Lidl Inferno Pizza

• 6 months later...

Got a bottle of 1 million Scoville capsaicin extract hot sauce as an Xmas present - one of the ones which comes with an eyedropper thing on the lid.

Tried it (5-6 drops) in a pot of chili.

Holy f**k. :eek:

What did you expect? Extract has a horrible burn and tastes rank. With the current trend just now for guys creating super hot cross strain chillies, there really is no need for extract anymore.

What did you expect? Extract has a horrible burn and tastes rank. With the current trend just now for guys creating super hot cross strain chillies, there really is no need for extract anymore.

Didn't affect the taste that I noticed, just added a shitload of heat - reckon I just OD'ed it! 2-3 drops would do I think - I normally stick a bit of naga sauce in, but I wanted to roadtest the extract.

If you are wanting mega heat go for any sauces high in Naga or Scorpion content and without extract. When extract came about the hottest chilli was the Red Savina Habernero. Since then that record has been beaten about six or seven times in the past three years alone. The use for extract has become non existant unless you're wanting to push upwards the 5 million scolville mark. Chillipepper Pete even do jars of mushed Moruga Scorpions and Naga's which are excellent.

One of my inferno chillis momentarily got stuck to the roof of my mouth. Said part of my mouth is still burning now almost five hours on. It also feels completely different to the touch. I've never been physically injured by food before, and I always go for the spicy option wherever I go!

There's a video by a guy called LA Beast who eats the top 3 hottest chilli's one after another. He near enough passes out. Pretty fun to watch though.

That dude is an absolute fud. He breaks his toe badly in one video he did. Made me laugh. Hard.