Upcoming Film Releases

11thHour

I like the look of Safe House. Densel is cool as f**k in just about every film he does. He has some making up to do after unstoppable.

Yeah im really looking forward to Safe House and yes he does have some making up to do after Unstoppable.

The ones I'm looking forward to have mostly already been said.

Prometheus

The Dark Knight Rises

Taken 2

They are the three I really REALLY want to see. I don't go to the cinema often because there's never anything worth forking out for IMO, happy waiting for a DVD. But those I will be there, most definitely. Taken 2 could turn out to be shit though - the first was surprisingly good, and it was a side of Neason I've never really seen. Very convincing.

I may be in a massive minority, but I'm really looking forward to Silent Hill 2 (or Silent Hill: Revelation 3D to give it's cringeworthy release title). I'll be in an even smaller minority when I say that I thought the first one was fantastic. It could have been better, yes, and a bit more canon with the games, but I think they nailed the atmosphere. Apparently the film will follow the events of the third game, and will have the return of Sean Bean (from the first film) playing the main character's father as well as reprising his role from the 1st. Not sure how that'll work, but hopefully it keeps the atmosphere right. A pretty decent casrt as well apart from Bean - Carrie Ann Moss of Trinity fame (although not sure what she's been in since) and Malcolm McDowell

I may be in a massive minority, but I'm really looking forward to Silent Hill 2 (or Silent Hill: Revelation 3D to give it's cringeworthy release title). I'll be in an even smaller minority when I say that I thought the first one was fantastic. It could have been better, yes, and a bit more canon with the games, but I think they nailed the atmosphere. Apparently the film will follow the events of the third game, and will have the return of Sean Bean (from the first film) playing the main character's father as well as reprising his role from the 1st. Not sure how that'll work, but hopefully it keeps the atmosphere right. A pretty decent casrt as well apart from Bean - Carrie Ann Moss of Trinity fame (although not sure what she's been in since) and Malcolm McDowell

I didn't realise that was a thing, I'm in! I liked the first one, having not played any of the games, it was a good thriller/horror.

The second official Skyfall pic has been released.

6EB957CBCF8436F0D6A19518BACD45.jpg

It's certainly a different approach to Bond. The typical groomed and refined look has gone (although with Craig there was certainly an unpolished aspect to the character) so perhaps we will see a "darker" Bond?

For all the criticism of him on here, Craig is probably my second favourite Bond behind Dalton.

• 3 weeks later...

The Gangster Squad looks like it could be a good film. Release date is October apparently.

It's about the LAPD trying to keep the East Coast Mafia out of LA during the 40s/50s.

gangster1.jpg

Decent cast with Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling and Josh Brolin. Emma Stone's also in it :wub:

• 3 weeks later...