Upcoming Film Releases

11thHour

• 3 weeks later...

She's the best Bond girl yet :wub:

I've seen a few set pics for this and it's going to be tremendous. I rewatched most of the Bond films recently, and Craig is my favourite Bond. He brings depth to the character (ie - there's a darker side to him).

• 3 weeks later...

I'll go see it. Not sure I like the idea of JGL venturing into action films though. The story from that trailer is pretty great though.

I like that he's expanding his horizons. He's no stranger to "action" films, what with his previous work in The Lookout and Inception. I like him as a serious actor rather than a comedy one (a la Days Of Summer and Hesher).

On another note, I can't wait for these to be released:

The Dark Knight Rises

Prometheus

Skyfall

Lawless

Kill Them Softly

The Hobbit

Django Unchained

The Gangster Squad

Looper

Lincoln

The Bourne Legacy

The Great Gatsby

Everything else can GTF.

I like that he's expanding his horizons. He's no stranger to "action" films, what with his previous work in The Lookout and Inception. I like him as a serious actor rather than a comedy one (a la Days Of Summer and Hesher).

On another note, I can't wait for these to be released:

The Dark Knight Rises

Prometheus

Skyfall

Lawless

Kill Them Softly

The Hobbit

Django Unchained

The Gangster Squad

Looper

Lincoln

The Bourne Legacy

The Great Gatsby

Everything else can GTF.

Inception isn't an action film, I've never heard of the Lookout so can't comment on that. But I don't think he's the right fit for an action film.

I hope to god you've forgotten about the Avengers. 9 days people! 9 fucking days!!

Inception isn't an action film, I've never heard of the Lookout so can't comment on that. But I don't think he's the right fit for an action film.

Perhaps "action" is the wrong word. However it had many attributes of an action film IMO. He may not be the right fit now, but I think he can adapt to it. I would like to see him vary his filmography and avoid being pigeonholed into a certain category. IMO, a good actor should transcend genres and make himself/herself fit into a different type of film from their norm.

I hope to god you've forgotten about the Avengers. 9 days people! 9 fucking days!!

Nut. Not excited about it at all. I'll probably go and see it (same with The Amazing Spiderman) but I'm very "meh" about the whole thing. I didn't really like any of the Marvel films - other than Iron-Man and The Incredible Hulk - and the trailers aren't making the film appeal to me. I maintain that it will just be a decent popcorn film, that will kill a couple of hours, rather than anything that will blow me away.

Nut. Not excited about it at all. I'll probably go and see it (same with The Amazing Spiderman) but I'm very "meh" about the whole thing. I didn't really like any of the Marvel films - other than Iron-Man and The Incredible Hulk - and the trailers aren't making the film appeal to me. I maintain that it will just be a decent popcorn film, that will kill a couple of hours, rather than anything that will blow me away.

Wow. You're excited about James Bond and Bourne Legacy but not Avengers? I don't think we can be friends sad.gif

These are films I dont think i've mentioned but wouldn't mind seeing. Both a mixture of going to the pics to see em and downloading them.

Looper - Joseph Gordon Levitt is an Assassin who assassinates people sent from the future until his future self lands on his lap.

The Samaritan - Samuel L Jackson is just out of jail and is a former grifter and is done with that side of his life but is dragged back into it by his old partners son.

Savages - New Oliver Stone film. Drug dealers get their girlfriend taken by a crazy drug lord and they fight to get her back. A really strong cast here.

Ted - I love Family Guy so i'll obviously give this a bash.

Meeting Evil - Another Samuel L Jackson flick. "follows diillusioned young family man John as a stranger, Richie takes him on a murder-fueled ride that transforms John into a desperate hero willing to go to any length to protect his family" I dont expect it to be mind blowing but Sammy Jackson is in it so no doubt it'll be alright.

Edited by 11thHour

The Lookout is pretty rubbish. Low-budget thriller (would not describe as "action") about an amnesiac who gets involved in a bank heist.

"Thriller" and "action" often go hand in hand. FWIW, Looper looks more like a thriller (although you could argue that it will be an "action-thriller" a la Bourne trilogy).

Anyway, the third TDKR trailer will be shown before Marvel's Avengers Assemble. That might tempt me to go and see it.

More like 2 weeks and 3 days for me. Despise going to the pics when its anywhere near busy.

Yeah I tend not to go on weekends but being a student means I can go during the day.

1150 screening! Just to make it through the next two days of solid uni work.

The trailer for Hillcoat's Lawless should be released today/tomorrow. Hardy, Pearce, Oldman and Chastain all starring in it, with Nick Cave doing the music. I'm surprised that it's slipped under the radar on here :P

Edited by yoda

I'm surprised that it's slipped under the radar on here :P

Some possibly good releases (if indeed they are meant to be released this year, there is either limited info on them or they could possibly be delayed till next year).

The Bourne Legacy

The Wettest County in the World

The Great Gatsby

The Hobbit

World War Z

That was the original name for Lawless 8)

I know :P I don't like the name change at all. However I was surprised by the lack of discussion about the film, particularly when it has such a good cast.

Perhaps the cast is just alright and it's just your hard ons for Oldman and Hardy that makes it seem that way tongue.gif