best/worst chain restaurant

mungo

I was just having a read of the top five forum thread "top five things about your city" . Three different people said one of the best things about their city is Frankie and Bennies :unsure: . Must be pretty shite towns if a tacky restaurant is one of the best things about it.

Anyway , it got me thinking about the TGI Fridays, Walkabouts etc etc..

What is the best chain restaurant you have been to?

I'll go for wetherspoons. It is shite most of the time , , but its quite good if you go early on a Sunday morning , sit on the sofa and eat their cheapy/manky bangers and mash.,watch the big screen telly with the news on it , and read a paper. Not bad . Horrible on a Saturday or Friday nights though . Full of smelly minks swishing down cheap drinks ,

Worst one I have been to is TGI Fridays , food was shite , and it was very tacky and overall going there is a shite memory in my life.

Edited by mungo

I was just having a read of the top five forum thread "top five things about your city" . Three different people said one of the best things about their city is Frankie and Bennies :unsure: . Must be pretty shite towns if a tacky restaurant is one of the best things about it.

Anyway , it got me thinking about the TGI Fridays, Walkabouts etc etc..

What is the best chain restaurant you have been to?

I'll go for wetherspoons. It is shite most of the time , , but its quite good if you go early on a Sunday morning , sit on the sofa and eat their cheapy/manky bangers and mash.,watch the big screen telly with the news on it , and read a paper. Not bad . Horrible on a Saturday or Friday nights though . Full of smelly minks swishing down cheap drinks ,

Worst one I have been to is TGI Fridays , food was shite , and it was very tacky and overall going there is a shite memory in my life.

I've always found TGI to be pretty good. Then again it may vary from place to place.

Worst has to be McDonalds and Burger King, horrible places.

I went to F&B's once 5 years ago in Preston - wasn't a fan at all. The lasagne I had was a bit too plasticky for what I paid and there was a kids' party not too far away that was a bit louder than your average birthday party. Now that there's a new one in Killie I'm tempted to give it a second chance, but only reluctantly so.

I don't actually mind McDonalds or BK, maybe just because I've got friends who work in both chains and give me decent scran and service. Besides, nothing can beat a whopper when you're hungover as.

I quite like TGI Fridays, the ribs out of there are superb. Honourable mentions go to Wagamama and Nandos too.

Wetherspoons food is honestly amongst the worst I've ever tasted. Frankie and Bennies was shite too last time I went in.

I quite like la tasca, been a few times and always enjoyed it. Frankie and benny's is ok but wouldn't rush back. Agree that wetherspoons is terrible.

Not a fan of nando's either, people rave about it but I just don't get it. The serving system is awful and the food is decidedly average. Oh, and bella italia is also shite.

I don't really go to chain places, so I can't really comment, but what is the deal with footballers on twitter just now?

"@thickasfuck can't wait Nandos 2nite w00t!!!111!!"

It does seem to be a strange phenomenon with footballers on Twitter going on about Nandos, glad you noticed it too. I've never been personally, Nandos hasn't travelled to this northern wasteland yet.

Best- nandos

worst- mcdonalds

I honestly dont understand the appeal of Nandos - it seems overpriced and poor value for money (and it doesnt even taste nice).

I used to like Pizza hut but it the restaurant side of the business has really gone downhill over the last 5 years or so.

Never had a nandos, may have to change and see what the hype is about.

I didn't really like F+B's, can't remember what I had but the service was really slow both times I've been. Been to a TGI Fridays once and thought it was decent, was down in Newcastle though so that may or may not have some bearing.

I quite like McDonalds and BK actually :ph34r:

I like the curry nights at Wetherspoons, Inverness on a Thursday night.

The quality can be just as good as any genuine Indian curry house, but at a fraction of the price.

There is also the added bonus that the choice of beers is superb - and generally around half the price you would pay for a pint anywhere else in Inverness.

People shouldn't keep knocking them just because they are cheap.

Places like Llyods and Wetherspoons are great for a breakfast and a pint when hungover. Apart from that I wouldn't really eat there. They are very reasonably priced. A curry from anywhere but a proper Indian is wrong.

TGI's gave me the runs the one time I was there, never again. Places like F&B, Nanados ect are all vastly overrated, mainly by women.