Minor traffic offences

The muppets sometimes block half the entrance to my street and cause a major hazard by forcing people to approach a T junction on the wrong side of the road.

This is to enable them to use the speed camera without getting out of their vehicle and they're using it on a stretch of road where there has never been a single acident.

I have to say though that the councils in scotland are far better than those in england for putting up speed cameras. There are hardly any up here and down south they are fecking everywhere.

You'd think it would be the councils who are money grabbers, just using speed cameras as a way to raise revenue but for us it's the cops.

ANything for the scum to avoid going after criminals.

I think speed cameras could be good but I have become very cynical because of their placement in the local area.

Example 1.

Someone was killed at a junction, police regularly have a speed camera beyond that junction down the bottom of the hill. This will not stop people speeding at the area where the person was killed. You need to break to stay in the speed limit and the speed limit was changed, it wasn't changed at the area where the death occurred.

:wacko:

Example 2.

Area mentioned this morning, two people died in a bad crash. This is because of drivers going too slow and shiting themselves and people overtake. Decrease the speed limit to 40mph.

:thumsup2;):1eye

IDIOTS

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should they not be doing it the other way around?

They may have been gunning in both directions !?

Slightly different I know but there's nearly always a speed camera on one of the bridges over the M9/M876 in the Falkirk area - it means I slow down well in advance - not sure how many fatalities there's been on that stretch of road though !

I believe there's a rather infamous speed camera somewhere in England that was set-up following a fatality - trouble is the fatality was actually someone who jumped off of a bridge onto the carriageway below ... not sure what his terminal velocity would have been but probably not enough to earn a ticket !?

They may have been gunning in both directions !?

Slightly different I know but there's nearly always a speed camera on one of the bridges over the M9/M876 in the Falkirk area - it means I slow down well in advance - not sure how many fatalities there's been on that stretch of road though !

I believe there's a rather infamous speed camera somewhere in England that was set-up following a fatality - trouble is the fatality was actually someone who jumped off of a bridge onto the carriageway below ... not sure what his terminal velocity would have been but probably not enough to earn a ticket !?

I think you may be misusing the term 'terminal velocity'.

It doesn't mean the speed you were going when you died.

I was caught by a speed camera positioned at the exact moment the limit went from 40 to 30 on a downhill slope, obviously didn't slow down quickly enough. The only other time I got a ticket was for doing 60ish along a deserted motorway at 11pm on a Sunday where the limit was technically 50 due to roadworks but as there wasn't any work currently in progress or even another soul for miles it seemed a bit pointless.

The muppets sometimes block half the entrance to my street and cause a major hazard by forcing people to approach a T junction on the wrong side of the road.

This is to enable them to use the speed camera without getting out of their vehicle and they're using it on a stretch of road where there has never been a single acident.

I have to say though that the councils in scotland are far better than those in england for putting up speed cameras. There are hardly any up here and down south they are fecking everywhere.

You'd think it would be the councils who are money grabbers, just using speed cameras as a way to raise revenue but for us it's the cops.

ANything for the scum to avoid going after criminals.

It's obviously a deterrent, then...

Speeding and red lights are strict liability offences - go 1mph over the limit or through a red as soon as it turns and you're technically guilty.

But there's guidance that stops the courts being flooded. In England, ACPO guidelines are 10%+2mph (i.e. start prosecuting at 35 in a 30; 46 in 40 etc.) for speed and 1s delay for red light cameras (bear in mind there's 3s of amber in which to stop as well). These aren't published for Scotland, but they're apparently the same.

Apparently most of the speed cameras aren't switched on at any one time - where I live, anyway. That's about the one thing I remember from the speed awareness course I went on to avoid extra points on the old licence.

Had a near miss a few months ago, coming up the a9 at 2am in the rain, sitting around the 80 mark as I wanted to get to my bed.

A van (unaware it was police because of the weather) came up close just before the nigg roundabout and proceeded to overtake me before dropping speed to 60. Seeing that it was a police van the whole time that had followed me doing 80, I shat myself. We got to nigg roundabout and they took off up the hill and I never heard anything from it. Very pleasing.

78667.jpg

This is almost identical to the sign and road they were standing at the other morning. Only difference is that there is a small bend 50 yards before you can see the sign.

I mean really wtf? Surely there is no risk to anyone if you accelerate a little before the sixty limit? Everyone does this at times.

In the road ahead people have died because of overtaking and driving like morons yet the police have never been there once in the four years I have stayed here. There is a nice layby where they could sit and watch for dangerous drivers but no that's no good because you can see it from a mile away.

I haven't got a ticket yet but will be raging if so.

Utter utter c***s.

I'm not sure of the specifics, but apparently the Police have to be visible from a certain distance??

Anyway, the dashboard camera footage was passed to the court as part of the defence - The footage humiliatingly showing a Policeman basically sprinting from between the hedges at the entrance of the business park, pointing the speed gun at far too short a range, whilst not wearing hi-viz.

http://news.stv.tv/east-central/88840-police-deny-sneaky-speed-camera-tactics/

The police don't need to be visible or wear hi-viz beyond H&S requirements.

Was talking to a mechanic mate about this a few weeks ago.

He said he got a tug by the coppers when they clocked him at 75mph in a 60. However, he asked if they were trained on using the gun and if they were able to provide proof of this training. As they couldn't, they had to let him off.

Could be bollocks though.

You might get away with doing 37 (or more) in a 30 limit at 5.00 a.m. on a dry, clear and sunny mid-summer Sunday morning.

You're unlikely to get away with it at 8.30 a.m. on a winter school day morning outside your local primary.

There is no hard, fast rule that you can live by. Even the 10% allowance is lost if your speedo is underestimating your speed.

Archived