best/worst chain restaurant

mungo

One opening in Glasgow as well. On the same street as where "Gourmet Burger" is opening and where Bread Meats Bread is. Quite the "in" food just now.

Three. Two in the city centre and one in Braehead. No idea if they're any good though.

I can't believe so many people like Ketchup. I went once and the burger was that dense and regularly-shaped affair that made it clear it was processed off-site and sent frozen to the outlets. It left a patina of chemically ming on the roof of my mouth. It doesn't even have the excuse of being a "big chain" as some folk seem to think it is. It's owned by Stephan King's G1 Group. To my knowledge the handful here in Scotland are all there is.

In no particular order my favourites are:

Cafe Rouge

Akbars

Pizza Express

Ask

Jimmy Chung

I wouldn't go out my way to go back to TGI or F&B as neither are cheap.

Wetherspoons is what it is. If you get a clean one or helps. The one in Corstorphine has always been decent when I've been.

Anyone who actually enjoys Jimmy Chungs should be shown the insides of their kitchens

:barf:

I done some sub contract work in one of their branches and one of the sinks had several frozen chickens stacked up in them with the hot tap running to defrost them, the kitchens and staff are grotty as f**k.

Trust me, NEVER eat in there

I've been to one of those 'five guys' places. It's quite decent, I seem to remember they had a strange system of ordering and it was quite expensive for what it was. Quite a vague memory of it though. It is what it is. Good for a quick fix when you're hungry.

For anyone that has been fooled by Nando's:

Go to the supermarket and buy a small bottle of one of their sauces for two quid. Then go to KFC and order some chicken, pouring the Nando's sauce over it.

Hey presto! A Nando's for a third of the price!

Will call out two restaurants for my least favourite. First up is Jimmy Chungs and to be honest most chinese buffets, the food is bland and more often than not just dreadful.

Second up is Nando's, a scattering of frozen chips next to a couple of chicken wings all for about £10 - £12 of your hard earned cash. I just don't get it.

Picking a favourite chain is tough, the likes of TGI's and F&B's can be hot or miss. Jamie Oliver italians are pretty good. reasonably priced with some decent grub available.

Went to jimmy chungs in Dundee and had a couple plates moved onto the banana fritters put a good few in a bowl and ladled on the syrup. Goes back to my table and starts demolishing them, first few were ok. I get to this one that seems a tad hard but thought it may just have been cooked too long.

No it was a fucking chicken ball!

Never been to another buffet since.

I don't know if it's a chain, but where Jimmy Chungs used to be in Inverness, there's now a place called 'World Buffet' and it is the worst restaurant I've ever been to. They do Chinese, Thai, Indian and European stuff and it's all greasy shite.

The one near me does pretty good currys, and the haggis pakora is brilliant. The chinese and european stuff is generally pish though.

Quite like Pinto. At the corner of Bothwell and Hope St

ETA: Just went a page back & seen it's been mentioned. Still. Good place.

Edited by Slenderman

I don't know if it's a chain, but where Jimmy Chungs used to be in Inverness, there's now a place called 'World Buffet' and it is the worst restaurant I've ever been to. They do Chinese, Thai, Indian and European stuff and it's all greasy shite.

It's terrible. I was walking by it a few weeks ago and someone walked out and spewed on the street. Not pleasant.

It's terrible. I was walking by it a few weeks ago and someone walked out and spewed on the street. Not pleasant.

To be fair most Chinese restaurants here are boak-fests.

Not been to one in about 15yrs.

World Buffet is cool for the novelty but the food is of a terrible quality. They nail the Indian curries but everything else is shite. The pizza is one of the worst I've had.

The one in Darnley is actually very good, I think it's the original one as it used to be an Ashoka. The one on Sauchiehall Street is awful though.