Homeland

Quentin Taranbino

someone explain to me how saul and carrie can be sure that brodie doesn't have a suicide vest?

While the off the books thing is explainable down to the fact that this shit actually happens, this is a fair question to ask. They're putting a LOT of trust in Brodie given what they found out.

While the off the books thing is explainable down to the fact that this shit actually happens, this is a fair question to ask. They're putting a LOT of trust in Brodie given what they found out.

it seems like the writers had to figure out a way to get brody and carrie to interact within the context of a terror plot despite the fact that (i) carrie had electroshock therapy and got sacked by the cia (ii) brody is a mad jihadist who is also a congressman.

with two actors as good as danes and lewis you obviously want them on screen together but the superb ending to the first season made it implausible that this could happen. the strength of the show in the first season was in it's (perceived) realistic portrayal of the protocols and hierarchies of the intelligence agency but it's getting away from that now, having crazy carrie's two gormless mates doing the surveillance on an important terror target was difficult to swallow.

the strength of the show in the first season was in it's (perceived) realistic portrayal of the protocols and hierarchies of the intelligence agency but it's getting away from that now, having crazy carrie's two gormless mates doing the surveillance on an important terror target was difficult to swallow.

Wouldn't agree with that, there were a few times in the first series where I thought realism flew out of the window in terms of procedure. It's gone up this series but it was never an ultra-realistic show.

Another Solid Episode:

As previously thought, the hit-and-run is being covered up. Dana clearly doesn't want this. She still has a "moral compass". I think she'll go awol and report it anyway, which will end the campaign for presidency.

Saul getting led up the garden path by his prisoner was good to watch too.

Just have the feeling something massive is going to happen

As far as I'm aware there wasn't meant to be a Season 2 but with the reaction Season 1 received the story was changed.

I'm really enjoying this season but I think you can tell its kind of been thrown together as best as they could with a few plot holes along the way.

I must admit I like the fella Quinn. Good character and brings a decent bit of tension with Carrie.

Wouldn't agree with that, there were a few times in the first series where I thought realism flew out of the window in terms of procedure. It's gone up this series but it was never an ultra-realistic show.

any particular examples?

you are probably right but compared to 24 it's like a documentary.

any particular examples?

you are probably right but compared to 24 it's like a documentary.

From earlier in the thread....

Must have been a blip with 4 OD, have seen both episodes since my last post.

There was a point last night when i thought the show came a bit close to jumping the shark - something about how

quickly and effortlesssly Brody was plugged into the interrogation , I'd have thought there'd be more beauracracy involved, which doesn't necessarily make for entertaining TV but still

On another note, how graet a role is Carrie Matheson? From a feminist perspective (bear with me) i think it;s great, it's a role that could easily have been filled by a male character

To be fair as well - the initial premise for the show - a rogue CIA agent carrying out off the book, indendent bugging and surveillance of a high profile PoW is a little far-fetched as well. I;ve stopped watching it as being realistic and now just enjoy the tension tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got up with the latest episode. Jesus it's good.

So the plan all along was to kill Abu Nasir and Brody on the same day, effectively killing the entire cell. They've done this really well to keep it all quite mysterious, as opposed to the Secret State school of having a massive sign saying "MAJOR PLOT DEVELOPMENT" at every turn.

Only 3 episodes left now.

Really enjoying it now. Had about 4 episodes to watch because i wasn't really into it, but i watched all four back to back last night and think its fantastic. I'm not to bothered about the realism tbh. Its a thoroughly entertaining show.