Cineworld Unlimited Pass

Quentin Taranbino

Bought tix for Spectre on Monday there in Imax.

Fucking nearly £14 each.

I remember having a monthly pass for £9.99 for fuxake.

In those days it was around a fiver to get into a film.

I understand inflation but my wages haven't trebled in 13 years.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's not really comparable then? Imax costs a fair bit more than normal. I'd say the rise would be a lot better with a fair comparison.

Possibly.

I was mainly making the point that cinema prices are rising faster than most other entertainment.

Nearly £14 for a film even in Imax seems like the kind of price that will make people do it once every so often opposed to every week.

I do take on board your point though as valid

I think Imax IS a once every so often thing. Which is something else that bumps the price up a bit.

I'd pay 7 quid in the local cinema which is pretty reasonable. Think it's 9.60 full price in Cineworld, but I've not paid it for a while so f**k knows. It's certainly in that general area.

I think Imax IS a once every so often thing. Which is something else that bumps the price up a bit.

I'd pay 7 quid in the local cinema which is pretty reasonable. Think it's 9.60 full price in Cineworld, but I've not paid it for a while so f**k knows. It's certainly in that general area.

So it's £5 more expensive for imax?

I assumed it was about £2 difference

Have only been to the IMAX once (at the Science Centre) really enjoyed it, can see though it would be expensive (I don't know how much it cost as the person I was with kindly treated me). Definitely going to start using my black card more tho and going myself (seems silly to bother about it as nobody will notice anyway!)

For unlimited card holders for IMAX you are charged the difference in price between a standard ticket and IMAX. IMAX is really a bonus most locations don't have it, it is an optional extra. I tend to find it is usually only worth it for certain films and in 3D if done right there is a lot more depth in the image and immersion. Some films maybe it is how they film them seem to maybe get converted and prob not worth the hassle. Don't normally bother with IMAX for 2d movies but got my skyfall ticket and was good for dark knight rises. The walk is out in IMAX but think i'll just see it in normal 3D if I get round to watching it. I would only go if can get a reasonably central seat otherwise would feel a bit cheated as price is same for all seats.

The card is great as just live round the corner from cinema but handy when meeting or staying with friends in different places e.g. Glasgow, Dundee, Bradford.

Seen someone mentioned that cineme app. Think that was the thing that was getting folk to take out their phones during ads. I find that really annoying and while we can maybe forgive someone having a quick glance at their phone during adverts don't encourage it. The ads do get pretty repetitive if you have a card so better if there is allocated seating to not be too punctual. It does annoy me how much noise folk make during trailers fair enough it ain't the film yet but you can have a quiet chat to the person next to you without 2 row in front hearing you. It does happen too often then and during film usually stare or glare at folk and they stop it. I like the late showing on Friday or Sat night actually less likely to get larger groups of folks.

• 3 months later...

Just signed up for one of these bad boys, had a look and there was plenty stuff I want to see this year so just went for it. With the stuff I want to see and the odd stuff I'll probably take in due to having the unlimited card it should make it good value for money.

Got my two Lassie's cards, via my works intranet. They go through a partner site called 'your choices' that gives discounts on a variety of things. Got their years membership for £140 this time, (they're Premier Unlimited holders). We also get discount on single tickets, that makes a fair difference. Wife & I went to see Black Mass before Chrimbo, on a Sunday night, for about £12.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived