Fascinating Photos

Check that opportunistic c**t trying to pinch her shoes.

They are obviously Jimmy Choo's.

man-on-wire-polaris-new-2.jpg

Philippe Petit's high-wire walk between the two towers of the World Trade Centre.

Most of us could do that these days.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_lexnseH1Hc1qefcbeo1_400.jpg

In the medal award ceremony for the men's 200 meter race, African-American athletes Tommie Smith (gold) and John Carlos (bronze) took a stand for human rights by raising their black-gloved fists and wearing black socks in lieu of shoes. The Australian Peter Norman, who had run second, wore an American "civil rights" badge as support to them on the podium. As punishment, the IOC banned Smith and Carlos from the Olympic Games for life, and Norman was left off of Australia's Olympic team in 1972.

It's a great photo from a powerful moment, but I can't help but think it would've been so much better if the Aussie boy had stuck a glove on and adopted the same pose. Unity, and all that.

It's a great photo from a powerful moment, but I can't help but think it would've been so much better if the Aussie boy had stuck a glove on and adopted the same pose. Unity, and all that.

Is there supposed to be a relevance as to what hand you hold up as one has their left up and the other the right??

He is ruining the symmetry of the picture.

Ignorant southern hemisphere twat

This one by Eddie Adams is timeless. I think the shock value actually comes from the casual posture of the officer as he takes someone's life and the guy in the background who obviously sees this as an everyday event, rather than the horrific expression on the victim's face.

Vietcong.jpg

This one by Eddie Adams is timeless. I think the shock value actually comes from the casual posture of the officer as he takes someone's life and the guy in the background who obviously sees this as an everyday event, rather than the horrific expression on the victim's face.

Vietcong.jpg

With Ad Lib standing on the left in his tin helmet, VERY STRONGLY ADVISING the guy not to shoot.

Vietcong.jpg

Deserved it according to this.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguyễn_Văn_Lém

Eta: on the same page as this photograph was published, the newspaper published one of a Vietnamese child who had been executed by the viet cong, for balance. The anti war movement used the Eddie Adams one and the other has been forgotten according to Life Magazine.

Vietcong.jpg

is that du wei and peter liewell?

Deserved it according to this.

Well, the point on deserving it is a whole new topic. I think there are conflicting views on his crimes going by the stuff i read earlier. Either way, i dont think any of it detracts from the seemingly casual regard that human life is held in this moment in time. If there was anger on people's faces because of crimes the 'victim' had committed, i think the shock value would reduce.

enhanced-buzz-wide-27132-1322863289-12.jpg

A distressed bride attempts suicide in China after her fiance abruptly called off their marriage. Still in her wedding gown, she tried to kill herself by jumping out of a window of a seventh floor building. Right as she jumped, a man managed to catch and save her.

"your my wife now Dave"

Archived