best/worst chain restaurant

mungo

World Buffet is cool for the novelty but the food is of a terrible quality. They nail the Indian curries but everything else is shite. The pizza is one of the worst I've had.

Would have to agree. The Pizza's are atrocious but the rest passable for what it is.

• 5 years later...
Guest bernardblack

Did five guys ever get a mention in this thread? Horrifically overpriced and you can make a better burger in the house.

Best would be Wagamama’s for me

6 hours ago, alexcool said:

I've never been there, but I believe you. In any case, the problem is not in the restaurant, but in the wrong food storage technology. I recently visited one expensive restaurant with my wife and ordered a crab and it was just disgusting. I thought it would be very tasty like in other restaurants, but I didn’t even taste the crab when I ate it.

Are these posters actual AI bots, as in computer generated posts vaguely relevant to the topic, trying to impersonate a human? Seen quite a few recently, without even a link to a crappy website.

25 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Did five guys ever get a mention in this thread? Horrifically overpriced and you can make a better burger in the house.

Best would be Wagamama’s for me

Quite enjoy a five guys. Expensive for what it is though. 

Most likely enjoy it as its main competition in the price bracket was Fatburger. Which was truly awful. 

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Are these posters actual AI bots, as in computer generated posts vaguely relevant to the topic, trying to impersonate a human? Seen quite a few recently, without even a link to a crappy website.

Alexa's gone rogue....

10 minutes ago, Dele said:

Quite enjoy a five guys. Expensive for what it is though. 

Most likely enjoy it as its main competition in the price bracket was Fatburger. Which was truly awful. 

Lebowski's in Edinburgh was always good for gourmet burgers.......it's been a few years since I've been mind you.

Just now, sjc said:

Lebowski's in Edinburgh was always good for gourmet burgers.......it's been a few years since I've been mind you.

Went in once with a group of boys I play 5's with. 

Me : Brilliant film.

Them : what film?

Me : the big Lebowski.. The film that's on a constant loop in here. The film that the whole restuarant is based on.

Them : never seen it.

Me : *gobsmacked* (two servers appear) can you believe this lot have never seen the big Lebowski?!

Servers : we've never actually seen it either.

Me :

steve harvey wtf GIF

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

Me : the big Lebowski.. The film that's on a constant loop in here. The film that the whole restuarant is based on.

Me : *gobsmacked* (two servers appear) can you believe this lot have never seen the big Lebowski?!

Me :

steve harvey wtf GIF

Yeah, well, that’s just like, your opinion, man.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Me :

steve harvey wtf GIF

Some people are beyond repair!

Mozza do good Neapolitan style pizzas. Pizza no. 5 with n’duja, spicy salami, black pepper and ricotta is a taste sensation and you can’t really argue with their £6 before 6pm deal as well. Paesano’s is of a similar standard although pricier - their beer selection on the other hand is far better.

Both chains are trumped by Tonino’s on the glorious Clyde Riviera though.

9 hours ago, Dele said:

Me :

steve harvey wtf GIF

You'd think tennis players would earn enough without having to moonlight...