Suits

19QOS19

Rather looking forward to the finale. Having a quick look in Wikipedia there, the viewing figures has dropped from over 4 million an ep in the first season to about 2 million. At what point do they decide to cut shows because the figures are too low? Suits seems to have quite a following over here so there'd be a lot of disappointed people. Surprised the figures are so low in the US.

My guess is the next season is set two years down the line.

I read an interview and it's not going to be. The next season starts during his first night in jail. The writers basically wanted to take away everything the show has been built on and see what they can come up with to fix it, which scares me a little as it didn't sound as if they had this master plan all figured out.

I'm not sure how i feel about a season of Suits set in a prison with lots of new prisoner characters, it then becomes a prison show and not a lawyer show if they overdo it.

I would have loved it to have been set two years down the line, but with flashbacks every episode and things he's learned in prison overlapping with things going on in the real world two years down the line.

• 1 month later...

Halfway through season 4 on Netflix.  I have to say, I'm not liking the lack of screen time between the 2 main characters.  They have a great onscreen chemistry IMO.  Hopefully young Mickey Ross is back at Pearson Specter before long.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've watched the first three and it has been very good in terms of storyline and continuing the fall out of Mike being jailed and the firm falling apart. The dialogue is getting much, much worse though. The number of "goddamn" and variations of it shoehorned in for dramatic effect - where there's no need for it - is actually becoming off putting. Also, lovely though she is to look at, Donna's becoming really annoying.

Watched episode 3 last night, and things are not well with the show. The storylines are just a bit tedious, the acting hammy and as has been pointed out "Goddammit Donna, get him on the phone and don't take no for an answer!" and variations thereof have not helped.

I don't think the season has been much different to previous ones at the start of things. The big change is in the light hearted scenes, which have indeed been pretty shite. Suits has really gone uphill in the drama. With the comic side, it's dropped consistently along the way. As always when it comes to the drama, we'll need to wait a while for a proper pickup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Season resumes in the US in January. Guessing there might be a bit more interest in it in the UK once it starts back - particularly from Daily Mail journalists...

Any scenes with as much as a hug will be billed as "Harry's girl in on-camera ROMP!!!111"