Homeland

Quentin Taranbino

I've been watching this on catch up, but it's not turned up on 4OD this week - anyone know if it's a blip or are Channel Four keeping it off their on demand services? I think they have previous for this with American shows.....

It's on the 4OD website so no idea why it hasn't shown up on the tellybox thing.

I watched the first two last night and enjoying it. Hopefully get time to watch the next two episodes tonight.

Must have been a blip with 4 OD, have seen both episodes since my last post.

There was a point last night when i thought the show came a bit close to jumping the shark - something about how

quickly and effortlesssly Brody was plugged into the interrogation , I'd have thought there'd be more beauracracy involved, which doesn't necessarily make for entertaining TV but still

On another note, how graet a role is Carrie Matheson? From a feminist perspective (bear with me) i think it;s great, it's a role that could easily have been filled by a male character

Has there been an episode yet that's not had a load of full frontal nudity/sex in it? I'm not a prude, I just think that where a show relies in sex to keep their audience watching, there's a reason: the show itself isn't good enough. I'm finding it really off-putting. Each hump scene is met with a rolling of the eyes and a 'oh, for goodness sake, what is the point in that now?'. I'm not liking it at all.

Has there been an episode yet that's not had a load of full frontal nudity/sex in it? I'm not a prude, I just think that where a show relies in sex to keep their audience watching, there's a reason: the show itself isn't good enough. I'm finding it really off-putting. Each hump scene is met with a rolling of the eyes and a 'oh, for goodness sake, what is the point in that now?'. I'm not liking it at all.

I kind of agree with your point of the unnecessary sexual scenes but disagree on the not liking the show.

I am actually quite enjoying it.

On the polygraph test, I am assuming that he passed it because he was prepared for the question as Carrie had told him. I understand you can do this if you are a shit hot ex marine. The question I have - did she do it on purpose or was it becasue she was pished and gagging for a disappointing rear seat humping by a guy who could only w**k off to his stunning wife a couple of episodes ago?

First off all great series, best thing on the box just now.

Anyone else finding Sol a bit of a fishy character, could just be me but there could be something there.

not just you,i think hes the real danger.last episode was very good,the white terrorist lassie is quite an interesting character

Good twist last night (no spoiler in this post)!

I thought i was leftfield in suspecting Sol but everyone seems to suspect him now. That, plus last nights episode, has made me doubt the Sol theory. I dont think Brody is in the clear yet tho.

Trust no-one!

Edited by oht

Reckon Saul is definitley involved in this somehow, when he was doing the polygraph and was asked whether he slipped your man the razor, the lines on the screen changed (would I be right in saying it's an increase in heartrate?). But then I suppose that could be a red herring. Either way he does seem to be a suspicious character.

Good twist last night (no spoiler in this post)!

I thought i was leftfield in suspecting Sol but everyone seems to suspect him now. That, plus last nights episode, has made me doubt the Sol theory. I dont think Brody is in the clear yet tho.

Trust no-one!

she spent long enough in the car with saul to be induced into making up who she saw to throw the authorities a curveball.still think sauls a bad 'un.

Downloaded Season 1 on the back of this thread and watched it all in 4 days.....bit far fetched at times in terms of, nah, not going to try spoilers :P, but it is. Does make me want to read the Israeli book on which it says it is based.

Would say that if ever there is a biopic of Steve McQueen, Brody is a shoe-in. Ringer.