Fascinating Photos

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

arizona-wave-rock-formation.jpg

Beat me to it dammit! sad.gif

A personal favourite of mine that one. Sandstones formed by the wind in the Jurassic which have been shaped by the wind in recent times. I find that cool anyway. This one below's an old picture from Ballochmyle Quarry at Mauchline which with rocks formed in the same way, just cut straight through instead. Classic ancient sand-dune photo which pops up in sedimentary textbooks worldwide.

00480076lg.jpg

This next one's a screenshot of just a bit of the Lena Delta in Siberia from Google Maps, although I think you'll need to click on it too see the detail as it'll probably be a thumbnail at first. Scale wise, the width of the picture (just a bit of the delta) equates to the distance between Glasgow and Dundee. I could spend hours on Google Earth and fill this thread with dozens of candidates but I'd probably say this is my favourite bit of 'Google Art'.

post-13234-0-24104000-1324240088_thumb.j

I was also really impressed with the Longji terraces when I was in China a couple of years ago, although there wasn't the reflective ponded water when I was there (hence not my photo despite having tonnes of my own)

longji.jpg

Most fascinating though, here is reading champion Darren Mackie scoring a goal:

_42776089_darren_mackie.jpg

Archived