Songs That Mess With Your Emotions

bishoptonbuddie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Over the last 10 years or so I have spent much of it in various shitholes of the world - If I am feeling a bit homesick and this song comes on the ipod it is garenteed to get me welling up. It was used really well in a Tennents advert years ago.

I have a particular reason why this song has an effect on me.

In the six months or so between booking myself a Visa/flight to New Zealand and actually going there I didn't for one slight second think about how I'd miss home or anything. When the time came I just left, I said goodbye to everyone but it was never remotely sad, me and my mate got on our first flight to Paris and that was that. After a couple of days we got to New Zealand and headed straight to the pub, me thinking here we go this'll be the best year ever.

Anyway, we're in an Irish pub and of course there's a guy from Glasgow playing the tunes. He plays Caledonia, and suddenly it hits me like a tonne of bricks that I'm as far as away as humanly possible, and that I won't see all the people and places I know back home for a long time. I kept it together but I was choking up inside.

Archived