Away crowds at Pittodrie

In the last 10 seasons we have only played at Pittodrie 7 times on a Saturday,the rest being midweek or Sunday.I know we all need the TV money but some of the fixture arrangements are a joke and its a hell of a lot worse for the old firm who hardly ever play away games at 3pm on a Saturday,every cloud eh.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stats are interesting however if we were to look at the figures for rugby park you would find st mirren have the biggest away support by a long way outside the old firm and at st mirren park killie have even matched the support of the old firm in recent years where as clubs like dufc have had very poor supports at both those grounds.

Your point, your average home attendance is 6 times bigger than ours, your away attendance at pittodrie was 6 times ours.

Anyway bringing up St Johnstones poor crowd attendance, yawn, we all know it, nothing we can do about it.

why is that ? I remember the first season at McDiarmid Park the average was about 7,500 then the following season in the top flight was similar..........what happened ? surely can't just be down to the "new stadium bounce" ?

What a load of rubbish according to the killie chairman on the radio tonight hey have the largest away support outside old firm

Like all these things it depends on geography - Killie do have a good away support if you asked a St Mirren or a Motherwell fan - but given that Killie-Aberdeen is a big journey, it will have an effect. Dundee Utd take a good support to Pittodrie, but the support they bring to Fir Park (and I'm willing to bet St Mirren and Killie) is practically non-existent in comparison. I think if the Killie chairman said that though, it's surprising - Aberdeen and Hearts have the most consistently high supports outside the OF, followed by Hibs in my experience.

The stats are interesting however if we were to look at the figures for rugby park you would find st mirren have the biggest away support by a long way outside the old firm and at st mirren park killie have even matched the support of the old firm in recent years where as clubs like dufc have had very poor supports at both those grounds.

We've always had healthy support down at St Mirren, i would challenege you that Aberdeens support at St Mirren would be similar if not bigger.

Aberdeen and Hearts have the most consistently high supports outside the OF, followed by Hibs in my experience.

Yep, its always been the same. Our last 3 crowds for away games have been excellent 999 (capacity) at Ibrox, 4072 (almost capacity) at Tannadice, and im not sure of the exact figures but there wasnt much spare seats up at Inverness on xmas eve, i would imagine about 1000-1500 and 2633 at Forfar.

They're a right defensive bunch, eh?

You'd think they'd point out they had tens of thousands lining the streets of Perth when they last won a national troph... oh, wait, no never mind...

We've always had healthy support down at St Mirren, i would challenege you that Aberdeens support at St Mirren would be similar if not bigger.

We took over 2000 to St Mirren last year - even filling a section of the home end. I don't think Aberdeen have done that.

Killie announce the away supports at every game, but I''ve never bothered to take a note of them. I've asked on our forum, but I'd have a guess at this order:

Rangers

Celtic

St Mirren

Hearts

Motherwell

Dundee (SC)

Hibs

Queen of the South (LC)

Dunfermline (1)

East Fife (LC)

Aberdeen

Dunfermline (2)

Dundee Utd

St Johnstone

Inverness

We took over 2000 to St Mirren last year - even filling a section of the home end. I don't think Aberdeen have done that.

Killie announce the away supports at every game, but I''ve never bothered to take a note of them. I've asked on our forum, but I'd have a guess at this order:

Rangers

Celtic

St Mirren

Hearts

Motherwell

Dundee (SC)

Hibs

Queen of the South (LC)

Dunfermline (1)

East Fife (LC)

Aberdeen

Dunfermline (2)

Dundee Utd

St Johnstone

Inverness

Take the last three or four crowds at Paisley between ourselves and Kilmarnock and im sure they'll be about the same.

We took more to Dundee Utd than Kilmarnock have at most home games :lol:

Take the last three or four crowds at Paisley between ourselves and Kilmarnock and im sure they'll be about the same.

We took more to Dundee Utd than Kilmarnock have at most home games :lol:

Club from large isolated city have bigger away support than town team with 4 other top flight teams within 40 miles?

I'm shocked.

Club from large isolated city have bigger away support than town team with 4 other top flight teams within 40 miles?

I'm shocked.

You have 4 top flight teams within 40 miles and we still have a considerably larger away support than yourself. Good god. :lol:

There is no way we only had 179 fans at the opening game of the season

Having a look on the Aberdeen website there is one picture which shows the away fans at the front of the stand and there are around 100 plus fans there. I was sitting in almost the back row and we had people all around us

Its the 21st image down.

There is no way we only had 179 fans at the opening game of the season

Having a look on the Aberdeen website there is one picture which shows the away fans at the front of the stand and there are around 100 plus fans there. I was sitting in almost the back row and we had people all around us

Its the 21st image down.

Yeah 179 to be exact

In all honesty, I've not actually got a point to make. But Aberdeen have started publishing how many away fans attend games at Pittodrie, thought it was interesting reading.

But then I'm an Aberdeen fan, so we're taught at an early age to be obessed with attendances.

SPL:

0-0 St Johnstone: 10,001 (Visitors: 179)

0-1 Celtic: 12,497 (Visitors: 3,715)

2-1 Inverness CT: 7,989 (Visitors: 327)

2-2 Kilmarnock: 7,672 (Visitors: 263)

4-0 Dunfermline: 8,333 (Visitors: 350)

3-1 Dundee Utd: 10,256 (Visitors: 1,120)

1-2 Rangers: 15,468 (Visitors: 3,878)

1-2 Motherwell: 8,779 (Visitors: 385)

2-2 St Mirren: 9,452 (Visitors: 261)

1-0 Hibernian: 7,137 (Visitors: 274)

0-0 Hearts: 9,210 (Visitors: 740)

0-0 Kilmarnock: 8,324 (Visitors: 247)

League Cup:

1-0 Dundee: 5,722 (Visitors: 852)

3-3 East Fife: 3,964 (Visitors: 187)

It looks as though more Aberdeen fans came out to watch us than every other team in the league bar Rangers.

Dons fans always turn up for the big games.

Who gives a f**k?

Obviously you seeing as you feel the need to comment on it. shedboy lol, thats always makes me laugh.

It looks as though more Aberdeen fans came out to watch us than every other team in the league bar Rangers.

Dons fans always turn up for the big games.

Here here ;)

Apart from 9822 Aberdeen fans. More than has attended any other home game this season apart from Rangers. We've always been a big draw. :lol:

We only went to see the Saints, pity only 180 of the Saints fans did the same.

Archived