Sherlock - BBC

~~~

Can't see a thread for this, but new series of Sherlock is on BBC One has just finished, thought it was a brilliant episode with benedict cumberbatch doing another brilliant job.

Really looking forward to the next 2 episode

If you haven't seen it, I'd advise you to watch it on the iplayer

I love anything Sherlock Holmes, but Sherlock really is very good. Great programme.

One little thing from tonight, that isn't really a "spoiler" as such but just a daft question I have from the episode:

Just before Sherlock opened the safe in Irene Adler's flat, what did he shout so that Watson and Adler would know to duck? I can only imagine it was a British cultural reference that the Americans wouldn't understand, but I just didn't hear it.

Cheers.

I love anything Sherlock Holmes, but Sherlock really is very good. Great programme.

One little thing from tonight, that isn't really a "spoiler" as such but just a daft question I have from the episode:

Just before Sherlock opened the safe in Irene Adler's flat, what did he shout so that Watson and Adler would know to duck? I can only imagine it was a British cultural reference that the Americans wouldn't understand, but I just didn't hear it.

Cheers.

i think he said "vatican cameos". not sure what that meant though :huh:

Can't see a thread for this, but new series of Sherlock is on BBC One has just finished, thought it was a brilliant episode with benedict cumberbatch doing another brilliant job.

Cheers, I had forgotten that was on. I Player it is.

Cheers.

I thought it sounded Latin TBH.

Anyway it was excellent, again.

Good shout.

Just caught it on i-Player. Tremendous.

one would assume that it is a pre-arranged codeword between holmes and watson in the event of an imminent trap/danger.

Well according to our friend Google, there was a Sherlock game in the late 90s that goes by that name.

Must mean something in the Sherlock mythology I'd assume

Well according to our friend Google, there was a Sherlock game in the late 90s that goes by that name.

Must mean something in the Sherlock mythology I'd assume

ah i see, it is either a reference to a holmes "fan fiction" written by anne margaret lewis

"The Vatican Cameos

I was exceedingly preoccupied by that little affair of the Vatican cameos, and in my anxiety to oblige the Pope I lost touch with several interesting English cases.

—Sherlock Holmes, The Hound of the Baskervilles

Sherlock Holmes helps Pope Leo XIII recover a rare collection of ancient Roman cameos that has vanished en route to Queen Victoria. A gift with political implications, their loss could cost English Catholics their much-needed cathedral in London. Holmes travels to Rome to locate the stolen baubles, but when this theft quickly turns to murder, Holmes and the Holy Father realize this case is more treacherous than they imagined. Introduced and concluded by Dr. Watson, the bulk of the tale is told in the fatherly voice of the erudite and prolific Pope Leo XIII."

http://holmeschurchmysteries.com/

or this old text adventure game

http://hotud.org/component/content/article/45-interactive-fiction/24178

Edited by Broccoli Dog

Thought it was great. But Moriarty is so shit- like Graham Norton meets Ant & Dec. Shit, shit, shit.

I found him to be quite disappointing. What is his accent all about?

Also did Sherlock just write-off the dead body of the fake Irene Adler at the morgue, or did I miss something.

A woman is dead and she would of had to be hand picked to fool Sherlock

Of course I do, what a bizarre question.

It's not bizarre at all. Let me explain. You referred to the show in question as "Hammy shite aimed at middle class morons." You denigrate the show while simultaneously devaluing the people who enjoy it - without actually offering any justification for doing so. This sort of behavior is commonly attributed to people who are compulsively negative on the internet - which you were assumed to be by your statement, and thus the original question.

Separately, but related, your chosen venue of attack was the assumed intelligence of the "middle class," which reveals yourself to be rather puffed up on what you see as your own vast intellect. With more than eleven thousand posts to your name, you spend a great deal of time online - and your focus on "intelligence level" - limits you to a rather sad group of self-aggrandizing internet blowhards.

Edited by Englebre21