Upcoming Film Releases

11thHour

Having had a look at the released slated for this year I've found there's quite a few I'm looking forward to/think will be quite good.

State your list and discuss any that you wish to. Mine is a mix of ones I really want to see and some pretty throwaway films that I'll no doubt download.

Man on a Ledge

The Woman in Black

This Means War

Safe House - Serious boner for this one, Denzel and Ryan Reynolds? yes please

Chronicle - This is one film I think could be very well done or could be an absolute failure, there'll be no middle ground but we shall see.

The Raven

The Hunger Games

American Reunion

Battleship

The Avengers

Men in Black 3

Prometheus - Really looking forward to this one. I think it'll be great. Fassbender is slowly becoming a favourite of mine.

Spider-Man - I'm hoping this one is better than the originals (they weren't horrible but werent amazing either)

The Dark Knight Rises - Nuff said.

That's about all that I can think of right now.

Edited by 11thHour

I rckon that liam neeson one that comes out next week looks pretty good! Called 'Grey' I think!

Oh yeah I forgot about this! Aye I'm definitely wanting to see that.

Some others I forgot:

21 Jump Street

Total Recall

Dark Shadows

Neighborhood Watch

Some possibly good releases (if indeed they are meant to be released this year, there is either limited info on them or they could possibly be delayed till next year).

The Bourne Legacy

The Wettest County in the World

The Great Gatsby

The Hobbit

World War Z

This Means War

The Avengers

Prometheus

The Dark Knight Rises

^^^These

Also these:

Carnage (UK release is 2012)

Shame (UK release is 2012)

The Grey

The Wettest County In the World (Oldman, Hardy, Pearce, Wasikowska, and um, Shia LeBeouf :lol: )

The Great Gatsby

Lincoln

The Hobbit

Skyfall

Red Lights

A few potentially good films.

Edited by yoda

For fans of Jason Segel, Alsion Brie, Rom-coms or all of the above, look out for The Five Year Engagement. Emily Blunt is no bad either.

The Hunger Games looks epic, can't wait for World War Z trailer. Others include...

The Dark Knight Rises (obv)

The Amazing Spiderman (obv)

Battleship (Although I have the feeling it's going to hugely disappoint)

The Bourne Legacy (I know, I know no Greengrass/Damon will make it shit, but I'll still see it)

Snow White and The Huntsman :ph34r:

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Resident Evil: Retribution

Wanderlust

American Reunion

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

Tell me more!

Baz Luhrmann directs. Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, Tobey Maguire, Isla Fisher and Joel Edgarton all star.

Stills in spoilers below:

Great-Gatsby-2012-Movie-Pictures-Starring-Leonardo-DiCaprio-Carey-Mulligan.jpg

Great-Gatsby-4.jpg

IMO it has the potential to be either an incredible film or fall well short. I can't see there being a middle ground.

From most excited to least:

The Avengers

The Dark Knight Rises

The Amazing Spider-man

Django Unchained

Prometheus

Star Trek 2

Resident Evil Retribution

The Hobbit

Men In Black 3

Dredd

Argo

The Great Gatsby

American Reunion

Taken 2

Total Recall

Red Dawn

Bourne Legacy

World War Z

Ghost Rider 2

edit: I've still yet to see Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Mission Impossible, Margin Call, The Artist and J. Edgar.

Edited by forehead7

From most excited to least:

The Avengers

The Dark Knight Rises

The Amazing Spider-man

Django Unchained

Prometheus

Star Trek 2

Resident Evil Retribution

The Hobbit

Men In Black 3

Dredd

Argo

The Great Gatsby

American Reunion

Taken 2

Total Recall

Red Dawn

Bourne Legacy

World War Z

Ghost Rider 2

edit: I've still yet to see Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Mission Impossible, Margin Call, The Artist and J. Edgar.

I've still to see J.Edgar, think i'll download that too. Oh and Sherlock Holmes 2.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but Star Trek 2 is out in 2013 :ph34r:

http://www.thekansan.com/community/blogs/x2018890779/-Star-Trek-sequel-begins-production-will-hit-theaters-in-2013

And I heard mumblings about some fallout over Red Dawn and its been shelved (although completed) indefinitely but also heard it is to come out late this year? I have no clue. Taken 2 and Ghost Rider 2 will be definite downloads for me.

I've still to see J.Edgar, think i'll download that too. Oh and Sherlock Holmes 2.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but Star Trek 2 is out in 2013 :ph34r:

http://www.thekansan...heaters-in-2013

And I heard mumblings about some fallout over Red Dawn and its been shelved (although completed) indefinitely but also heard it is to come out late this year? I have no clue. Taken 2 and Ghost Rider 2 will be definite downloads for me.

That's cool, I was going by a thread on another board that was created a few weeks ago and I'd compiled my list based on others' recommendations and some of my own.

Less money I give to Cineworld this year then biggrin.gif

anyone who doesn't want to see the Avengers has no place in humanity imo

Scarlett Johansson + Cobie Smulders = Win

The rest of it = Meh

I feel the plot may try to pack in too much and will let it down on the whole. I'm still looking forward to it though.

Tarantino's Django Unchained looks tastiest (so far), I think

Is Spielberg's Lincoln to be released late in 2012?

It is indeed. DDL, TLJ and JGL all in one film. Acronym ahoy!

Other films I'll go and see (depending on general reviews):

MS One: Maximum Security

The Amazing Spider-Man

Django Unchained

Lincoln

Star Wars: Phantom Menace 3D (for teh nostalgia!!11)

Edited by yoda

I hate you.

:lol: I knew that comment would stir some debate.

I just think that there's going to be too much going on and might not appeal to many people who don't appreciate the comics (I hate The Avengers and a lot of Marvel stuff) or who haven't seen many of the related films (I've only seen Iron-Man) because there is so many main characters in the film. Very little chance to develop them in the way they - probably - do in their individual films. Of course, it might just be intended to be a "popcorn" film much like The Fantastic Four where there was a story but character development wasn't that important.

That's where I think it might beat TDKR though. If the other two Nolan films are anything to go by, it's not going to be a "popcorn" film. The majority of people (who don't have any particular interest in either film until it comes out) will want to see a film that can entertain them without too much additional baggage.

:lol: I knew that comment would stir some debate.

I just think that there's going to be too much going on and might not appeal to many people who don't appreciate the comics (I hate The Avengers and a lot of Marvel stuff) or who haven't seen many of the related films (I've only seen Iron-Man) because there is so many main characters in the film. Very little chance to develop them in the way they - probably - do in their individual films. Of course, it might just be intended to be a "popcorn" film much like The Fantastic Four where there was a story but character development wasn't that important.

That's where I think it might beat TDKR though. If the other two Nolan films are anything to go by, it's not going to be a "popcorn" film. The majority of people (who don't have any particular interest in either film until it comes out) will want to see a film that can entertain them without too much additional baggage.

I think they've done enough character development in the individual films so that they don't need to do it in this one. Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Hulk have already had their development. The only people who haven't are Black Widow(Johansson), Maria Hill(Smoulders), Nick Fury(Jackson) and Hawkeye(Renner) but they're pretty minor team members. Maria Hill doesn't really have one in the comics either, nothing majorly interesting anyway. Fury's supposed to have a film coming out that could be pretty beast. Black Widow and Hawkeye have half decent stories, but would take too long to get into in the film.

It'll just be like a typical Avengers comic arc. (I'm not even certain on the villains involved) but whoever the villain(s) are then it'll be the same. First third is the villain rising to power, second third is them overpowering the Avengers until the last third when the Avengers figure out the way to defeat them.

They should make it like a three-four hour double feature though, have a half an hour break in the middle. That'd be jizz-tastic. Americans wouldn't sit through it though(Grindhouse didn't do so well), stupid lazy b*****ds. Ruining it for everyone.