Lidl Inferno Pizza

Well I decided to snap one up at Glenrothes Lidl and took it to my mates for a wee pro Evo sesh.

It wasnae that bad hot wise..but Definately worth the money at £1.30. Decent deals in there.

Just back from spin class..no sure if the contents of the pizza will come out my arse or my mouth...

• 1 month later...

Just got one of these bad boys in the oven! First time I've tried it. Here goes nothing.........

You will be disappointed. Its got a good spice to it (well the sauce) but the standard of pizza is pretty poor.

You will be disappointed. Its got a good spice to it (well the sauce) but the standard of pizza is pretty poor.

It was pretty spicy! Not nearly as hot as I was expecting but it was spicy enough to be enjoyable. For £1.29 I wasn't expecting great quality. It's good enough.

They're actually not bad considering the price suggests the animal was involved in a collision with a car.

I also enjoyed a wander round the sort of 'Poundland' goods they have in the middle of the shop. A sort of Sheepskin waistcoat caught my eye as one of the worst pieces of attire I have ever seen in my life.

I had to go to a wee town on the outskirts of London on business in December, and got off the plane clad in shirt sleeves. This was a mistake as it was bloody freezing. I ended up buying a fleece jacket from a Lidl for some paltry sum, and it was actually really comfortable, even if it did make me look 30% more homeless than usual.

i hate spicy food, hate it , i dont know how anyone can enjoy food when your mouth is burning, your eyes are watering, your sweating like a fucking peedo in hamleys and thats before your guts decide to do the conga for the next wee while :(:blink:

I used to be like that, and then I eventually properly tried some, and now I love spicy food. Aye, it does all the above, but the good stuff tastes great.

I used to be like that, and then I eventually properly tried some, and now I love spicy food. Aye, it does all the above, but the good stuff tastes great.

Agreed. A good vindaloo tastes amazing as well as being pretty damn hot. The best I ever tried left me feeling stoned. :blink:

i hate spicy food, hate it , i dont know how anyone can enjoy food when your mouth is burning, your eyes are watering, your sweating like a fucking peedo in hamleys and thats before your guts decide to do the conga for the next wee while :(:blink:

Might I suggest that perhaps you are doing it wrong? Why not start with something extremely mild, just so that you get used to it. Thats why kids don't start straight on the madras, they start with mild stuff first. Its like anything, if you're not used to it, there is a good chance your body will need to get used to it. So if a vegetarian, after 20 meat free years, decided to have a bloody steak, there is a good chance their body would react horribly to it. The same applies to hot curry.

If you go to a country like India or Sri Lanka, the people there don't sit there sweating and suffering while they eat. Why? Because it is what they are used to, and because there isn't a macho "how hot can you go" culture. They eat at a level of spiciness that they feel comfortable with, and their tolerance changes depending on experience. So if this is what is happening to you when you eat spicy food, then simply dial it down quite a few notches, and get used to it. Curry can taste absolutely amazing, and wee bit of heat can really add to it, but people shouldn't be suffering for it!

Might I suggest that perhaps you are doing it wrong? Why not start with something extremely mild, just so that you get used to it. Thats why kids don't start straight on the madras, they start with mild stuff first. Its like anything, if you're not used to it, there is a good chance your body will need to get used to it. So if a vegetarian, after 20 meat free years, decided to have a bloody steak, there is a good chance their body would react horribly to it. The same applies to hot curry.

If you go to a country like India or Sri Lanka, the people there don't sit there sweating and suffering while they eat. Why? Because it is what they are used to, and because there isn't a macho "how hot can you go" culture. They eat at a level of spiciness that they feel comfortable with, and their tolerance changes depending on experience. So if this is what is happening to you when you eat spicy food, then simply dial it down quite a few notches, and get used to it. Curry can taste absolutely amazing, and wee bit of heat can really add to it, but people shouldn't be suffering for it!

You go, girl!

Tried my second Inferno this week and it was just as hot as I remember from the first time.

Funnily enough a few days later I had an Indian takeaway and chose 'South Indian Garlic Chicken Tikka' from the 'HOT' section on the menu. In the description it said "this will blow your mind". It was nowhere near as hot as the Inferno.