Black Mirror

Al B

Most of Brooker's stuff is incredible and tonight's Black Mirror was perhaps one of my favourites. The sad thing about that episode is that the bit at the end would probably be advocated by most of Facebook's single mum brigade.

Off topic, but i was thinking about Dead Set earlier and the part in the last episode where a zombified woman in the Big Brother house stands, staring at her reflection in a camera. Excellent satire.

It was utterly horrific. But brilliant. The last three episodes (including the last of series one) have all been fantastic. Thought provoking dramas that stay with you for ages after you've watched and all seem pretty plausible.

Gutted there is only one episode left. Hopefully it will get a new series.

I only saw one episode of this, the one where the Prime Minister had to f**k a pig. I wouldn't say it was complete shite but I didn't bother with the rest of the series. Are the new and later episodes better than this or is it just me?

You are wrong sir, extremely wrong.

If someone can explain what the hell was going on i'd be gratefull.......maybe I was too pissed or stupid to work it out.

I can't be doing with stuff full of hidden meanings where you have to be a right smartarse to work it all out.........what was all the people filming everything on their phones all about?

Everyone involved was part of some sort of 'social correction' facility that basically tortures criminals as some sort of community service.

She had killed some wee lassie along with her boyfriend and filmed it, I'm guessing this was some sort of revenge?

Did you not see the end credits? Everything was explained there.

Wasn't a huge fan of the episode to be honest, too much screaming and crying for my liking.

Everyone involved was part of some sort of 'social correction' facility that basically tortures criminals as some sort of community service.

She had killed some wee lassie along with her boyfriend and filmed it, I'm guessing this was some sort of revenge?

Did you not see the end credits? Everything was explained there.

Wasn't a huge fan of the episode to be honest, too much screaming and crying for my liking.

Basically by endlessly filming her torture and humiliation, these people with their phones were doing what she done to the little girl.

It wasn't hard to work out at all. There were no 'hidden meanings'. It was clearly laid out and very easy to follow.

It was also brilliant. As pointed out, it was yet another fantastic lampooning of a large swathe of the public.

It's easily one of the best things I've seen on TV. I was totally gripped throughout and was surprised whenever adverts rolled around as I didn't realise so much time had passed. Quality, quality stuff, and some fantastic mocking of many of the thundering idiots who populate our society.

when the doors opened to reveal the audience I just thought Arnies film 'running man'

When she's first unveiled to the crowd there's a bright light shining down on the stage and you could see someone that, from behind, looked like, and had the mannerisms of, Derren Brown. I thought it would just end there, underlining how we'll happily allow an individual to be put in so much distress, so long as it's in the name of entertainment. I'd have been happy enough with that, but the last quarter took it to another level.

When she's first unveiled to the crowd there's a bright light shining down on the stage and you could see someone that, from behind, looked like, and had the mannerisms of, Derren Brown. I thought it would just end there, underlining how we'll happily allow an individual to be put in so much distress, so long as it's in the name of entertainment. I'd have been happy enough with that, but the last quarter took it to another level.

That's exactly what I thought, I was like "What..... It was all a gameshow?!??!".

Its gripping stuff. The first series is well worth a watch for anyone who missed it. The 2nd & 3rd episodes (I think) are awesome.

Edited by Paris Hilltoon