Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Step away from this and then come back and read what you are posting. In the last few days you have accused Rangers fans of throwing bottles of Buckie into the away section of Ibrox based solely on conflicting stories on an Internet football forum. You have defended what most impartial observers have called one of the most ridiculous bookings they have ever seen. You know when Stubbs and Duffy are defending the Rangers player he must be hard done by. Tonight you are defending a discredited journalist who has a history of fabricating stories regarding Rangers.

I totally stand by my position on each of these issues.

I really do, you know. I think you'll find that I've explained why in each case.

I think that in all three instances, the wacky views that require blindness to the available evidence and/or leaps of the imagination, are the ones that run contrary to my reading. Nobody's yet explained why I'm wrong with any of them.

Step away from this and then come back and read what you are posting. In the last few days you have accused Rangers fans of throwing bottles of Buckie into the away section of Ibrox based solely on conflicting stories on an Internet football forum. You have defended what most impartial observers have called one of the most ridiculous bookings they have ever seen. You know when Stubbs and Duffy are defending the Rangers player he must be hard done by. Tonight you are defending a discredited journalist who has a history of fabricating stories regarding Rangers.

These tales of Buckie-launching are incredibly unlikely if only due to the minute possibility that a Rangers fan would heave a container of their precious ned-juice, even when empty.

The BRALT has once again descended into a cesspit of Celtic/Sevco whataboutery - hopefully something of actual substance occurs soon so it can emerge to entertain once more.

These tales of Buckie-launching are incredibly unlikely if only due to the minute possibility that a Rangers fan would heave a container of their precious ned-juice, even when empty.

The BRALT has once again descended into a cesspit of Celtic/Sevco whataboutery - hopefully something of actual substance occurs soon so it can emerge to entertain once more.

Good luck with that. I've tried to ask some genuine questions but they get lost in the mire, plus the Rangers fans are so used to deflecting rubbish (with good reason) that they never give a serious answer. If you want facts and a sensible, rational discussion, don't look for it here.

And The Klan wonder why they're called the Klan ? ..sigh ..I predict carnage tonight..just remeber MrXs warning yesterday Klanttes!
Just popped in to see if MrXs warnings w.....oh forger it.
The Herald have probably lost what little readership they have left, the Yins are out in their droves tonight in twitterland claiming they have cancelled their subscriptions.
So we had the 'Wings' meltdown (which I quoted extensively) and now Scotzine are muscling in: attachicon.gifscotz.JPG Guilty until proven innocent yet their pathetic acolytes on here accuse us of fascism. There is just no way of making a parody of the yins. They do their own work.
Do you even know what whataboutery means? I would have thought that was day 1 in the Rangers course Oh dear, looks like somebody didnt get the memo
ooooofffffttt!!

Utter dross.

So the take away from today is that Spiers and Heggarty engineered their own demise to curry favour with the Ps&Ds and said bunch of obsessives haven't let them down.

Such a parcel of rogues, to quote The Bard.

Let me get this straight - you think that Spiers deliberately got himself fired, just to impress Celtic fans?

A sport writing job at the Herald is one of the cushiest gigs you can imagine, and it pays very well. Impressing Celtic fans, on the other hand, pays nothing at all. The idea that anyone, let alone Spiers of all people, would deliberately pack one in so that football fans will think better of him, is absolutely absurd.

You really need to give yourself a shake, here. You're spouting utter nonsense.

Let me get this straight - you think that Spiers deliberately got himself fired, just to impress Celtic fans?

A sport writing job at the Herald is one of the cushiest gigs you can imagine, and it pays very well. Impressing Celtic fans, on the other hand, pays nothing at all. The idea that anyone, let alone Spiers of all people, would deliberately pack one in so that football fans will think better of him, is absolutely absurd.

You really need to give yourself a shake, here. You're spouting utter nonsense.

He did get himself sacked tho... , maybe not intentionally but he just couldn't help himself.

Impressing Celtic fans does seem to pay quite handsomely, just look at the Rangers Football monitor site, jamsey Doleman, Philips donate button, Paul Larkin etc.. Are all doing rather well with their 'donations'.

He did get himself sacked tho... , maybe not intentionally but he just couldn't help himself.

Impressing Celtic fans does seem to pay quite handsomely, just look at the Rangers Football monitor site, jamsey Doleman, Philips donate button, Paul Larkin etc.. Are all doing rather well with their 'donations'.

You really do have to believe a remarkable amount of absolute shyte, to be a Rangers fan these days. So, reporters file stories just to harm one particular club and deliberately get themselves fired from hugely profitable jobs, for no other reason than to suck up to fans of another club.

Can you think of any other situation in life where this kind of thing would happen? No, you can't. Because it's ridiculous drivel.

You wouldn't understand integrity. It's a grown-up thing.

A lot of the ones on here really do tie themselves into the silliest of knots, in their efforts to believe the extraordinary.

It's the sheer volume of absolute guff that they need to believe that's so impressive. You don't wind up e.g. making statements about how journalists deliberately get themselves sacked just to annoy Rangers, unless you've previously decided to believe a whole cartload of absolutely barking-mad, conspiracy-theorising lunacy about the role of the press and the relative importance of football as a sport.

You kind of expect this stuff about politics, which has always been a playground for cranks and zoomers, but not about football. God only knows what people in the rest of Britain make of all this.

It's the sheer volume of absolute guff that they need to believe that's so impressive. You don't wind up e.g. making statements about how journalists deliberately get themselves sacked just to annoy Rangers, unless you've previously decided to believe a whole cartload of absolutely barking-mad, conspiracy-theorising lunacy about the role of the press and the relative importance of football as a sport.

You kind of expect this stuff about politics, which has always been a playground for cranks and zoomers, but not about football. God only knows what people in the rest of Britain make of all this.

A tale on being deluded by a fan of paranoid, downtrodden and deluded fc

Couldnae make it up

This Spiers Haggerty thing seems to have blown up in Rangers faces, it looks as if almost every Editor in the UK has been tweeting their support for GS and disgust at Rangers , Even the NUJ calling them "a mob" lol

I think the key to understanding Rangers fans is accepting that they're basically like Trump supporters - not only approving of their heroes being horrible, vile, spiteful morons, but actively glorying in it and celebrating it, simply because it annoys lots of people who they really don't like.

Sociologists and psychologists would have a field day with this Spiers thing alone. I'm not sure that there's another phenomenon quite like it in world football. Lazio, maybe.

And not a f**k is given

Do you not think it should be though?

I know there's this "No-one likes us; we don't care" thing, but that's been exposed as utter nonsense numerous times.

Why would you not care how people view you and the club you support? Caring about such things is fairly human I'd have thought.

I think the key to understanding Rangers fans is accepting that they're basically like Trump supporters - not only approving of their heroes being horrible, vile, spiteful morons, but actively glorying in it and celebrating it, simply because it annoys lots of people who they really don't like.

That's probably a decent parallel to draw, but I don't think it's fair to label all Rangers fans that way.

I don't even think it's necessarily that fair to label the ones on here that way, although the personas they find themselves adopting do conform to that pattern.

It just becomes a cosy retreat when confronted by reason.