Homeland

Quentin Taranbino

The first episode was decent enough, but not enough happened really. Sets up some good plots, and this show has always been a bit of a slow burner, but overall it's one of the better shows on tv. You just know it's setting itself up for some huge episodes.

Same wi me. Thought it was really slow but that happened a bit in previous series'. I hope the daughter doesn't become a more prominent character as seems to be the case. She is a pain in the hoop

agreed.decent enough opening episode except for the tedium of the daughter

only seen the first episode but it was interesting how explicit they made the CIA conspiracy to lie to the house committee out to be.

considering that edward snowden has said that seeing the head of the NSA lying to congress was the thing that inspired him to blow the whistle on internet surveillance it will be interesting to see if go for a similar story. since carrie can no longer work for the CIA and brody can't do anything other than live in the woods or get locked up the show needs a new angle and this could be it.

Edited by T_S_A_R

For those who have watched Ep02:

On the Dayna (dana? Deyna) point - it looks like they will be putting more of her into it, which is a distraction from another Carrie-meltdown plot-thread. BUT, until we find out who the wee fella she's shagging is and what he's about, i'm not dismissing it altogether.

Also, the new analyst could be an interesting development - is it just me, or did she get access to the CIA building a lot easier than anyone else has so far? No metal detector, no search, just swipe the card and in ye go, hen. Just jarred a bit, given the amount of eyeballing the headscarf got going through the lobby.

Is there a lack of talented actresses in the US? Dana isn't much cop and the dome in Under the Dome is horrific.

I don't think she's a poor actress at all, it's the character she's playing that's shite. They need to have Brody back in it soon.

I managed ten minutes of episode 2 and realised I wasn't enjoying the show. It shouldn't seem like hard work to watch a good show, and this was. I have now given up on it. Brody's daughter needs written out pronto, too, if it's to survive.

I can't watch any more. Season 1 was great, season 2 was ropey and I'm just not feeling it any more.

I managed ten minutes of episode 2 and realised I wasn't enjoying the show. It shouldn't seem like hard work to watch a good show, and this was. I have now given up on it. Brody's daughter needs written out pronto, too, if it's to survive.

I can't watch any more. Season 1 was great, season 2 was ropey and I'm just not feeling it any more.

Believe me, episode three gets us back on track...