best/worst chain restaurant

mungo

I like the curry nights at Wetherspoons, Inverness on a Thursday night.

The quality can be just as good as any genuine Indian curry house

Nonsense. Inverness must have some dreadful curry houses if that's true. Granted they're decent value but they're on a par with a supermarket curry.

I find the people that rave about nandos are the people who have not have a great deal of exposure to decent restaurants.

Nandos is good for what it is. Its not tremendous but its the perfect blend of fast food and sitting in a restaurant.

Wagamamas is pretty decent as well.

Nonsense. Inverness must have some dreadful curry houses if that's true. Granted they're decent value but they're on a par with a supermarket curry.

It does. Got family up in Inverness and they say there's no decent ones at all and having tried some of them they're right.

Sadly that is true.

There is one excellent Indian - Rajah - behind the main Post Office. There are several mediocre joints and one in particular that is the absolute pits. The local authority/food/hygeine people keep trying to close it down.

Naturally the more expensive chains like Hard Rock Cafe, Handmade Burger Co and Wagamama's tend to be pretty decent every time i've been.

MacDonald's/Burger King etc are only used when i'm either pissed or hungover.

The worst I've ever had was in a Garfunkels. I wouldnt go back there if you paid me.

The last time I went to TGI Fridays, we all got free dessert as the service and waiting time was terrible. We were told we may as well go for the most expensive one, not realising that it was actually meant to be a sharer for 3-4 people! I once got a whole meal free at Pizza Hut on Union St up here for the same reason. (both times the manager came up unprompted in case you think I'm one of these folk that just complains about everything)

Everyone had always banged on about how good Nandos was and I thought it was just 'quite good' when I finally went. Maybe it was just because my expectations had been raised by everyone else.

I've always found F&Bs food to be 'nae bad' (a step up from 'awrite') but the 500 happy birthday things everytime I've had to go there really gets on my tits.

The worst though was Spur Steak and Grill (not sure how widespread that is). Incredibly average steak and ribs. The only good thing was the free refills but that seems to be becoming standard everywhere now.

Wagamamas would be my favourite I reckon, although I've never been to a Ketchup before (never heard of it before actaully). Prezzo is also pretty fine.

Sadly that is true.

There is one excellent Indian - Rajah - behind the main Post Office. There are several mediocre joints and one in particular that is the absolute pits. The local authority/food/hygeine people keep trying to close it down.

There was one that you went downstairs to in the centre of town that was pretty good when I was up there a few years ago.

I agree that I don't see why people moan about Burger joints. I rarely use them but they are exactly what they are meant to be.

I quite enjoy Ashoka. Or if we're going further down the chain (hilarious pun intended) KFC is pretty damn good.

Can't be doing with Burger King (shite selection of burgers) or Pizza Hut - I've always thought the bases of their pizzas are far too greasy.

I find the people that rave about nandos are the people who have not have a great deal of exposure to decent restaurants.

Nandos is good for what it is. Its not tremendous but its the perfect blend of fast food and sitting in a restaurant.

Wagamamas is pretty decent as well.

My thoughts exactly.

When I want to go to a decent resteraunt I get suited and booted and head out somewhere nice. Nandos is fast food that you sit down to eat and anyone who says it isnt tasty is frankly off their fucking nut. When Im a bit hungover a trip to nandos in my trackies is exactly what im after, ffs as long as you're not the driver you can ever get a couple of curers!

I feel a good bit of the nandos hate comes from the fact that so many of the hipster brigade cannot bring themselves to like something popular.

Pizza Hut - I've always thought the bases of their pizzas are far too greasy.

In my old job, I had to go round pretty much every Pizza Hut and Pizza Hut Express in the West of Scotland and fit new data kit. I realise that most places will be the same, but having witnessed some of the goings on in their kitchens I would rather eat my own shite than dine out of any of their places.