England v Scotland, Wembley, 1999

La_Leyenda

listen to the boos when our national anthem comes on!!

All one way stuff my arse. f**k the English!

Which was in response to the booing they got at Hampden, and the fallout in the media afterwards.

Grow up, shit-for-brains.

Uploaded three videos from that night.

Sky sports pre-match coverage:

Anthems and Hutchison's goal:

'rockin all over the world' afterwards:

Great stuff, brought back so many memories. Was at both games, atmosphere especially the way leg fantastic, however usual Scotland, just never got the breaks :(

Great stuff, brought back so many memories. Was at both games, atmosphere especially the way leg fantastic, however usual Scotland, just never got the breaks :(

Memories of both games.

Home game.

Had real problems pre-match meeting my father. We had arranged to meet at the Garage to the south west of Hampden, but the English Transport Police decided that you couldn't walk near the ground if you didn't have a ticket. Despite explaining the situation to the cockney twat, he didn't let me through. Ended up phoning a taxi to drive through the police corden.

Made it just in time for kickoff. Sat in the South upper, best seats in the ground.

The first half Scotland were the better team but a stonewall pen turned down and the woodwork prevented. England Scored with their only attacks. Half time featured everyone moaning about the referees performance. The 2nd half was horrible to watch, England upped their game and were in total control I remember thinking that they could have scored more. The English away support were Brilliant in the 2nd half. The atmosphere was quiet in the home end. Strangely subdued for such a big game.

Post match the Scotland fans were once again held back to let the English fans leave. For whatever reason the Transport Police treated them like royality and the home support like shit. We headed into town only to be caught in a mass brawl outside central station with about 300 english thugs fighing with each other, utterly mental and I got hit with a bottle on the back of my head. After this we decided against going to the pub and headed to a mates flat to clean me up and have a carryout.

Away game

Travelled down on a supporters bus leaving edinburgh overnight and arriving early morning. Banter was good on the bus and we were recharged. After the violence of the first game I decided against wearing a kilt. Headed to the william Wallace pub for some scran and many beers. Left this pub to wander to the tube station and got talking to some nice englsih lads. The tube journey look forever as there was a powercut and it went pitch-black. Found out later that Chelsea hooligans(combat 18) were on the same train but another carriage and there was stabbings.

The stadium was great and we were seated high up behind the goal hutchison scored into. I remeber the game being very even and the home support being very quiet. Ferguson was superb as was Hutchison. If the Dailly header has went in, I would have fancied Scotland to kick on for the winner. Got the bus straight home after the game, although the Scotland support much have stayed about 40 mins after full time.

listen to the boos when our national anthem comes on!!

All one way stuff my arse. f**k the English!

Let them boo.

I think the passion they put into their anthem is a better indication of the fact that they care more than they'd like to admit. Especially in a game with as much meaning.

Memories of both games.

Home game.

Had real problems pre-match meeting my father. We had arranged to meet at the Garage to the south west of Hampden, but the English Transport Police decided that you couldn't walk near the ground if you didn't have a ticket. Despite explaining the situation to the cockney twat, he didn't let me through. Ended up phoning a taxi to drive through the police corden.

Made it just in time for kickoff. Sat in the South upper, best seats in the ground.

The first half Scotland were the better team but a stonewall pen turned down and the woodwork prevented. England Scored with their only attacks. Half time featured everyone moaning about the referees performance. The 2nd half was horrible to watch, England upped their game and were in total control I remember thinking that they could have scored more. The English away support were Brilliant in the 2nd half. The atmosphere was quiet in the home end. Strangely subdued for such a big game.

Post match the Scotland fans were once again held back to let the English fans leave. For whatever reason the Transport Police treated them like royality and the home support like shit. We headed into town only to be caught in a mass brawl outside central station with about 300 english thugs fighing with each other, utterly mental and I got hit with a bottle on the back of my head. After this we decided against going to the pub and headed to a mates flat to clean me up and have a carryout.

Away game

Travelled down on a supporters bus leaving edinburgh overnight and arriving early morning. Banter was good on the bus and we were recharged. After the violence of the first game I decided against wearing a kilt. Headed to the william Wallace pub for some scran and many beers. Left this pub to wander to the tube station and got talking to some nice englsih lads. The tube journey look forever as there was a powercut and it went pitch-black. Found out later that Chelsea hooligans(combat 18) were on the same train but another carriage and there was stabbings.

The stadium was great and we were seated high up behind the goal hutchison scored into. I remeber the game being very even and the home support being very quiet. Ferguson was superb as was Hutchison. If the Dailly header has went in, I would have fancied Scotland to kick on for the winner. Got the bus straight home after the game, although the Scotland support much have stayed about 40 mins after full time.

Let's be honest, that didn't happen, did it?

Oh course it did.

Clearly you were not in Glasgow or London to fully appreciate the carnage. Hopefully we will never draw England again.

Never seen any bother, sadly all what s wrong with the TA now a days: not wanting to play our biggest rivals :( They'd rather go touring / walking city centres, churches or museums, anything but hit the drink and watch the footie.

I was in London. That didn't happen.

I don't know if there were riots in London - but there certainly was a horrible atmosphere and remember when walking up to Wembley the English couldn't wait to sneer abuse at you. Then again, it's no worse than I got yesterday at Tannadice, just a rivalry isn't it?

One thing I remember that always makes me laugh. Before the game, for some reason the concourse bit was mixed with no police cordon (they eventually seperated it) which meant England and Scotland fans were sharing the same toilets.

As I'm taking a piss all I could hear behind me was an english guy say to a Scottish guy "come on then, I'll smash your face all over the wall son". I was terrified, trying to quickly finish up and get out of there. All the while this conversation continues behind me "You're fucking getting it son" with the Scottish guy replying "just calm down mate, no need for it."

Eventually turned round, couldn't beleive it when the Scottish guy was about 6 foot and built like a house, while the English guy was this wee short arse about the size of a 12 year old!! Started laughing only for the wee guy to turn to me and give it "you want some as well you jock b*****d."

I would have hit him but it would have felt like child abuse. I just walked away laughing. Wouldn't be surprised if someone eventually belted him though.

Never seen any bother, sadly all what s wrong with the TA now a days: not wanting to play our biggest rivals :( They'd rather go touring / walking city centres, churches or museums, anything but hit the drink and watch the footie.

Trust me I wasn't looking for bother! I was only 13 at the time, It wasn't like we went to trafalgar square and was singing anti-englsh songs. Remember at the it was in the best interests of the English media to cover up such violence. You only need to see how they covered up the murder of a welsh fan to see this. I will google.

http://www.guardian....ewsstory.sport6

http://www.dailymoti...gan-firms_sport

England v Scotland, Wembley StadiumA mixed Scotland mob of Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee boys had sporadic clashes with English hooligans in and around Trafalgar Square before the match. .[33]

Yet nothing about the power coming down in the tube or the battles outside central.

Really? Cover the whole of London did you?

Two big rivals play in a vital match and their is isolated incidents of violence, is that really that hard to believe?

Really? Cover the whole of London did you?

Two big rivals play in a vital match and their is isolated incidents of violence, is that really that hard to believe?

Exactly what I was going to post before I read yours.

Both games were evil,both sides biggest fucknuggets were out n about in force,got spat on a couple of times but apart from that i was lucky,some of my friends had really bad experiences at both matches

Archived