Lidl Inferno Pizza

The Scoville scale is something worth noting ............ ;)

True enough, broon.

Has anyone tried the notorious ghost pepper? I believe this is the hottest bad boy on the Scoville Scale. Such is its power, it induces rectal activity that registers on the Richter Scale, and is equivalent to chowing down on the fucking Sun.

Eating pizza from some dinghy Euro-Tesco is one thing, but taking on the ghost pepper is quite another, I'd imagine.

Can anyone source these beasts?

True enough, broon.

Has anyone tried the notorious ghost pepper? I believe this is the hottest bad boy on the Scoville Scale. Such is its power, it induces rectal activity that registers on the Richter Scale, and is equivalent to chowing down on the fucking Sun.

Eating pizza from some dinghy Euro-Tesco is one thing, but taking on the ghost pepper is quite another, I'd imagine.

As far as I'm aware the hottest available chilli pepper in the UK is the Scotch bonnet but no doubt there will be some dodgy back street dealings somewhere where brown envelopes are handed over in exchange for the ghost pepper.

Dorset Naga is the hottest widely available one (by that I mean Tesco sell it)

I found one in a Caribbean food supply shop called a "Devils Penis" ohmy.gif which is apparently around the "f**k me sideways with a chainsaw, thats hot" level of hotness.

True enough, broon.

My mate bought ghost chilli essence from the internet.

This stuff sounds mental

ebay

Edited by young_bairn

I found one in a Caribbean food supply shop called a "Devils Penis" ohmy.gif which is apparently around the "f**k me sideways with a chainsaw, thats hot" level of hotness.

I've grown some of those.

Chillies cross breed dead easily so you get loads of new varieties all the time and you get all the dafties of the day trying to produce the hottest chilli of course. I reckon is you can eat a regular habanero then you can probably eat any chilli around. You obviously have no pain receptors anywhere in your body.:lol:

Chillies are as easy to grow as tomatoes and need a bit less watering too so its ideal for the lazy b*****d gardener.

As far as I'm aware the hottest available chilli pepper in the UK is the Scotch bonnet but no doubt there will be some dodgy back street dealings somewhere where brown envelopes are handed over in exchange for the ghost pepper.

I can handle Scotch bonnets. They're an excellent addition to a stir fry.

I found one in a Caribbean food supply shop called a "Devils Penis"

I don't recall ever seeing a Dorset Naga in the supermarket, but I'll keep an eye out for them.

"Devil's Penis". Good name! :D

This stuff sounds mental

ebay

"Put small dab on tongue to try it's like licking a light bulb for an hour in 5mins." :lol:

According to the Scoville Scale, the Bird's Eye Chili pepper is in the 50,000 to 100,000 Scoville heat units range. All I know is that I bought some and having rubbed my eye with my finger after touching them, I quickly lost all notion of hunger and felt only searing pain.

The Lupe Pintos deli shops in Glasgow and Edinburgh sell dried Bhut Jolokia (aka Ghost) chillies that are - according to Wiki- 401.5 times hotter than tabasco sauce, although they are no longer the world's hottest chilli.

They recommend you wear rubber gloves when handling them!

The hottest thing I've ever tried was the Curry Hell dish at Rupali's in Newcastle a couple of months back. Me and my flatmate, who both like spicy food and would make curries as hot as we could stand, went along. We had a main meal each and a portion of this curry hell between us for afterwards. Normally if you eat it yourself you get it for free, your photo on the wall etc. but we were just in it for experimental purposes.

Despite having a vindaloo as my main course, I managed 6 mouthfuls or so of this before I admitted defeat. The watering eyes & nose, the sweat and the burning mouth I could fight through, but I felt I was going to vomit copiously should I have one more bite, and this feeling lasted for about 2 more hours. My mate managed 3 mouthfuls and that was with 2 mango lassis to cool down.

We asked the guy what was in it and he said 7 different types of chilli. He also said that you get a lot of stag do's coming in and while some people can do it, others get nosebleeds, or collapse to the floor in pain.

Aftereffects included waking up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat with a searing ball of fire at the bottom of my ribcage that wasn't for moving up or down, and feeling like I was pishing Agent Orange the next day.

There's clips of this thing on youtube, including Gordon Ramsay trying it. I'd recommend it, but only once.

The inferno pizza, by comparison, I now put hot sauce on.

He also said that you get a lot of stag do's coming in and while some people can do it, others get nosebleeds, or collapse to the floor in pain.

Aftereffects included waking up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat with a searing ball of fire at the bottom of my ribcage that wasn't for moving up or down, and feeling like I was pishing Agent Orange the next day.

Good grief. As much as I love spicy food and like pushing the boundaries of what I can handle (whilst still enjoying the taste), this is just plain sadomasicism. Nosebleeds? Fucking nosebleeds? From a curry? Madness!

Good grief. As much as I love spicy food and like pushing the boundaries of what I can handle (whilst still enjoying the taste), this is just plain sadomasicism. Nosebleeds? Fucking nosebleeds? From a curry? Madness!

Aye thats pretty much where I draw the line awsell. I love hot food (up to a level where the taste is still good) but once it starts burning my puss off and making me feel ill then its no worth trying to act the bigman by having 5 ghost chillies and lying in your bed crying and sweating for the next three days.