Minor traffic offences

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh he had zero beer in his system.

4 pints the night before in bed at 11pm, tested at 7.45am. The system is a joke and doesn#t catch folk that *actually drink drive* .

OF course there should be a progressive scale when dishing out punishment. Liam was caught at 43 mgs, and got the same punishment that someone that was under the influence of 20 pints, and an actual danger.

Is that right PB?

4 pints the night before in bed at 11pm, tested at 7.45am. The system is a joke and doesn#t catch folk that *actually drink drive* .

OF course there should be a progressive scale when dishing out punishment. Liam was caught at 43 mgs, and got the same punishment that someone that was under the influence of 20 pints, and an actual danger.

He must have the metabolism of a paving slab, OR he could be lying....................

Liam, you say?

It's a conspiracy! Good Irish Catholic boys won't be able to have a sip of communion wine and drive home before long.

Beat me to it!

Seriously though, 4 pints of lager (or similar) and there's no way he'd have been over the limit almost 9 hours later. Your mate is talking shite.

Or like me, his friend frequents somewhere like BrewDog where one pint can effectively be three. I've left after three pints before feeling like I've had eight on a schoolnight. That or the wifebeater.

After driving for over thirty years I managed to get my first two traffic offences about a fortnight apart. I'm not complaining because I did actually break the rules but doing 37 in a 30 zone and going through a red light by 1.1 seconds seem close to the limit for prosecution. I was a bit annoyed as I thought I was in a 40 zone and I had made the decision to go through the light when the "bunnet" in front slowed down. That's beside the point.

What I want to know is - what are the limits for prosecution? Has anyone been done for less than 37 or 1.1 seconds?

Question :- Where does the 1.1 seconds come from ? :unsure:

Question :- Where does the 1.1 seconds come from ? :unsure:

I was told on the letter from the polis that I went through a red light by 1.1. seconds - count it, it isn't very long. I'm not absolutely sure what they're measuring though. I'm assuming the light goes red and 1.1 seconds later I pass the traffic light. There were cameras as well.

On an ironic note, I didn't know where the 30 limit was so I drove down the same road and missed the sign again. Nearly got done again.

I was told on the letter from the polis that I went through a red light by 1.1. seconds - count it, it isn't very long. I'm not absolutely sure what they're measuring though. I'm assuming the light goes red and 1.1 seconds later I pass the traffic light. There were cameras as well.

It goes amber before that.

I was gutted to discover the 10% + 2mph rule when I got caught doing 80mph btw. :(

I'm intrigued by this. If he was drinking pints of fosters, that would account to drinking roughly 9.2 units of alcohol. If it had been stella it would amount to roughly 12 units. I'm told that it takes an hour to burn of a unit and its safest to start counting after your last drink. what do you guys think? Even if I feel fresh after a night out I'm always very wary of this. Usually i just dont bother.

G

Aye they get it measured by the camera. It is 1.1s from the light turning red until you crossed the white stop line. I think many places have no tolerance- the yellow light is it.

Actually 1.1s is a fairly long time as the yellow stays on for 3 seconds so it is 4.1s from the green light going- in a 30mph zone that is quite a bit- roughly 60 yards from the lights when it went yellow.

People need to lose the idea of counting drinks to units to get an idea if they are legal. It is all down to u the individual. I seen a programme where a big fella drank several vodkas and was still legal on a breath test.

It can certainly give you a rough estimate but it's certainly not worth risking it over what it says on the side of a bottle.

I have pretty much no idea how the breathalyser works but blood alcohol content can vary quite a bit from person to person.

I'm still impressed by the bagpiper guy who can drink and pass a breathaliser test because he's learned to change his breathing style over time. Top skill, not that I condone such reckless behaviour of course.

• 2 years later...

Left my village today to be confronted by two policemen with a new weird square camera. Looked like a digital camera and as I was half asleep started laughing before thinking it could be a speed camera.

They were standing at the sign that tells you you're leaving the 30mph and going into a 60mph zone. This seems weird as there was also a corner in the village meaning they would only get 100 meters or so of traffic?

This seems very strange and out of the ordinary, surely everyone speeds up a little when leaving an area into a faster zone?

Where is the risk to the public? Should they not be doing it the other way around?

I think I was doing about 35 but ffs everyone speeds up at this bit. Wanks.

Left my village today to be confronted by two policemen with a new weird square camera. Looked like a digital camera and as I was half asleep started laughing before thinking it could be a speed camera.

They were standing at the sign that tells you you're leaving the 30mph and going into a 60mph zone. This seems weird as there was also a corner in the village meaning they would only get 100 meters or so of traffic?

This seems very strange and out of the ordinary, surely everyone speeds up a little when leaving an area into a faster zone?

Where is the risk to the public? Should they not be doing it the other way around?

I think I was doing about 35 but ffs everyone speeds up at this bit. Wanks.

The muppets sometimes block half the entrance to my street and cause a major hazard by forcing people to approach a T junction on the wrong side of the road.

This is to enable them to use the speed camera without getting out of their vehicle and they're using it on a stretch of road where there has never been a single acident.

I have to say though that the councils in scotland are far better than those in england for putting up speed cameras. There are hardly any up here and down south they are fecking everywhere.

You'd think it would be the councils who are money grabbers, just using speed cameras as a way to raise revenue but for us it's the cops.

ANything for the scum to avoid going after criminals.

Archived