Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Calm before the storm.. Monday is when sports direct say eh naw you haven't paid the interest... and you lose to hibs and the main stream media say you aren't the same club...

And mccoist does an interview blowing the whole scam out the water

And Craig Whyte claims to be working for David Murray

Have I mentioned anything that may happen?

Hibs might beat us tbf.

A minor but notable difference, recently: much of the press reported Rangers' statements about making payments as "Rangers claim they have made payments" as opposed to the previous "Rangers have made payments".

Most agencies and papers went for the latter, the first time round. Not this time. Presumably, the idea that false statements might be made at Ibrox hadn't occurred to them until now.

A minor but notable difference, recently: much of the press reported Rangers' statements about making payments as "Rangers claim they have made payments" as opposed to the previous "Rangers have made payments".

Most agencies and papers went for the latter, the first time round. Not this time. Presumably, the idea that false statements might be made at Ibrox hadn't occurred to them until now.

smell yer maw

Calm before the storm.. Monday is when sports direct say eh naw you haven't paid the interest... and you lose to hibs and the main stream media say you aren't the same club...

And mccoist does an interview blowing the whole scam out the water

And Craig Whyte claims to be working for David Murray

Have I mentioned anything that may happen?

The banks are shut today. Ashley will wait until they open again tomorrow before breaking the news - even though they've always suspected as much.

I don't think it'll be the missing interest that breaks the deal: it will be the unrealistic conditions attached.

The banks are shut today. Ashley will wait until they open again tomorrow before breaking the news - even though they've always suspected as much.

I don't think it'll be the missing interest that breaks the deal: it will be the unrealistic conditions attached.

How can they attach additional conditions to an already active contract?

It's not as if you can go to the likes of o2 and offer to pay up the rest of the contract only if they do your laundry and send you a pizza.

The t's and c's are already there

How can they attach additional conditions to an already active contract?

It's not as if you can go to the likes of o2 and offer to pay up the rest of the contract only if they do your laundry and send you a pizza.

The t's and c's are already there

I don't believe that will stop The Board offering to repay the loan if, for example, Ashley/MASH 'agree to drop all future litigation'. They might also want them to renegotiate the 7-year notice period. Otherwise, Ashley 'needs to wait for repayment, possibly until the new company goes into liquidation at which point he can take his place in the queue'.

I don't believe Rangers expect Ashley to accept the repayment offer - that's not part of the plan and I'm not sure the 5M exists - but they need to be able to tell the world that they tried.

What's making me suspicious is the sudden volte-face. One day it was 'not in Rangers' best interests to repay the loan' and the next day they're desperately scrabbling the cash together before breakfast and not quite making it. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Conspiracy theory? Maybe. Maybe not.

I don't believe that will stop The Board offering to repay the loan if, for example, Ashley/MASH 'agree to drop all future litigation'. They might also want them to renegotiate the 7-year notice period. Otherwise, Ashley 'needs to wait for repayment, possibly until the new company goes into liquidation at which point he can take his place in the queue'.

I don't believe Rangers expect Ashley to accept the repayment offer - that's not part of the plan and I'm not sure the 5M exists - but they need to be able to tell the world that they tried.

What's making me suspicious is the sudden volte-face. One day it was 'not in Rangers' best interests to repay the loan' and the next day they're desperately scrabbling the cash together before breakfast and not quite making it. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Maybe they want him to push the nuclear option... but if they can't repay it's secured against a fair few things. I don't think it's in best interests for that.

I'm not sure of it was a random blog that someone linked to but doesn't it have to be paid by a year end in order for the securities to be released?

I was told (speculation but still) by a lawyer who works with debt that Ashley might've threatened with foreclosure. The 5 mil loan doesn't have a repayment deadline, but he told me that in reality it means that the loan is repayable on demand after a reasonable period of time. Ashley asked for it to be repaid earlier in the year, I think it was the end of spring or early summer. Half a year later Ashley would have ammunition to claim that reasonable amount of time had passed and demand it in court and foreclose on assets.

So if his speculation was spot on, King postured for as long as he could, but in the end the board was forced to change their position.

Also, one thing I didn't quite understand from court proceedings. Rangers lawyers said that assets will only get released at the end of 2015 regardless when they pay the loan. That was early December, so either the loan agreement says at the end of the "year" or "month." If the loan is paid on 1 January 2016, do assets only get released on December 31 2016 or 31 January 2016? If they have to wait the full year for their assets, then it makes no sense to pay at any point except late December.