move into the 21st century then we will see Scottish football progress as we all wish.

Rivalry is fine but to get to the stage where you come across as foaming at the mouth at just the mention of your rivals it's time to step back an re-evaluate your life

And the inability of some to type the full name of the opposing arse-cheek, the extra 'h' in so many words, the refusal to accept that most diddy fans don't have a 'big team'.

Apart from that, they're OK.

What the Horde* should have done was, in a total volte-face from their normal mindset, taken notice of the rumours about the Blue Sisters' ** financial affairs which were circulating at least a decade before their eventual death, and demanded answers from the Men in the Big Hoose. They chose to look at the shinies instead. A similar attitude has led to the financial rape of the new club by a succession of chancers. Follow followers*** of the Tribute Act**** don't understand why the rest of us find this amusing. Which we find all the more amusing.

To be fair to them, was it really all that obvious at the time?

I'm hearing rumours about United's parlous financial situation, that we're over-spending on salaries, that Thompson is looking to pull the plug, that the consolidation of the debt last year perhaps wasn't as good a thing for the club (note, Rangers fans, 'club') as it was sold as at the time.

What should I be doing about it?

It was happening during their 9 in a row so no, the fans are to blame 100%

The desire for success waay above what ££ they could afford led to it. The baying for 'more' by the crowd is what killed them.

Fucking great now :)

Well yes, partly.

But I don't think that's unique to Rangers fans.

"We Deserve Better" is of course almost as funny as "Sink us and We'll Sink You".

I think it comes back however to this idea of enjoying success, while asking few questions. I think that 95% of supporters are like that everywhere.

What makes it most enjoyable for me is the total lack of humility that accompanied the demise when it arrived.

It's also that so many of their fans only support them to be attached to success. That makes calamity so much better when it arrives.

To be fair to them, was it really all that obvious at the time?

I'm hearing rumours about United's parlous financial situation, that we're over-spending on salaries, that Thompson is looking to pull the plug, that the consolidation of the debt last year perhaps wasn't as good a thing for the club (note, Rangers fans, 'club') as it was sold as at the time.

What should I be doing about it?

Asking a few questions. I'm not saying that the running of the club should be totally transparent*, as fans, like anyone with a vested interest in any company, should have at least some trust that those charged with running the enterprise are doing so in an acceptable fashion. I am saying. though, that if there are suspicions that this is not the case, then there are fora where questions can be raised (fan engagement, AGM, EGM, etc.) and, if the answers given are unsatisfactory, then further digging can be done, by the fourth estate as well, if they sniff a story.

What fans of the late unlamented rangers did was cry "Conspiracy! Propaganda! Jealousy!". This was abetted by the likes of the Record/mail who know exactly who their customers are and what they want to read.

Football fans are obviously going to let on-field success obscure concerns of off-field issues, but did no rangers fans think, for example, "12million? To play in Scotland? Really?"

*Althugh, as we have seen, this is just one of the glib & shameless promises made to the horde by their latest saviour. And swallow swallowed whole by said entirely disparate and not homogenous at all group.

No..

OK you were quite subtle about it and tried to make yourself sound reasonable but your intention was to divert attention on to Rangers.

What about the billy boys and what about Rangers fans singing songs.

Sounds like the fabled whataboutery to me.