Upcoming Film Releases

11thHour

On 06/09/2021 at 21:57, NotThePars said:

I'm sure Villaneuve has suggested or outright said that a sequel depends on the box office success of this which is why I'm really uncertain it'll happen. It also explains why he resisted it being added to streaming services as far as I know. 

Most of the reviews I've seen have been positive as well. When the critical reviews are things like "Why is there nobody to root for?" and "Why are the spaceships stupidly big and make even Momoa and Batista look tiny" I'm like "hell yea, sounds like the books."

It's being added to the HBO streaming platform on the same day as it's US cinema release date, for 31 days. It's the deal Warner, I think, agreed with HBO earlier in the year for all their movies at least this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Batman might be the new Bond. We've reached the point where that trailer looks a lot like the series' greatest hits. Could still be a good film, but I'm wondering if there's anything actually new left to be done.

I like Pattinson, though. Be interesting to see what he does with it. Amusing to see that Bruce Wayne's still applying a liberal amount of eye shadow before slipping out to batter the poor, but  :P

Looks like it'll be a film where they hunt for iconic shots of Batman looking bad ass tbh, which is fine.

Had half hoped they'd try and move away from the dark, broody, Baleman and back towards the campy versions tbh, but that wait continues.

Quite fancy the idea of a Batman film from the viewpoint of the villains' goons. Presumably Batman would seem slightly less threatening than lunatics like the Joker, who would at least pay them to survive in a dystopian city and would be liable to kill them for not doing what they wanted (and possibly leaving insurance money for their families). Batman just leaves them permanently disabled, vulnerable, and likely to starve to death.

Nice reveal at the end when Bruce Wayne is publicly unmasked and the goons realise that the billionaire playboy has been cracking their skulls nightly rather than doing anything to stop Gotham's citizens slipping into crime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 28/02/2022 at 20:36, UpInTheAyr said:

New Batman flick is getting great reviews. Says it's more a murder mystery type film more akin to Se7en or Zodiac.

Really surprised. The advertising has made it look deeply generic.

Quite pleased, as I'm inevitably going to be dragged along to see it this weekend.

Edit: that and the fact that it's three frickin' hours long.

Edited by BFTD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
55 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Interesting one. Did Hellblazer fans not think that Constantine was utter shite, and that Keanu had been miscast?

No idea, never read the comics but thought the film was good. Has become a bit of a cult film since its release 15 odd year ago so I'm sure that played a part in a sequel getting greenlit.

It's taken more than a decade, but I just noticed the trailer for the Hellraiser reboot is out. Looks about as generic as you'd expect from a horror franchise remake, and it seems like they've abandoned everything that gave the original film/book its unique flavour.

The CG on Pinhead looks a bit shite, but somebody's bound to lose their shit about the spiky one not having a penis, so well played for that, I guess.