Best Goalkeeper in Juniors

RenzoRobRoy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaron Gillespie was at Sauchie meant to be next best thing. Cost us a lot of goals and games not in same league as Halliwell and Christie

he was quite young when at Sauchie,he is better than halliwell anyway,dont know about Christie,never heard of him

he was quite young when at Sauchie,he is better than halliwell anyway,dont know about Christie,never heard of him

Aaron is not anywhere near never will be anywhere near as good as Bryn Halliwell is. He has been a great signing for Sauchie and agree with Guinness he is Probably the best keeper I have seen in junior football.

Scott Christie appears to be playing for Hamilton today.

The boy from st Andrews looked a first class keeper against linlithgow on Saturday. If it wasn't for him linlithgow could have scored 9

another of mr scotts students my god is there no end to the talent from shotstoppers oh sorry forgot to add one DAVID MARSHALL a full scottish internationalist :D :D that coaching acadamey must be doing something correct

And did well

To be pedantic he played in a team that never managed more than one season before getting relegated and the Stirling Albion support was split right down the middle betwen "Goalkeeper with potential" and "Complete diddy". He had the potential but he always seemed to prefer the "camera" save and as such he spilled more than his fair share into the net.

If he could just iron out those mistakes he would be a fantastic keeper, definitely one of the best in the 1st.

He turned down Morton in the summer as they were not offering him enough to give up his day job.

Easily the best keeper in the East.

Just a mention for the big laddie Renton at Musselburgh. His manager seems to think a lot of him.

also saw him in the cup tie at Beith and was very impressed,would`nt go the whole way and say he won the game for Musselburgh ,but he went a long way to doing it

To be pedantic he played in a team that never managed more than one season before getting relegated and the Stirling Albion support was split right down the middle betwen "Goalkeeper with potential" and "Complete diddy". He had the potential but he always seemed to prefer the "camera" save and as such he spilled more than his fair share into the net.

If he could just iron out those mistakes he would be a fantastic keeper, definitely one of the best in the 1st.

The reason the Stirling fans didnt accept him was simply because he was keeping the Myles Hogarth out of the team and Hogarth worked with some of the more vocal Albion fans who wanted him in the net no matter what.

Christie was and is a better keeper than Hogarth.

trust a lithgae fan to say he's murder. Was it not that long ago ur supporters wanted him at lithgae? Here is my top 4 for our league. 1 Andy catlin 2 kelty keeper 3 bonnyrigg keeper and 4 linlithgow keeper.

Unlike Joe, my view isn't tainted by who the boy plays for. I can only say what I think. Carlin wouldn't be in my top 8 of keepers in the east super league never mind the rest of the juniors. I have no problem acknowledging that Scott Christie looks an exvellent keeper at boness. His save in the scottish cup match was possibly the difference between us winning and losing.

Andy Carlin is one of the worst keepers in the league!

Anyone whi thinks he is the best is either wearing rose tinted glasses (pardon the expression) or is insane!

Christie and Fleming are miles ahead of the rest IMO.

Archived