Best Goalkeeper in Juniors

RenzoRobRoy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a close call between wardrope and Leishman. Connick excellent and most of the others are very good. As for Paul McCann, lovely lad but technically pretty poor. Supporters are often hoodwinked by good shot stoppers but that's only a starting point for real quality keepers. Wardrope just shades it over Leishman for me although I know which one I'd rather have a beer with.

Never seen him but all i have heard about Scott Christie is that he is the best keeper a few of the boys have played with. Stewart Tarditi Watt Guy all said this....and by reading on here some of the reports they may be right.

Graham Shepard at Maryhill has got to be in the top 5 goalkeepers in junior football. Great shot stopper, handles the ball well and is also good with the ball at his feet unlike most junior keepers. Played in the Patrick thistle first team last year and at 19 is a good bet to go back upstairs

Not sure of his name, but I was very impressed by the Lochgelly Albert goalie who played against us in Scottish earlier this season.

Our goalie Kenny Pollock has been our player of the year so far. Also good to see my mate Paul McCann getting a mention :D

The Kilbirnie goalie has put in the best display I've seen against us this season, was the difference between us scoring the 2 we did and adding another 6 or 7. Only based on that peformancw, but I'd say he's the best i'd seen.

That said, if Stefan Gonet makes himself available again...

It has to be Steven (Robbo) Robertson for Rob Roy, he was outstanding on Saturday and consistanty puts in great performancies.

The fan boys are back, been posted missing the last few days

Your posts are almost non-sensical now, there really isnt any point being so biased it makes you look like a bit simple

1 clean sheet this SEASON in league and cups, only 2 clubs in the entire league conceded more goals, 26 goals gone past in the last 12 games....for sure, the defence doesnt help that, but really, best in the juniors??... :blink:

And that in a nutshell is the problem with KRR and the precise reason they are dropping like a stone, well done Davie, Rob Roy till you die etc etc

Keith Ross, when fit no other keeper can touch him.

The boy Renton for Musselburgh impressed me greatly the other week and if he's like that consistently then he's right up there.

Connick has always been a class act between the sticks but his best days were at Meadow in my opinion. As for Wardrope, a good keeper but not great.

Archived