Upcoming Film Releases

11thHour

11 hours ago, statts1976uk said:

I watched it online and thought it started off really well then became a bit farcical towards the end which derailed it a wee bit.

Hmmmm. Seems to be a recurring theme with this type of film. Meant to go see it today but might just sack it. 

34 minutes ago, Myko said:

Hmmmm. Seems to be a recurring theme with this type of film. Meant to go see it today but might just sack it. 

Some great performances in it, don’t get me wrong, and it’s definitely worth a watch but I thought there was some faults with it.

Edited by statts1976uk

21 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

Some great performances in it, don’t get me wrong, and it’s definitely worth a watch but I thought there was some faults with it.

Does it require any thinking ? I'm a bit hungover and the gf will be with me moaning as its not her cup of tea, so the less intellectual input the better.

Doesn’t require much thinking to be honest, you can analyse it afterwards! Some nice themes of revenge, redemption, frustration and regret but it’s not too heavy going.

Definitely worth a watch, let me know what your thoughts were afterwards.

Edited by statts1976uk

Well I was pleasantly surprised by that. Cracking wee film and all the sub-themes and sub-plots simmer away nicely around each other. Not the kind of film I'd usually go see at the cinema, it's more of a late night Film4 affair but well worth a watch either way. The setting, and small-town close-knit cast fit in perfectly with the type of story.

Sam Rockwell's character verges on cartoon-like a few times but redeems himself in the end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was really looking forward to going to watch Annihilation at the cinema but it seems that Paramount have decided it won't be shown in UK cinemas instead will be released through Netflix.

That's my mind made up then I'm going to start my month's free trial sometime this week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 23:09, SweeperDee said:

The fact that this film, after 50 years, still looks better than most Sci-Fi films is astounding in itself. What could make it better? A fucking 70mm film re-release. OYF. 

Going to GFT on Friday to see 2001:A Space Odyssey  but the 70mm version is not due to be shown there until September.

Any idea if 70mm one is going to be shown anywhere else before then?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...