Help! (played SPL 1998- AND Junior)

RobRoyGuy

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannae be arsed raking through 20 odd pages here so has anyone added David Hannah ex Dundee Utd and Celtic who played for Lochee?

David Hannah is on the list mate , its been updated page 22 post 548

Magic5 , I take it that's the same Stephen Craigan who is now on ESPN and BBC Radio Scotland . Never knew he played junior.

Yes same lad, when he and big Roy Essendow both first arrived from Ireland they were sent out to Blantyre Vics for a season or so. Crags went back to Motherwell, It didn't work out got Roy there but he ended up at Wycombe I think

Did Ray Montgromerie play SPL ? thought he was retired by 1998 ? and did he get voted greatest ever killie player or something ? Never knew he played junior.

Sorry who is Coco .. full name ? and i take it you mean Lesmahagow ?

Not sure at all if glencairn Dennis Mclaughlin has played SPL or not .

COCO the CLOWN played for Lesmahagow, but never made it Senior.

Wore size 28 kipperfeet boots and a red hat, was the best dressed man in Lesmahagow

Could take a penalty kick from outside the box.

Pulled rabbits out of his hat at half-time

• 2 months later...

Got a bet on the go with a smart arse at work , 20 quid and a years worth of gloating for me if i can prove him wrong .

We were having a discussion on how many junior players have gone on to play in the spl since the spl came into being some 13-14 years ago and how many spl players later in there career have gone on to play in the juniors .

What sparked this debate was an article on ex Rob roy winger Grant Anderson now at Hamilton and how he is eyeing up spl football with the accies .

I have till Friday as that's the next time i next see him to come up with 15 names , I told him I could get 20 but 15 will do for me to win the bet .

Off the top of my head I currently have ,

Marvin Andrews , Rob roy , rangers , Livingston

Dougie imrie , lanark , Hamilton

Gordon Greer , port Glasgow , kilmarnock

I have question marks over three more players which I will name later when I have more time .

So if you know any I can add to my list then please post them , remember only since the spl came into being some 13 or so years ago not before that .

Bump

For my nice workmate who says he can't find this thread on this forum anymore.

This should help, page one on the forum again Scott ha .

Gregg Burnett plays for Bathgate Thistle and played for Dundee United.

Aaron Conway plays for Dundee Violet and played for Dundee United and East Fife.

Stephen McNally played for Downfield Juniors before Dundee FC.

Dougie Cameron plays for Ballingry Juniors and played for Dundee in the SPL.

Paul Gallacher played for Lochee United before Dundee United in the SPL.

COCO the CLOWN played for Lesmahagow, but never made it Senior.

Wore size 28 kipperfeet boots and a red hat, was the best dressed man in Lesmahagow

Could take a penalty kick from outside the box.

Pulled rabbits out of his hat at half-time

Yip was always good for a hat trick :thumsup2

Sean O'Hanlon Hibs & Bonnyrigg Rose

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_O'Hanlon

http://www.juniorfitba.com/2012/11/bonnyrigg-1-linlithgow-2-match-report/

Ian Black also played one game for Tranent Juniors in a supplementary cup match at the end of season 2004 just after he'd been released by Blackburn & before he signed for Inverness, against Dunbar United at Forresters Park where he was sent off for a shocking challenge down the back of big Kevin Haynes calfs. Was like little and large when they squared up.

• 3 months later...

Archived