Homeland

Quentin Taranbino

They should definitely end it there. Third series was hit and miss, had some great bits, some really bad bits and some utterly pointless bits. Towards the end it got exciting and the way it ended was probably about right - we suspend disbelief regularly in these shows but given everything that had happened, it had to catch up with Brody eventually - there was no way out. They've more or less written Saul out of it as well IMO and Carrie must be about done too.

They could do something with underdeveloped characters like Quinn (although I found it annoying he went from anonymous assassin posing as analyst to all round CIA operative supreme involved in every single thing the agency was involved in!) and Dar Adal (who entered in season 2 as a mysterious head of black ops type but turned out to be little more than Saul's sounding board, even the hints that he was double crossing him didn't really amount to much) but I think making a season 4 is a mistake at this stage. The whole point of the show for me was about the moral ambiguity of Brody's position, his conflict between his family and his beliefs and missions, and a fairly constant "is he/isn't he a terrorist" that made it so thrilling at the start, and ultimately less so after the first season by which time we knew. While the ending of season 3 was exciting, they had established him as being "good" so that even the bluff that he was going to blow the whistle before killing Akbari was so obviously a bluff. They should let it lie now.

Spot on.

Wait... they've renewed for a season 4? Does any American TV series know when to exit gracefully rather than continue to hang on despite the story clearly starting to falter badly? I seriously thought that was the last episode, and it was wrapped up as such. Let it die, FFS!

By the way, loved the scene with carry and the marker star, very touching.

nobody can attempt to flog a dead horse like the yanks can.how could this possibly go on to a series 4?tbh,the last 30 minutes of the final episode were 30 mins too long and utterly unnecessary

Don't really understand where the fourth season is going to go. Saul will clearly be dragged back into the CIA by some crisis developing in Iran, perhaps Lockhart will blow Javadi and Saul will have the clear up the mess and there'll be the whole power struggle between the pair of them. Carrie will blatantly give her child to her Dad and there'll be all kinds of problems there. Maybe they'll revisit the Brodie clan trying to come to terms with his death and that he wasn't all bad. Sounds thrilling.

I'm a big fan of the show but if Brodie's dead, and surely he is, then that has to be that.

Don't really understand where the fourth season is going to go. Saul will clearly be dragged back into the CIA by some crisis developing in Iran, perhaps Lockhart will blow Javadi and Saul will have the clear up the mess and there'll be the whole power struggle between the pair of them. Carrie will blatantly give her child to her Dad and there'll be all kinds of problems there. Maybe they'll revisit the Brodie clan trying to come to terms with his death and that he wasn't all bad. Sounds thrilling.

I'm a big fan of the show but if Brodie's dead, and surely he is, then that has to be that.

Brodie isn't really supposed to be the main character though. The great thing about Homeland is there isn't really a central character, they all play their part somehow. Brodie was missing for quite a large portion of season 3 and the show managed to go on rather well without him

Is it possible that Brodie isn't dead and somehow survived the hanging, its happened before in real life
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/16/iranian-man-execution-hanged-alireza-meth
I know its a bit far fetched but it is Homeland after all. He could be working against the CIA with Javadi or something along those lines.

Is it possible that Brodie isn't dead and somehow survived the hanging, its happened before in real life

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/16/iranian-man-execution-hanged-alireza-meth

I know its a bit far fetched but it is Homeland after all. He could be working against the CIA with Javadi or something along those lines.

There is now way he could have survived.

As someone further up said, they concentrated so much on the hanging (I guess to give him his rightful farwell) that there is no way back from that.

Agree with most others, perhaps time to hang up their boots on this show.

There is now way he could have survived.

As someone further up said, they concentrated so much on the hanging (I guess to give him his rightful farwell) that there is no way back from that.

Agree with most others, perhaps time to hang up their boots on this show.

See how everyone has been using spoilers, do that.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...