Lidl Inferno Pizza

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Off the specific topic but I had an Asda 'scorching hot' vindaloo (from their chilled 'takeaway' counter bit). Was just a notch below inedible. Well hotter than the Lidl pizza IMO.

Yes! I made the mistake of getting that from the cheapo/reduced/nearly out of date section. Thinking supermarket hot, ain't that hot. It was unbelievably hot, Man Vs Food hot!

Off the specific topic but I had an Asda 'scorching hot' vindaloo (from their chilled 'takeaway' counter bit). Was just a notch below inedible. Well hotter than the Lidl pizza IMO.

Hmm. I looked at that, and like the poster above, assumed it was going to be "supermarket hot", which is not hot. Instead I opted for the chilli and chocolate curry and it was absolutely rancid. I made a fatal error in my microwaveable curry choice.

Hmm. I looked at that, and like the poster above, assumed it was going to be "supermarket hot", which is not hot. Instead I opted for the chilli and chocolate curry and it was absolutely rancid. I made a fatal error in my microwaveable curry choice.

That does sound horrendous.

Intrigued by this. Had Pataks Phall the other week and to be honest I was underwhelmed by it. The usual Madras that I get from the Himalaya in Perth is hotter than this stuff was. Nice enough but I wouldn't say it should be called Phall.

Intrigued by this. Had Pataks Phall the other week and to be honest I was underwhelmed by it. The usual Madras that I get from the Himalaya in Perth is hotter than this stuff was. Nice enough but I wouldn't say it should be called Phall.

Agree with this. I tried the Patak Phall. It was ok but not noticably hot.

Just got a jar of ASDA's own vindaloo and had it there. Not really hot but actually pretty good for own brand gear. Cooked up some onions in olive oil before putting the sauce in then used tuna steak in it. Tastier than some of the much pricier Pataks stuff. Will need to get this "scorching hot" gear next time.

Made a detour to Asda there for the purpose of getting one of these vindaloo efforts, but both the takeaway bit (i.e. the bit where you buy the chicken and sauce in a tupperware dish and the rice separate) and the ready meal bit didn't have it- nor was there a price sign that it had been there but sold out. sad.gif

Had to console myself with a 3 chilli and chorizo pizza, which is marked "extra hot" on the box. In the oven now, will report back.

edit: pizza din't even register, had to pour scotch bonnet sauce on it to give it a kick. I am disappoint.

Edited by Fuctifano