Help! (played SPL 1998- AND Junior)

RobRoyGuy

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Craig Brewster on the list ? His Wiki page mentions him playing in the Juniors for Dundee Stobswell before signing for Forfar.

I cannot find anything about there being a team in Stobswell though. (and I lived there about that time).

Is Craig Brewster on the list ? His Wiki page mentions him playing in the Juniors for Dundee Stobswell before signing for Forfar.

I cannot find anything about there being a team in Stobswell though. (and I lived there about that time).

Craig Brewster would be a good one but like you never heard of the junior team in question .

I found another wiki page mentioning a footballer playing for Stobswell Juniors, in the 1940s. Seems they are real then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Mudie

Brewster did indeed play for Stobswell and signed for Forfar from them. They played at the park on the other side of the allotments to East Craigie, now home to NCR AFC and folded in 1990.

Just wanted to say thaks to everyone who has helped with this thread to get near 150 names is brilliant . Thanks in particular to cmontheloknow for his help.

wonder why eh? :D colin was a cracking player we played in the same school team last i heard he was at blantyre.

Davie, Colin Boylan's with Lesmahagow now. Scored for them at the weekend.

2 names that sprang to mind were Davie Irons and former Hearts keeper Henry Smith. I know Davie Irons played for someone like Threave Rovers or someone in the South of Scotland League, don't know if he played junior. I'm sure Henry Smith turned out for a junior or East of Scotland side at the age of about 75 :D

• 3 months later...

bump for an old thread

Having a chat with a guy at work about the cup final yesterday ( same guy who prompted this tthread to begin with ) and he asked me if any of the shotts players have played at a higher level than junior and if any have even played SPL either as a youngster recently or years ago .

John Boyack the Shotts captain name came up , i could not see him on the list just a steven boyack ( any relation ? ) . Has John Played senior ? if so with who ? and has he even maybe played Spl maybe as a youngster?

If anyone can help with the following shotts players and clubs they have played for in the past to see how high a level these guys have played before going to shotts that would be great . Cmontheloknow has not been on this a good while so i may be struggling but here's hoping.( maybe adastra can help )

Johnny Murdoch

Paul Finnegan

Paul Burns

Tony Fleming

Darren Ferguson

Andy Scott

Colin Williamson

Allan Mackenzie

Stefan McCluskey

Mark Sideserf

and subs Bryan Wharton , Garry McStay , Hugh Kerr , Ryan Sullivan , Craig Miles , Brian Jack ,Craig Brown

Steven Boyack who played for Hearts and Rangers is John's brother. Dont know about the rest.

Dont think John played senior. He played for Lithgae Rose in 1997. Sure he was part of the team who played at Boness in a league decider and were 2-0 down with 3 mins to go but still won 3-2.

Steven Boyack who played for Hearts and Rangers is John's brother. Dont know about the rest.

Dont think John played senior. He played for Lithgae Rose in 1997. Sure he was part of the team who played at Boness in a league decider and were 2-0 down with 3 mins to go but still won 3-2.

Thanks , 15 years later still going strong and a scottish cup winner in his testimonial year not bad ! Must only have been 118 or 19 when he played for you guys.

Did your manager Mark Bradley play SPL for hearts ?

Sideserf was at Motherwell - I remember the name from a Championship Manager game but he doesnt appear to have played a first team game.

Not sure if the Garry McStay is the one who was at Falkirk in the late 90s early 00s - he went to Kilsyth after Brockville but I think that was the time they were being kept out of the SPL.

Sideserf was at Motherwell - I remember the name from a Championship Manager game but he doesnt appear to have played a first team game.

Not sure if the Garry McStay is the one who was at Falkirk in the late 90s early 00s - he went to Kilsyth after Brockville but I think that was the time they were being kept out of the SPL.

gary Mcstay looks just a young guy early 20's maybe though i could be wrong . Just realised Andy Scott was on the list as having played an spl game ( for motherwell.) and in the juniors.

Sideserf name caught my attention to as i am sure Sideserf played for the Roy years ago , the name sticks in my head most probably a relation given it's an unusual name.

Having a chat with a guy at work about the cup final yesterday ( same guy who prompted this tthread to begin with ) and he asked me if any of the shotts players have played at a higher level than junior and if any have even played SPL either as a youngster recently or years ago .

If anyone can help with the following shotts players and clubs they have played for in the past to see how high a level these guys have played before going to shotts that would be great . Cmontheloknow has not been on this a good while so i may be struggling but here's hoping.( maybe adastra can help )

Andy Scott

Allan Mackenzie

Hugh Kerr

All three above ex Alloa

Archived