School stories

Dindeleux

4 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

We had a rack full of those books at the back of the French class. Whenever the teacher couldn't be arsed teaching, she just told us to read them. One day, one of my pals decided to go absolutely full tilt graffitiing one book with the filthiest stuff he could think of. Bearing in mind we were about 12 it was all stuff like drawing a speech bubble from some woman's mouth and asking the shop keeper to "Lick my cheesy m1nge".

He went at this for about half an hour, just filling every page with it. Everyone else at the table was in stitches at it. Near the end of the class, the teacher called him to the front and to bring the book with him. She'd been watching him do it all class. He got sent to the head of department's office where he was basically given a lecture about what a pervert he was. Was absolutely hilarious seeing how white he turned when he was asked to bring the book out to the front.

Happy times.

Same here but with German textbooks. Tippexing out the actual words and replacing it with swearing, filth and obligatory nazi stuff. 

The best one was some German guy with a hat and briefcase visiting his wife in hospital. The speech bubble said "can't pay your medical bill? Then f**k off!" I'd written BUPA on the guys briefcase.

I got caught and sent to the deputy head.

"Are you going on the Marburg exchange trip Mr Tangerine?"

"Yes sir"

"Then you'll find that not every shopkeeper looks like Adolf Hitler. But I did enjoy the hospital skit as a piece of social commentary"

My dad had to pay for a new copy of "Deutsch Heute" or whatever the f**k it was called. This was 1989.

When Thatcher was deposed in 1991 he was one of many teachers hi-fiving each other that day, which probably saved my bacon thinking about it now. 🤔

I remember the main textbooks for the year getting handed out. Massive pile of books retrieved from the cupboard, which the teacher would dump on everybody's desks one at a time. The sigh of relief when you realised you'd been given a fairly undamaged copy, and the moan of despair when someone was handed an ancient tome, pages barely hanging on to the spine, every page defaced to the point of uselessness. A sure-fire sign that the teacher thought you were a c**t, and that you would not be enjoying this class.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I remember the main textbooks for the year getting handed out. Massive pile of books retrieved from the cupboard, which the teacher would dump on everybody's desks one at a time. The sigh of relief when you realised you'd been given a fairly undamaged copy, and the moan of despair when someone was handed an ancient tome, pages barely hanging on to the spine, every page defaced to the point of uselessness. A sure-fire sign that the teacher thought you were a c**t, and that you would not be enjoying this class.

Once you have covered it in wallpaper you will never know the difference 👍

4 minutes ago, Arthur daley said:

Once you have covered it in wallpaper you will never know the difference 👍

I took a bollocking once for not wrapping my maths textbook in wallpaper. Couldn't work out the logic in that but, with hindsight, I assume everyone was embarrassed about the terrible state that their classroom materials were in  :lol:

23 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Half way through 4th year we had a boy from Wales appear at our school after his family had moved up here. He wasn’t the brightest but the school didn’t know what classes to put him in at that stage of the year, so they just stuck him in all the highest/credit classes. It was obvious he wasn’t going to pass any credit exams, but the teachers didn’t really pay him much attention as he was going to be leaving at the end of 4th year.

He was sitting above me in the auditorium while we were doing our German language exam, and after a few minutes he was led outside by an invigilator and didn’t reappear. Once we finished we found out he had written his full German essay on his arms, from the shoulders down to his wrists. The only problem was he was wearing a short sleeve shirt. 

Just reminds me of this

BNgSSMx.png